Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I am currently thinking of working on a couple of Stargate SG-1 / Lois and Clark crossovers.

I was wondering what your thoughts would be on the following.

Would the existance of Superman change the fact that the Stargate program was a secret government project or not?

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Merriwether
Merriwether
I think it would be secret either way. Even though Superman had appeared, Bureau 39 continued to function. Okay, so that was early in the series, but the government will always have their secrets. Now, would they try to bring Superman in, for those times when the Goa'uld come in their motherships? Most likely. It's a lot easier than taking out an asteroid. He'd probably just have to sign a non-disclosure form.. which, I'm sure, is hard for any reporter. wink

Hrm.. Clark and Thor... Clark might find out more about Krypton that way. *giggle* I'd love to see the final product! Oooh, the interactions... laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And maybe all the "New Kryptonians" were really goa'ulds <g> It would explain a lot...

Anyway, I agree, the Stargate program would still be secret. Having one lone benevolent alien flying around helping people is one thing; knowing that there are masses of homocidal aliens gunning for your planet is a totally different thing... though I expect they might get Superman involved for the "mothership in orbit" problems...

Interesting question! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard