Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
This is getting sooo angsty ah!

I just want them both to get a good cry out on eachother. They are both so lost and so sad. Even if they don't end up together romantically they should be able to become good friend for support.

I hope but then again, crazy authors... goofy wink

I loved this last line btw:
The sound of her sobs killed him, more so than the other Lois's tears had ever hurt. They reminded him of his tears. His pain. His anguish. And suddenly, he couldn't take it. He couldn't listen and be reminded of everything he'd been trying not to think about ever since he'd flown into his bedroom and found her there. He shot into the stratosphere and headed east towards the sun, stopping only when he could no longer hear her crying. Though the sound wouldn't leave his head. It was etched there, carved into his memory. And there was nothing he could do to erase it.
Beautifully writen. I am really learning to love Mondays and Thrusdays wink laugh

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I feel so bad for both of them. I can't wait until they unload their burdens on each other. I am so glad that Clark told her that he wanted her in his life. They both have a lot to think about. Poor Lois! She is like a little frightened child. I wish he would go and hug her. Laura

Clark: β€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

WOW! smile1

Tricia cool

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Hi!

Has the party finished?

Sorry I'm late, my... car broke down and there was a... tornado. You know how it goes, I'm sure you don't want all the gory details... so... *ahem*...

The man she'd foolishly fantasized having a future with.
I really like that line for some reason, it just stands out... just... um... it makes me want to ruffle Lois's hair and pat her on the back. Because, you know, hugs aren't manly and... well...

(Can you tell I'm half asleep? :p )

*Moving on* smile

Then he'd said her name. He'd known her name.
Oooh! Nice! Subtle little reminder of why we're here... can't get too off track into the land of Waff wink

"This other Lois... changed my life... "
I love that you've acknowledged that! smile The other Lois - *our* Lois... when did I start thinking of her as the other Lois? - had a huge impact on Clark's life and it's great that you're not sweeping that under the rug.

Nothing big, but she could tell that the eyes of the woman staring back at her told a different story from the life Lois herself had lived. Happier.
Aw... /me ruffles Lois's hair and pats her on the shoulder.

wink

The idea of parallel universes was hard to fathom, but then again, so was the fact that a man could fly.
One day someone should take Lois to an airport and explain a few things to her...

Or maybe... maybe it was because she needed him not to be crazy.
I love that... really smile Needed him not to be crazy... I love that she can admit that - our Lois *never* needed anything - and I love that she does... need him, that is... and... yeah. It's desperate and sweet and... I'm going to go with a tad ironic.

"Um... no. I kind of... let myself in."

His brow furrowed. "Oh?"

"I picked your lock," she admitted sheepishly and braced herself for his anger. But he only smiled, and suddenly she was self-conscious. "What?"

"Nothing. It's just... funny, is all."
Now that you mention it... goofy

The look on his face surprised her. He was leaning forward in his seat, a look of genuine concern, like he *wanted* to help.
I can see that so clearly... I can even see the shock on Lois's face laugh

Actually, like all she had to do was say jump and he'd ask how high.
Hey, that's not a fair test... we just went through this, the man can *fly*! Jumping? Piece of cake!

But that was nonsense. She couldn't experience his emotions any more than he could hers.
Oh no? Can't you? Concentrate, Lois, feel the force...

He couldn't know what she'd been through. Even if he did, there was no guarantee that he'd care. Pity. He'd probably pity her. She didn't want that. Selfishly, foolishly, she wanted him to understand. She wanted him to care that she'd gone through hell and back. That it hadn't been her fault.
Oh... I *love* that... she didn't want his pity, she wanted him to care. She wanted real emotion. A real reaction. A *connection*. I really love that smile

Nor had he imagined he would be sorely tempted to ask her to leave.
Dammit... that's a great line. Again, he's not reacting how he *expected* he would if he ever found Lois, and maybe... maybe that's because he didn't find her, she found him. Or maybe it's like Chris said, and Lois is meant to fall head over heels for Clark in this universe.

This was wrong. All wrong. It wasn't supposed to be like this. He was supposed to be happy, dammit. Lois was supposed to be hesitant, yet intrigued. She didn't want to be here. He was warring with his emotions, wanting her to go, but stay at the same time. This was supposed to be a dream come true.

It was a nightmare.
LOVE THAT! Love it! Love it! Love it!

Supposed to be a dream. But not.

Sara... you're *amazing* smile

Haven't been able to stop for a while ;P

But... that whole last paragraph. The immagery is so strong. So powerful. It's amazing. You're amazing.

And... since I came in kind of late... do you need any help finishing off that cake?

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Beautifully writen. I am really learning to love Mondays and Thrusdays
Thank you, Kelly!!!! drool

Thank you *everyone* for your terrific comments!!! And thanks to those of you that are reading, but not commenting. I still appreciated it. smile smile

Part 7 up soon. wink

Sara laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
Wheeeee!

You... they held you captive for three years?!"

He looked horrified. Incredulous. And why not? The oh so great Lois Lane, beaten at her own game and made victim for three years and counting.
Awwwww! It's not over yet.

Clark's hands shook as he pulled two coffee mugs from the cabinet. She'd been alive. All this time. It hadn't really hit him until now. Three years! Three years she'd been a prisoner in a war-torn country. He didn't even want to imagine the horrors inflicted on her.

The mugs rattled as he set them down on the counter. He couldn't stop shaking.
Oh boy! This is going to be one big explosion. Wonder who is going to fire off frist.

A whole year he'd let her suffer. Why hadn't he looked harder? Why hadn't he torn apart the damned jungle looking for her? Why hadn't he found her?

Years. He'd wasted years of his life without her. And the last year... after the other Lois had left...

The past few days... or had it been a week?

He'd nearly killed himself, dammit, and she'd been alive all this time.
Awwwwww! Quilt. It'll do you every time. *sniff*

And now she was sitting in his living room, probably offended at how rude he'd just been. He hadn't been able to help it. Everything had assaulted him at once. He'd needed to get away. Be alone.

Distance.

He'd needed distance from her.
Oh, Don't start that. Christ! razz

It was a nightmare.

One of those bad dreams in which something awful was happening to someone you loved you and you just couldn't move fast enough. Everything was in slow motion and you wished and tried with all your might, but no matter what you did, you still couldn't make it in time.

Never in time.

He'd had that nightmare countless times. Lois. *His* Lois. Dying. A bullet. A cliff. A knife. A wild animal.

He'd never been able to make it.

And she'd always died.

Now she was here... but he still couldn't move.
ACK!! *Closes eyes* Your evil!

"Please stay. I know it's probably more than a little... daunting, what with everything I've told you, but I really would like to help you and..."

"And?"

I can't stand the thought of you not being in my life. I can't stand the thought that I should have saved you years ago, and I'd give anything to be able to save you now.

He tried to swallow the emotion, the uncertainty that was biting at his voice. "And I'd really like to get to know you."
Yeah! Go ahead and say those words. I'm sure she wouldnt take it stalkerish. wink

It was on the tip of his tongue to offer again to take her home, but he didn't. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Right." She smiled that weak smile again and they both stood there awkwardly for a moment before she finally moved towards the door.
Oy!

Still intent on his resolve to see her home safely, he spun back into the Suit and took off through the window. He stayed in the clouds high above her and matched her pace as she wandered down the street. His heart sank when he saw her final destination.

The Apollo Motel.

Clark hovered high above the derelict motel. He really should go home. She was safely in her room now and there was no longer an excuse for him to be there. The neighborhood wasn't terribly safe, sure, but it was close enough to his place that he'd hear her if she needed him. No reason for him to stay. No reason for him to watch her as she kicked off her shoes and threw down her backpack. No reason for him to watch her crawl into bed and pull the covers around her tightly as she curled up. No reason for him to listen as she started to cry. Worst of all, there was no reason for him to go down and hold her until all her pain went away.

The sound of her sobs killed him, more so than the other Lois's tears had ever hurt. They reminded him of his tears. His pain. His anguish. And suddenly, he couldn't take it. He couldn't listen and be reminded of everything he'd been trying not to think about ever since he'd flown into his bedroom and found her there. He shot into the stratosphere and headed east towards the sun, stopping only when he could no longer hear her crying. Though the sound wouldn't leave his head. It was etched there, carved into his memory. And there was nothing he could do to erase it.
AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! whinging My God! That's....So angsty, and OMG! Your killing me, Sara! Nice part, hon. Can't wait to read the next one...which I'm onto now. <G>

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard