Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Since I think that most of the readers of these boards are probably woman, this question may not make that much sense, but I am curious anyway.

I just watched on TV a show called “Typically men, typically women”. At the beginning of the show all the men were wearing blue T-Shirts and all the women were wearing red T-Shirts. Then they were asked to take theses shirts of. Afterwards they showed scenes of women taking of their shirts and of men taking of their shirts.

I was surprised that nearly all the men grasped their shirt behind their neck and then pulled it over their head.
Nearly all the women grasped their shirts by in the front by them hem and then pulled it up over their head.

Now, after ´talking´ so much, finally my question. Which way do you take off your shirt and please state if you are male or female.

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
Top Banana
Top Banana
I cross my arms, so that my right hand grabs the left hem and my left hand grabs the right. Then I pull it over my head.

I've never actually seen anyone (any man?) grab his t-shirt by the back of the neck. My husband takes his shirt off the same way I do (I asked).

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
I'd thought that I pulled my arms out of the sleeves and then pulled off the shirt...

But I did a double take when I was headed for the shower last night.

Sure enough, back of the neck and over the head. <g>

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well it varies. (Male)

When I'm in a hurry, its over the back of neck.

Otherwise, by the hem...

wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Columnist
Columnist
I'm female and it depends. If I'm taking it off with no worries then by the hem. But if I'm trying to protect my makeup or my hair then either carefully by the neck or if shirt is loose enough pulling my arms into the shirt and then carefully using my hands to bunch it up to the neckline and then carefully removing it the rest of the way off.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Sleeves first. The rest of the shirt just sort of follows those. wink

I am a female (who only wears shirts with 3/4 or longer sleeves).

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I never really thought about it.
I will have to investigate later today...

James, "I'll be back."

ok, I am contray to the norm. I start from the front and pull up.

Of course I had an older sister who helped me to dress for several years...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Can't seem to get to any poll today--the window just doesn't open. But as for me, I always pull my arms inside--out of the sleeves--then bunch it up to the neck, then over and off behind. And I'm quite female.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Do you have pop-ups allowed for this site? That kept me from doing the polls before. razz

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I thought I grabbed t-shirts by the hem and pulled them off, and I tried to grab my shirt by the collar and I realized I couldn't contort my arms that way and my hair got in the way . . . but I did realize that I usually grab my t-shirts by the left sleeve and then pull them off over my head. I think i do the same thing for long sleeve shirts, but I'm not sure.

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
(Female)

Well for me it depends on what I'm wearing. If it's a tight t-shirt. I do what vicky does.

If it's a sweatshirt or hooded sweat shirt, I pull my arms inside the shirt first and then I inch the shirt from bottom up to prevent the shirt from flipping over, inside out. This saves me time later so that I wont have to flip it back over.

If it's an outer jacket, my right hand grabs my left sleve from behind me and pulls it off. Once that side is off, I pull my jacket around me from left to right front and then pulls my right arm out.

Now if my shirt is flipping inside out; I don't just flip it to its right side. I save time by just putting it on in a special manner and it comes out straight.

[Linked Image]

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
^that seems like a lot of effort. <g>

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's all about the sleeves first, then I just pop the shirt off. I changed before I replied to just to make sure, LOL.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
that seems like a lot of effort.
[Linked Image]

Merriwether
Merriwether
My husband never grabs it from the back of the neck. He always grabs the portion on his chest first.

I seem to grab from the bottom and pull up. But if make up is in danger of getting damaged or I don't want my shirt dirty from make up, I do it differently. I hook my thumbs under the bottom at the front and work my thumbs up until I hit the neck line and pull it off without hitting my face.

Gotta go to sleep - good night.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Merriwether
Merriwether
*hi-fives Jen*

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just realized something today as I was undressing for the shower.

I tend to try and do the cross arm thing but somehow it doesn't always comes out that way. I was really having a hard time getting my shirt off. confused

Merriwether
Merriwether
Some more from me:

If I have a smaller shirt on I find I do the cross over pull off. It's a good way to get a stretch in. (I'm a girl.)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My husband somehow (and I have no idea exactly how) manages to take *every* article of clothing off and have it end up inside out. From shirt to socks. It drives me *batty* when I have to fix them all before putting them in the washer.

When I'm wearing long-sleeves, I generally pull my arms out of the sleeves first. I've found, though, that I always pull at a certain point on the left sleeve, and certain sweaters have gotten weak (or even ripped) at that point. Oops. And, like Vicki, I do sometimes take things off by crossing my arms and lifting from the hem, but that's generally with slim-fitting one-piece dresses.

Merriwether
Merriwether
My huband takes stuff off but then puts it inside out b/c he likes to wash it that way. he thinks there will be less friction of the 'nice side' against other items. rotflol

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard