Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
This poll contains major spoilers for the book "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" by J.K. Rowling. Please be forewarned.

Feel free to post your own opinions on the questions.

See ya,
AnnaBtG. (thanks to Roger for his help)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, I responded to the poll and then, looking at the results, I was thinking, "Wow, everybody agrees with me!" Then I realized it was because nobody else had voted yet. *bashful grin* I think I'll reserve my comments for after a few more people have voted.

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey, everybody agrees with me! wink

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Okay, I'll be the first to elaborate on my choices:

Snape: Good or evil? I voted for 'good'. I've already rambled enough in the Off Topic HP thread , but just to give my reasons here too, a) I find it very suspicious that he would turn to the dark side so blatantly, after all this year of "spying upon the good guys" and b) I don't think he would have alerted the Order that the Voldemort had lured Harry and his friend at the Ministry if he was evil. (Book 5)

Dumbledore: Is he dead? I voted for "I can't decide; I'm confused", which speaks for itself.

RAB: Who is he? I voted for Regulus Black. We know he deserted the Death Eaters - maybe it wasn't just because of cowardice, but he switched sides and tried to do something noble to redeem himself.

BTW, I saw there are (up till now) two votes on "Someone I don't see mentioned here" so I started wondering who it might be that these two people were thinking about - couldn't remember a fitting name, but something else occurred to me... maybe someone from the Bones family?

Oh! Sorry for forgetting to include the "I can't decide; I'm confused" option in this question blush

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Nice poll, Anna! smile

I voted that Snape is good. Ever since that moment in book one when we found out he'd been trying to save Harry during the quidditch game against Professor Quirrell's jinx, I've had the suspicion that Snape is really a good guy at heart. I'm glad we've gotten a better understanding of why Snape hates Harry so much. smile

For the second question, I voted that Dumbledore is dead. Now, as much as I'd like to believe he's not, and as many believable possibilities there are, I think he's gone for good. It fits with the theme of Harry losing every parental figure he's had thus far, and I can't remember who said it or where, but I agree that Dumbledore dying was like Harry's right of passage into adulthood. As long as Dumbledore was still around to guide him and give him that feeling of security, he could still be a child at heart. So... as much as it saddens me, I'm thinking that he's dead and staying dead.

Third question, I voted for Regulus Black, but only because of the wonderful analyses that I've read. The initials, Black's backstory and of his death, the mysterious locket mentioned from Grimmauld Place... they all make sense.

My question now is... how the heck is Harry going to find and destroy four horcruxes *and* kill Voldemort in only one book??

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, die hard fans. Someone needs to explain this Regulus Black thing to me, please. I've started re-reading book 5 yesterday, and on page 112, Sirius tells Harry that Voldemort killed Regulus Black, right? Or is there something more to this?

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
The link Joy posted over in the other thread explains it really well. smile

http://www.livejournal.com/users/garlandgraves/3409.html

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard