Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#234950 03/21/05 03:30 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This may not be wise, but I'm wondering -- at the conclusion of the first submission cycle, what do people think of the awards?

For the record, we on the K-Com do *not* see these awards as any sort of competition to be beaten; we've said for years that the addition of a different sort of awards system could be very healthy for the fandom. I personally was very excited to see a new system announced, and while I had some reservations, I was hoping the Merriweathers would go very well. These days, I'm not so sanguine about their prospects; nevertheless, I'm not going to write them off -- I'm willing to consider entering a story of mine at some point in the future. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#234951 03/21/05 12:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I thought I would be the only one who had voted, but a lot have. For me the comments the judges provided were very valuable and I think the judges spent a lot of time in the judging process. So it's been a help to me. The hiccups turned out to be rather large, but that doesn't decrease the value to me as a writer.
Thanks
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#234952 03/23/05 12:57 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I liked the Merriweather Awards. A few things did concern me at first, but, at the end of the day, I had nothing to lose by submitting a story. So I did, and the scoresheet I received was very interesting.

I am indeed looking forward to the next cycle of submissions. And I'm glad the K-comm doesn't regard the Merriweathers as competition. It's two different kinds of awards, each one with its own philosophy.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

EDIT: I just caught up with the thread on the Fanfic Related section and saw there have been problems. I saw things I didn't like frown But yet, my experience was great, and I want to believe that all problems will be solved soon. (I'd have more to say about it, but I have class... See ya.)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#234953 03/23/05 10:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good gracious. Well, I for one have been on vacation at the beach for a couple of weeks and currently have no idea what's going on, but I skimmed through some threads this afternoon to quasi catch myself up. It looks like there have been some problems, but that's expected. I still think it sounds like a fun idea if a category pops up that interests me. Honestly, I have so many other things to worry about before fanfic problems even begin to get on my issue list. I hope whatver issues there are can be worked out because the Merriweathers sound like a fun idea. Sorry, that was kind of jumpy, I'm still a little scrambled from Gulf Shores.

Take care everybody,
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard