Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#235890 11/11/05 04:23 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Okay, since I've always been single all my life and never had a relationship with a man. For me to know a man is like hiking into the unknown. The only men I know in my life besides my dad are not very good examples. It only leave to think that all men are like them and worth extermination. Sometimes that is.

I want to see what you females say about your boyfriend, male bosses, and or brother. Dad's not included.

one, two, and three are in the voting poles. NUMBER FOUR is an essay. Just tell me the postitive about him in your life BY posting your reply.

#235891 11/11/05 07:44 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hi Kitty.

Well my husband is my best friend and is a better person than I am. He is an extreme gentleman, very intelligent, has a dark morbid sense of humor I love and aspires to be a better person. I look up to him and he makes me want to be a better person.

So anyone want to barf yet? goofy

I met him in 1998 and I worked with him for several years. We got complimented on what a great team we were. I guess he was my supervisor too. We started dating 6 months after we met and got married in 2002(?) I put a ? b/c I can never remember. He remembers all the dates. I can remember what he wore on our first date, but his memory is way better than mine. I’m a clutter freak b/c I need items to jog my memory. I have 99.5% of everything he has given me just to jog my feeble memory.

Of course now we are through the honeymoon phase and I notice that we were so stuck at the hip for so long that we are getting boring! For example, we are bored tonight - AGAIN. He was the first person that I felt completely comfortable with and intellectually challenged (key is I wasn’t afraid to state my opinion) that I gradually stopped hanging out with my friends. He was so positive that it was a blast of fresh air.

We have never fought, but I notice the odd snap...but on my behalf smile I have a tendency not to hear him when he talks. I always joke that I am the guy of the relationship.

We are both in a rut - physically at the moment - and my biggest pet peeve is that we cannot motivate each other to workout and so on. I used to very physically active and so was he (oh I loved his muscles!) and it gets me soooooo upset that we keep falling off the trail of becoming physically fit. THAT HAS TO BE MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE ABOUT HIM/US!!!

His positives are too many to mention. I think he is a better person than I am.

I am his first girlfriend (he is 31 now so you do the math) and he was my first serious BF (I am now 28). I had a couple guys like me, but he was the first one that I decided to go for. (reason: overbearing mum and step-dad). He isn't religious or anything or 'weird' if your wondering why he was so old for his first GF, but he always thought that if you have one, she should be your first priority. To him at the moment it was school, reading and jogging. But our co-workers made him ask me out. I still have that e-mail. He asked me out in the 'p.s' section.

I never had a great male role model, but all my friends were guys growing up. I never had the urge to get married. In fact, when it was brought up I frowned upon it....mind you I was totally a closet 'chick flick' gal. His family on the other hand is a freaky happy family. i love going there. It's soooo weird for me still. He Mum still bakes and is into folky art.

Pros:
-handsome (yes he has his ugly days)
-he's my slave boy
-caring
-thinks!
-sporty
-clumsy
-has hobbies
-intelligent
-will make me $ goofy
-has a great family
-he has the same interests as me and a few more ones I don't have. that's good b/c I can learn soemthing new.
-will be a great dad one day if it happens
-makes me want to do better
-he puts the toilet seat down (both parts - I'm more likely to leave the upper lid up)
-He isn't a bar hopper
-He's a great clothes shopper now
-he’s willing to try anything to make me happy…… hehe
- I like he's 6ft2" and (had) muscles...hehe. He wants them back...mind you I want mine back too!!
-he has better hair than mine
-won’t go bald (but bald can be good!…hmmm bikerish)
-he can look tough instantly and yet very smart in a business suit
-He never puts me down, hurts me or makes me feel like dog dodo. If I ever felt 'put down' it was my own doing. He will then help bring me up to a happier place. He stuck by my side and helped me when I was down for a long time. He knows me better than myself and part of me misses the mystery, but the pros that come out of that...makes it worth it.
-He likes my quirks

cons
-I find I'm getting shy in front of him now
-can be lazy, just like me
-hmmm there is one con, but I'm not going to mention it...nfic anyone? HA! Ok I see some pple running away.
-the whole work out thing
-when he has muscles and the grr thing going on, girls look at him. Hmmm, maybe I need to get back into my taekwondo.....I was pretty good with my bow.... laugh
-I'm shy and now we don’t go out much he's getting shyer too. Nothing to do on the weekend!
-Doesn't like to go to the mall as much as I do now
-it’s getting harder to find stuff to challenge him with
-because I stuck with him for so long (and him w/ myself) we find it weird going out on our own
-I'm shy if he ever read any of the fic I read!

I’ve babbled enough *blush*

I know this part is just supposed to show the positives, but I put the cons because I find it exciting that there is something to work on. For me, I need a little adversity in a relationship to make it good part ... good. I grew up with a lot of emotion and rough spots, so in a warped way I need it. But I could do without the spare tire I've been carrying around!!!!!

Also, I couldn't say any of the negatives you had listed were ones I could pick. I wouldn't want to be with anyone that has any of those qualities. I'll put up with adversity but not any of the bad things. If I did, I'd be my mother. I actually remembered thinking I wanted someone who put down the lid b/c in a werid way it reminded me of my step-dad and I disliked almost everything he did. I wanted no reminders.

Ugh. I'm going to go barf now this is just to happy - kittens, bunnies, babies and flowers type of goodie goodie cute.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#235892 11/12/05 01:40 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I have a brother who thinks he knows everything. If you express an opinion about anything in his presence he'll proceed to tell you why your wrong. Sometime after our older sister got divorced he asked me if she was seeing anyone. Oh you need to know I'm not married and never have been. Anyway when I said no she wasn't seeing anyone he proceeded to asked me what she was going to do with her life. Like the fact that she is the mother or two and a terrific special ed teacher wasn't enough. That if she didn't get a new man her life was wasted. I didn't say anything although I was mad as heck, but I was sitting there thinking buddy if you are what is available in the male of the species then who the heck needs one. If I want children I can always go the for the "Pop in a bottle" root and there are all sorts of ways to get your kicks. I don't know how he turned into a complete male chauvinist (Sp?) because that is not the way my mother raised my 2 brothers.

#235893 11/12/05 11:57 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh dear!

My brother drives me nuts. It's because he's dumb.

#235894 11/12/05 07:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

:rolleyes: They are all cut with the same scissor!

MAF blush

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#235895 11/12/05 09:43 PM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Excuse me -- that means guys can't know the results of the poll about us? Unfair. Boohiss! wink

#235896 11/13/05 05:05 AM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
[Linked Image] if you insist. But I'm [Linked Image] posting other result if anyother is added.

I am refering to my...
My Brother 36% My Husband 50%
My Boss 7%
I have a lot of Brother so I'll have choose the easy one. 7%

The negative aspect of my relationship w/him is
He keeps leaving the toilet seat up! 7%
He is so sloppy. 21%
He keeps on blaming me for things I didn't do. 14%
He never remembers where he keeps his things. 14%
He thinks woman has to do all the work&house work too. 0%
others. 43%

Are the pros and cons...
He has more pros then cons 57%
He has more cons then pros 29%
His pros and cons are about the same.7%
Despite his fault I still love him till death due us apart. 7%

#235897 11/13/05 06:34 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
My husband is also my best friend and a terrific father to our son. Our relationship is completely 50\50 and if either of us had a right to complain I'm sure it would be him about me. I'm loud, totally stubborn and love to argue. laugh He has never left the toilet seat up, is definately not the sloppy one, Always has to find everything for me, does his share of house work and I can't recall a time where he blamed me for something I didn't do.

My brothers on the other hand are a completely different story. My older brother thinks he's the greatest, most intelligent being on this planet. Growing up with two, they were messy, always left the seat up and we fought constantly. Of course, I wasn't completely innocent either. Isn't that what sibblings are supposed to do? laugh

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#235898 11/13/05 10:31 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Always has to find everything for me.
LOL. Me too! I can't believe how I manage to miss place stuff.

...does his share of house work and I can't recall a time where he blamed me for something I didn't do
Cool dido here.

Excuse me -- that means guys can't know the results of the poll about us? Unfair. Boohiss!
rotflol

Of course, I wasn't completely innocent either. Isn't that what sibblings are supposed to do?
Yeah. I yelled a lot at him. He's the only one I can still yell at. Me bad. Mind you I have not done that in a few years.

My husband often goes 110% percent for me...as I do for him sometimes. I just wish we could apply that to other areas of our life!!! Groan.

Back to doing laundry now...

#235899 11/14/05 08:14 AM
J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Wow - a bit of a negative poll, here. There are only negative choices, no positive ones.

Question: What's the big deal with leaving the toilet seat up? I mean, I live in a house of all girls, and they are always leaving the toilet lid down. Gosh! That really is annoying, but I don't complain about it.

wink

My story (like anyone really cares...) I was raised in a house of all boys. My parents (both mom and dad) taught us to always leave the lids down. Their reason was that no one wanted to look at an open toilet.

Oh - and I didn't vote.

smile

--
Jeff
#235900 11/14/05 11:03 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
What's the big deal with leaving the toilet seat up?
The way I see it, men approach the toilet face forward. Therefore, if the seat is down, they can see that right away and lift it. No harm, no foul.

Women approach the toilet facing the other way. If the seat is up, they might not (probably won't) notice, especially if they are going in the middle of the night. Not noticing the seat is up means an unpleasant surprise when you end up sitting on the rim (yuck) or worse, falling in! (double yuck)

That's my take on it, anyway. smile

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#235901 11/14/05 02:56 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow - a bit of a negative poll, here. There are only negative choices, no positive ones.
There are some positive, however very little, but I do agree of the negative thing going on. That's why my post was so long b/c I felt like I had something to proove. I immediately felt bad for the guy population. LOL rotflol

#235902 11/14/05 04:03 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
You were SUPPOSED to post for the POSITIVES.

#235903 11/14/05 09:37 PM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Whereas the male perspective on the toilet seat is much the opposite. The toilet seat has two positions. There are two approaches to using it: either move it to the necessary position before using, or always move it to the same position after using AND move it to the necessary position before using. Which one involves more steps?

Admittedly, if the house is all-female, then both are no-ops; in a mixed environment, the first shares the issue equally, while the second places all burden on the male. Share household tasks equitably? ;-)

And besides, how can you walk up to a toilet and never be facing it? Sure, it's possible to do, but do you really walk into the bathroom in reverse?

#235904 11/15/05 03:53 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Whereas the male perspective on the toilet seat is much the opposite. The toilet seat has two positions. There are two approaches to using it: either move it to the necessary position before using, or always move it to the same position after using AND move it to the necessary position before using. Which one involves more steps?
No, I think it's just that some women wakes up half groggy and don't want to fall into the toilet.

I've sit on a toilet with the seat up is fine with me. It's perfect size for me but when the toilet seat is down, it's too small for me.

#235905 11/21/05 08:05 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have four brothers a full brother (same mother & Father)a Half brother (Same mother different father) and two step brothers (My dad their mum) one of my step borthers is older the others are all younger.

i get on fairly well with them now my eldest step brother and i had issues at the start as we were both used to being the eldest. My half brother is only 8 there is more than 10 years between us i love him to bits and we even argue as brother and sister which i sometimes feel stupid arguing with a child but then he is the only one for his dad and has got bros or sis his age to argue with.

My full brother and i used to fight and had a love hate relationship but now we don't live together we get on great. (He lives in the building next to me i see him once a month lol )and even though he can be selfish i still wouldn't change him.

My younger step brother and i are more i like, we like to be left alone when we are ill, tired or depressed we get ourselves out of it and withdraw deeper if anyone tries to coax us out of it. We get on great we bounce of each other.

I love all four of them and consider them all as my brothers i've never had any sisters and never wanted any i wouldn't swap or change them

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013
#235906 11/21/05 08:57 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I didn't vote because at the moment I have no boyfriend and no male bosses. If I had to choose a brother, I wouldn't know which one, because I have three!

I'm pretty lucky with my brothers I guess. No real big problems. I like doing different things with different. At the moment, I have the most problems with my youngest brother. He is 13, I am 21. He's the most spoiled one because he is the 5th child and my mom is a bit tired of always being strict wink

He's always watching cartoons on Nickelodeon, almost never eats his vegetables and always wants to be included when my other brothers and I are doing something. My other brother, 17, shares my interest in computer stuff and we have seen every Lost episode together. Even if I get it sooner, I always wait for him, otherwise he'll get mad. We also have a couple of 'private jokes'. My eldest brother, 19, has started working a few months ago. I don't see him that much because he's always working or with his girlfriend. But with him, I can talk about more serious stuff, like his girlfriend and my guy troubles wink

My older sister has been living on her own (now with boyfriend) for a little over two years now, and our relationship is a little bit calmer smile She used to get mad pretty quickly, but now we only see each other 2-3 times a week, she's nicer to everyone.

The toilet seat. Living in a house with 4 males and only 2 females, means that the toilet seat is usually left up. I've tried suggesting to my brother putting it down, but to no avail. They are a bit messy and leave their shoes everywhere (so does my dad), but I can be messy too, so I can't really complain laugh

Kitty, I don't know why you've got such a negative view about men, but like with women, you have a lot of different men. Some are great, some good, others not so pleasant. And yes, some of them are real jerks. But it's the same with women.

Greets,

~ An ~
#235907 11/21/05 04:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Kitty,

In my experience, men and women are a lot alike. IMHO we're often socialized differently, but if we have the same moral upbringing, we can make a good team.

I grew up with six brothers and they all taught me that if you want to let yourself be walked on, you will always find someone more than eager to do it but if you love yourself, you'll end up with a man strong enough to stick it through. For over 20 years I have been married to a man who respects me because I respect him, but especially because I respect myself.

Always respect yourself and never forget that you have worth.

#235908 11/22/05 03:51 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Always respect yourself and never forget that you have worth.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#235909 11/26/05 05:20 AM
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
Originally posted by Vicki:
What's the big deal with leaving the toilet seat up?
The way I see it, men approach the toilet face forward. Therefore, if the seat is down, they can see that right away and lift it. No harm, no foul.

Women approach the toilet facing the other way. If the seat is up, they might not (probably won't) notice, especially if they are going in the middle of the night. Not noticing the seat is up means an unpleasant surprise when you end up sitting on the rim (yuck) or worse, falling in! (double yuck)

That's my take on it, anyway. smile
Originally posted by archbish99:
To me, both reasonings sound very yucky.
Do you really always leave the toilet open. o.O
We always close the lid (it's called a lid, isn't it)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard