Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, I need to know how many of you actually watch Desperate Housewives because I was on the internet yesterday, reading a fanfic and suddenly my Muse screamed at me giving me a crazy idea for an L&C/DH crossover and she doesn't want to shut up laugh If someone would actually want to read a story like that I'd like to know otherwise I'll just make my Muse shut up somehow laugh

Cheers,
Raquel (who thinks her Muse is quite crazy but it's willing to give it a shot laugh )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
Merriwether
Merriwether
I can't vote either a simple yes or simple no.

How about: "Sometimes, but not regularly, and usually only part of an episode, and I'm still figuring out exactly who all the characters are"?

I think a crossover might be fun, though. smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I watch DH and love it. It's not a show I would tape or watch over and over or read fanfic about, but I love settling down late on Wednesday nights and seeing what new twists they throw at us. It's my special treat and I look forward to it. smile1

I'm sure there would be a market for a crossover though.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
I love DH!

I love how Susan always seems to be getting into trouble with her snooping....lol

smile Bgirl

Dear Aquaman, Tell all the fishes Merry Christmas
Cassandra Cain and Tim Drake
A Very Tim and Cassie Christmas
Merriwether
Merriwether
I watch it when I can. I didn't watch the first few but then I watched it to see what the hype was and then I was hooked for a few months. The last two have been difficult to catch. When it comes out of DVD I want to buy it. Well, I'm sure it will be!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I. Love. Desperate Housewives. Oh my god. If there's something I'm more obsessed with than working out, it's the ladies of Wisteria Lane. Two of my roommates have already called me today reminding me that the finale is on tonight and that we will be having a full-fledged discussion/analysis of the show afterwards. smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes, I admit it. I watch it and I love it. I usually sit on IRC and make random comments about it. Tonight, it was mostly "Oh no" on several scenes. Along with an "oh, lord" and an "ohdear". of course, after I said then, I couldn't recall *why*! Oh, well.

I keep watching the show, and think "Ya know, the situation that Susan just got into? Lois would do!" And it's more than just the mannerisms.. hrm.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, I love Desperate Housewives. Started watching initially just to see how Teri did in a new series, and got immediately hooked (like the rest of America, apparently!)

S P O I L E R S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

The cliffhanger left me with: is Mike Delfino Zack/Dana's father? Is Zack/Dana going to shoot him the minute he walks in the house?

Did he leave Paul Young out there in the desert?

Dang, the summer's too long in one respect, and too short (great warm weather, longer days) in another.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Arrrrrrgghhhhhh! <g>

/me comes into the thread and belatedly puts her hands over her eyes. Guys! Can you please remember that some of us are behind you in the US and won't get the finale for a few weeks yet? Can you make sure you include a spoiler space if you're going to spoil?

DH is one show that I really don't want to be spoiled on, as I really look forward each week to the new twists and turns and want to come to it entirely unprepared.

I've edited the header to let people who don't want to be spoiled know that this poll contains spoilers.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love Desperate Houswives!!! That and the new Dr Who are the only shows I tape if I'm not home - am hoping, next season, Dr . Who will become a regular on DH laugh The Tardis would look very good in one of the white picket gardens on Wisteria Lane - but which garden? ?

c

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've only watched one episode of DH - thanks, Lynn! smile - but found myself rapidly becoming irritated with the characters' behaviour and the farcical scenes. It's not really my thing. But I'm glad to see Teri Hatcher doing well - and it was amusing to see just how like Lois she still looks. Even if I do think her hair is just a bit too long for her and that she's way too ditzy for my liking. wink

Carol, I'm with you all the way on the new Dr Who - I had no idea it's being aired here in Canada. We've been grabbing the eps from newsgroups. I've always liked Christopher Eccleston - loved him in Our Friends In The North - and I really like the much more gritty feel the producers have given to Dr Who. And the very faint, but not non-existent, sexual tension between the Doctor and Rose. (And if anyone had ever told me that I'd actually like Billie Piper, I'd have thought they had two heads! goofy ). Oh, and it's also great to see a woman in a starring role on TV who actually has normal-sized hips rather than those better suited to a 12-year-old boy! wink

The only shame is that apparently Eccleston is only doing one season as the Doctor. frown

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard core DH watcher here, usually with the Hubby, who's already figured out next season.

Didn't Wendy and Tank already do a DH crossover "Desperate Reporter"? wasn't it? I remember, I liked their rendition.

TEEEEEEJ

Features Writer
Features Writer
in brazil only cable Tv shows it so as i dont have cable i cant watch it... I dont mind the spoilers or fanfic about it though...

I hope to be able to finally watch it when i get in london.

laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Didn't Wendy and Tank already do a DH crossover "Desperate Reporter"? wasn't it? I remember, I liked their rendition.
Yeah, well, I have to confess that if the gang on IRC hadn't told me that 'Susan Mayer' and 'Wisteria Lane' were references to Desperate Housewives I'd never have known. wink The rest of the references in my part of the story came from Google. goofy

And thanks, TJ! laugh

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
It started last week on cable. I would have started watching it, but it's finals time and my sense of time is completely messed up. frown So I lost the first four episodes, and, since I hate watching series without having watched the first episodes first, I'll have to wait for the re-runs.

All in all, though, I wouldn't mind a crossover. Could be promising.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
OT - Wendy, Dr. Who is on CBC Tuesday at 8:00 pm, and yes, Rose is a great character. smile

c.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Sarah Jane was, is, and always will be the best Dr. Who companion.

Tank (who was introduced to Dr. Who via Tom Baker, but also enjoyed Jon Pertwee's redition)

Oh, and BTW: I also watch Desperate Housewives if I'm home and agree with Wendy that Teri's hair is MUCH too long, but don't think she looks, or acts at all like Lois Lane any more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or acts at all like Lois Lane any more.
Are you serious? I see shades of Lois everytime she comes on the screen. She investigates, she wheedles, she snoops, she's insecure. I don't think that part was written so much for Teri Hatcher as it was for Lois Lane.

Or are you just being facetious?

TEEEEEJ

Merriwether
Merriwether
I like her hair like that.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Actually I'm serious. There's a big difference between a determined, competent investigator and a curious snoop.

Lois Lane is an intelligent, focused individual driven to right the wrongs she sees in her line of work. Susan is the lovable bumbler. She's not stupid, but she is sort of a klutzy ditz who stumbles through life from one minor crises to another.

While Lois may be insecure about her personal life, she doesn't wear her emotions on her sleeve. Lois has dealt with any of her professional insecurities by out working, and out performing her peers. Susan's insecurities cover just about every aspect of her life and she broadcasts them like a neon sign.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Teri's portrayal of Susan. It's a role that she does very well. But it's not Lois. I mentioned once back at the beginning of the season that it was nice to see Teri working again, but it was also a bit depressing because it signaled the end of the Teri as Lois Lane.

We all tend to identify actors with their roles and (ignoring those crappy small time movies which is easy to do) they become that character for us. When Teri wasn't 'out there' in the public eye it was easy to still see her as Lois since it was her last significant role. Now she has created Susan, and has become her in the minds of her fans. It's good for Teri, and I wish her success, but I mourn the death of 'my' Lois Lane.

Tank (who doubts that even a decent haircut could make Susan seem like Lois... but would still like to see it)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard