Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#235228 05/07/05 03:24 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I'm just currious here to see what you all will do. What would you do in this story? If it were you.

Scene A :
If a friend of yours came upon you one day and said, I've just met Oliver's mom. I thought she was already dead?

Scene B :
Following Month, your same friend comes to you and asked if your foot is okay because she had thought that you had broken it.

#235229 05/07/05 03:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This poll makes no sense to me? I am lost. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#235230 05/07/05 10:24 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think what Kitty is asking is if you had someone come to you and tell you about two future events in advance, would you think they were psychic or not when those events they had predicted happened at a later date.

I chose other on all counts because I'd probably not spend much time thinking about it at all in the first instance and later - although I tend to be pretty open-minded about these kind of things, neither believing or not - I'd probably tack it down to simple co-incidence.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#235231 05/08/05 01:22 AM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
How come laurach can never understand me?

#235232 05/08/05 03:06 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I'd suppose that they had their facts crossed, that's all.

And if the facts turned out to come true, I'd just think it's a coincidence. I don't believe in psychics.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#235233 05/08/05 03:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I would't say I NEVER understand you Kitty, just this ONCE I did not understand these questions. Thank you to the people who clarified the questions for me.

It depends on the circumstances. Are the things that they are saying easy to predict or difficult?

For example: If someone is pregnant and a person says, you are going to have a boy. They have a 50 percent chance of being right. That is not psychic. But if someone says don't get on that plane tomorrow it is going to crash and then it actually does. THAT is psychic.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#235234 05/09/05 03:18 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
let me tell you these stories Laurach and decide for yourself.

(1) I've been at my current job since Dec. 14, 1992. About five years after that I met my boss' mother. My inpression of my boss' mother was that He didn't have a mother. At least that was what I had thought at that time. Months later, she had complications and had to have surgery. But it never surprised me. All I thought was that she would not servive. My boss' father couldn't wait for her to heal after the surger so he left and went back to Hong Kong without his wife. It was shortly after that she died.

(2) The case of Jerry Dalmers. Believe it or not the news broadcast of Jerry Dalmer's merderious scene was part of my nighmare when I was about twelve. I just didn't remember the nightmare until the day I saw the two news broadcast; one is of the trial and the other one was of finding the skull in Dalmer's freezer. The wood tiles in the halls were exact to my dreams.

(3) Mr. Wang's stolen bike. He cained it to a four feet tall metal POST. I warned him once that the bike would get stolen so he moved it. But he did it again a second time and the bike got stolen.

What can I do feel guilty for not preventing the prediction from become true. I know which boy it is but only in my prediction but only see the boy hang around the bike once. In my dream, I was that boy who stole the bike. My boss' son Su-Neil Bhawnani told me not to say anything to the Cops that came to get the detail. So I obey and shut up even when I knew that the boy in my dream will be at the corner road of where our store is at that same day at 4:45 PM. And at exact time as I knew it the boy was at the corner of Boughton Road and Pine crest selling the stolen bike to a tall white male.

I'm still very disturbed by this incident. Mentally doing wallbash to myself at my slow reaction rate.

(4) I had several nighmares at that age. One of which included the nighmare of the newscast broadcast of the oklahoma bombing. And the drawing of an eye witness of the bomb'ers hooded mask. I swear somehow maybe...I not sure of this but it's due to a hateful ex-employee, if I remember it correctly.

(5) Not to mention my dad's two hospital visit.

The problem with all this foreknowledge of these event is that it's viewed like a TV set with it's sound system broken.

So tell me Laurach, am I crazy? frown

#235235 05/10/05 03:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kitty,
Sounds like you have a bit of a psychic ability. There is nothing wrong with that. Sylvia Brown, James Van Prague and John Edwards make a good living helping Police and grieving people all the time.

It is a gift. You should use what you were given to help people. A stolen bicycle is not worth getting upset over. When you start seeing murderers committing murder then I would be upset. But everything happens for a reason. If it is true that you really have a gift then it was given to you for a purpose.
Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
#235236 05/10/05 03:54 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just wanted to say that, like Laura, I didn't understand the question either when I first saw it. In fact, until some people started replying to the poll I had no clue what it was about.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#235237 05/11/05 04:39 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Dear Laura,

Dear Kitty,
Sounds like you have a bit of a psychic ability. There is nothing wrong with that. Sylvia Brown, James Van Prague and John Edwards make a good living helping Police and grieving people all the time.
Yeah, I just wished that either it would be off or it would be put into good use. frown

It is a gift. You should use what you were given to help people. A stolen bicycle is not worth getting upset over. When you start seeing murderers committing murder then I would be upset. But everything happens for a reason. If it is true that you really have a gift then it was given to you for a purpose.
Usually, my "Church" group thinks of this abilitys as evil. Anyhow, Thanks Laura that will be conforting to know. I think I really do needed to know that.

Yeah, and what that purspose would be I would like to ask my Gurdian angel/spirit guide that I know he's here because I can always feel his presence.

It is a gift. You should use what you were given to help people.
Now that's a conferting thought. Using it for doing God's purpose. The part in question is now: How and when.

Sincerely, Kitty

#235238 05/28/05 05:04 AM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
<bump>

three to six months ago, I had a sense of loss before the loss had actually happen. My grandmother died three days later after the sense of loss I had at work.

#235239 06/10/05 06:04 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
<Bump>

Once when I was younger and did not believe in this predictions stuff. This happened...

I was at a bus stop in Chicago on Grand and Fullerton when I saw a teenager walk behind me and past me. Headed the corner when I regcoginzed the stranger. I didn't know why he reminded me of this dream I had. I got an idea in my head that I should go talk to this guy and find out why. Minutes later, as the man/teenager was crossing the road a car came out from nowhere and was runed over by a speeding car. I was mentally doing wallbash wallbash to myself. "Stupid, stupid." I told myself, reaction time too slow.

[Linked Image]and Feeling like a " [Linked Image]"

#235240 06/15/05 09:44 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
In that last case, I would call that not psychic ability but a prompting of the Holy Spirit--if you want to get into what some churches would call it. There have been lots of people who have felt strongly impressed to go check on someone, call someone, send a letter NOW, etc., and when they obeyed that prompting, they were able to save someone's life, make someone's day/week, get something they really needed out of the blue, etc. I can't presume to know why God lets us know some things like that and not others (that's because He's an omniscient divine being and I'm definitely neither one), but anyway . . . that's my view of that.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
#235241 07/10/05 04:44 AM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yeah, but usually people don't listen. Most times when I do warn people they don't listen. No body ever listens to me.

#235242 07/10/05 04:53 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think

the greatest thing you ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return
#235243 07/10/05 06:13 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lolly, not sure what you were intending to do here - whether you had a glitch when posting or accidentally hit the post button repeatedly or something - but I've deleted the other four examples of your post.

If you need to make changes to the post that's left, there's no need to post again. Just click on the little icon on the header of your post that looks like a notepad and pen and it'll let you edit the existing post, so you can add or delete anything you want. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#235244 07/13/05 03:26 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yeah, but usually people don't listen. Most times when I do warn people they don't listen. No body ever listens to me.
Maybe you need to approach them in a different way.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#235245 07/17/05 02:31 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Maybe you need to approach them in a different way.
My female boss is the only one that believes me when I tell her those things.

I sometimes tell here, "You do that and I'll come and haunt you", just to scare her. laugh

----------------------------------------------

Had a weird dream thursday/Wednesday. The same dream I had years before the Zodiac killer struck, I think. After I had this dream years ago, a string with murder started occuring.

I wonder if it's a movie their making about the Zodiac killer. [Linked Image] I could never tell the diffrence.

Anyhow, a weird dream about the Zodiac killer who had just gotten out of someplace and changing his ammo and killed a woman in a courthouse's elevator. And this time there was a witness to the crime from and elevator in back of where the Zodiac killer made his kill.

I wonder if this will pan out. I hope not. I'm not even sure what this dream meant, If it pans out I'll be wallbash wallbash wallbash myself on the head agin, mentally speaking. No wonder I have flat head.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard