Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam Merriweather Awards - 03/21/05 07:30 AM
This may not be wise, but I'm wondering -- at the conclusion of the first submission cycle, what do people think of the awards?

For the record, we on the K-Com do *not* see these awards as any sort of competition to be beaten; we've said for years that the addition of a different sort of awards system could be very healthy for the fandom. I personally was very excited to see a new system announced, and while I had some reservations, I was hoping the Merriweathers would go very well. These days, I'm not so sanguine about their prospects; nevertheless, I'm not going to write them off -- I'm willing to consider entering a story of mine at some point in the future. smile

PJ
Posted By: Artemis Re: Merriweather Awards - 03/21/05 04:18 PM
I thought I would be the only one who had voted, but a lot have. For me the comments the judges provided were very valuable and I think the judges spent a lot of time in the judging process. So it's been a help to me. The hiccups turned out to be rather large, but that doesn't decrease the value to me as a writer.
Thanks
Artemis
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Merriweather Awards - 03/23/05 04:57 AM
I liked the Merriweather Awards. A few things did concern me at first, but, at the end of the day, I had nothing to lose by submitting a story. So I did, and the scoresheet I received was very interesting.

I am indeed looking forward to the next cycle of submissions. And I'm glad the K-comm doesn't regard the Merriweathers as competition. It's two different kinds of awards, each one with its own philosophy.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

EDIT: I just caught up with the thread on the Fanfic Related section and saw there have been problems. I saw things I didn't like frown But yet, my experience was great, and I want to believe that all problems will be solved soon. (I'd have more to say about it, but I have class... See ya.)
Posted By: Shadow Re: Merriweather Awards - 03/23/05 02:13 PM
Good gracious. Well, I for one have been on vacation at the beach for a couple of weeks and currently have no idea what's going on, but I skimmed through some threads this afternoon to quasi catch myself up. It looks like there have been some problems, but that's expected. I still think it sounds like a fun idea if a category pops up that interests me. Honestly, I have so many other things to worry about before fanfic problems even begin to get on my issue list. I hope whatver issues there are can be worked out because the Merriweathers sound like a fun idea. Sorry, that was kind of jumpy, I'm still a little scrambled from Gulf Shores.

Take care everybody,
Jen
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards