Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just curious to see how many people are currently writing. The poll is anonymous, of course, so you can escape nagging, if you choose. Do feel free, of course, to post here with more specifics. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Working on a couple of WIPs, but not ready to post yet. frown

One (Near Wild Heaven II - Belonging) is progressing slowly, but I'm not letting it go any more (meaning I'm not working on any other solo story, neither long nor short). I don't have a clue when I'll be ready to post, but I have about 40 pages close to readable draft (the fic shouldn't be longer than 200 pages). Once I get more organised with my job I should be able to write in a more regular way. smile

The other, called Whisper From the Dying, is being co-written with my evil partner, in between writing our solo stories, and for one of us, moving house. Since Wendy is a lot less snail-like than me when it comes to writing, and she's rather talented at kicking bums of slow co-authors laugh , Whisper might be the next one I post. smile

Nagging absolutely welcome for both. wink

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm working on several stories, actually. A few of those will probably be ready in say a month. Than there's a longer one, epic-size, which will take me a lot longer.

I'd love to post anything that's done as soon as possible, but that's something I can't do this year. I'll be away from the internet a lot this school year, so I have no idea when and if I'll be able to post until I go home again in the summer. Good thing I have holidays. wink

But I'll be writing, and hopefully, come back with tons of fic. smile

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Kae said to answer with details, so Julie rushed to the board with her tail between her legs. Julie admits she has 2-3 fics in the works that haven't been opened in about 3 months.

/me runs before scolding begins

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Top Banana
Top Banana
JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goofy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
razz ), which is the story that started this whole crazy WYWG mess. laugh It was a *loose* sequel to Chances Are, the original WYWG, and well...this one got stalled for obvious reasons.

Then there's this other one called...well it doesn't have a title really...but it's a quite different take on SLV. laugh

That's it...I think. Though the muse has so many ideas...I just won't let her start anything else right now. goofy

Sara (who thinks that's probably more than Paul wanted to know wink )

EDIT: NAGNAGNAG!!!!!!!!! That goes for Julie, Kae, Sas, AND Paul!!!!!!! wildguy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
And *no* I'm not telling anyone what happens or who it involves!
Lucky me already heard about it! So get your tushie in gear and write everything!!!! I'm waiting! wildguy

Saskia

Top Banana
Top Banana
My current problem is, whilst I have two old WIPs which are around half-way written, plus one sequel which has been promised but not even started, I don't feel like working on any of them. Instead, I have two new story ideas which are in the development stage and seem much more interesting to the Muse - except that even that's a problem, because I can't decide which one to concentrate on! Argh!!!

Perhaps I should conduct a poll on which story to continue writing. Hmmm...

Yvonne

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm determined that the story I'm currently working on will be posted in its entirety by the end of the year. Working backwards, and knowing how bloody long it is, that means I need to start posting soon. I'd really wanted to be 100% finished, but now I'm shooting for 25% un-finished with a 75% buffer to carry me through. I'm hoping that by putting myself on a deadline, I'll get it finished faster.

Besides, I'm ready to have it out of my head and bugging the rest of you instead of me wink

I do have another story with a good healthy start, but it's a dark one. And then there's that final Lost Chapter of Butterfly Legacy that's also half finished...too many stories. Not enough time.

What amazes me is that last year, I posted around a half a dozen stories. This year, it'll be a whopping two. Not that I've written less, just way more in-depth and stories that go on and on. I always wondered how a writer could work for years on a single story. Now I know.

smile

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooooooh. Ouch. Option #4 for me - I've been working on an epic of sorts since May last year, title Expectancy, and I'm finally starting to get somewhere... up to chapter 11, 410 bytes, about 40% done and starting to really enjoy working on it... and my Muse suddenly decided to go into early hibernation wildguy wildguy ]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Top Banana
Top Banana
So hopefully I'll have this one finished within the next twenty years...
SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to wait around for twenty years, you know that! Deadline's 2005. wildguy wildguy

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Sort of. I've got a thing or two in the works. I have files. Notes. A scene or two. I'm working on it. Really. It's just, you know, life and stuff...
Which sucks, but there's nothing I can do. razz razz razz razz

Note, though, that in most of my stories I have more than a scene or two.

See ya,
AnnaBtG. (NAG to all authors!! wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy )

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I'm too far into the final story of The Circle Game trilogy to abandon it, and I feel guilty about not having finished it long ago, but RL keeps interfering. and I lose momentum. I guess I need to give myself a good kick in the pants.

smile Jude

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Since no one ever nags me, I guess I can admit -- I have a bunch of ideas. I even have quite a few files started with random notes, even outlines, or maybe even a few pages written. However, now my sole motivation is finishing one particular story. Really finishing it. It was posted to the mbs months ago, but now I am trying to revamp it and make it less melodramatic. I hope to have it done and ready to submit the nfic version to Annesplace and the PG 13 version to the archive before year end.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
From feedback folders for "A Nightmare Come True":

"I await the next part..."
"Post the next part soon!"
"This is superbly written and I can’t wait to read more"
"Excellent! Please post *soon*. "
"More soon...the anticipation is killing me!"
"And I need more and sooner!"
"waiting for Monday post...."
"More ASAP, please."

If that's not nagging, I don't know what is...and that was just from one part, Laura! smile

Yvonne

Features Writer
Features Writer
alright no ones nags my stuff but since I´m around... I have to confess: Though I have much more fun with my evil MTLVs, I have a bible lengthed one coming up. (not less evil though)

I´m recently working on that and my Muse decided to cooperate so everything´s going fine.

The only problem i´ve been facing is that i have to go much more often to my shrink´s office in a useless attempt of waiting patiently for other fic parts people are currently posting (this goes for sarah and sqd/Jen goofy )and the story has sth like 5% to go. So basically it will take a whole month for writing/BRing posting process to achieve this point. (hopefully blush )

MDL. (Who is all hyper here trying to finish this.... OH !!! Why people have to work or study? That´s so useless mad )

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I started a sequel to Chaos Revisited, but I think it's going to be a Spidey-only fic. Yeah, my muse has had Spider-Man on the brain ever since I saw the movie. There will probably be another Lois & Clark crossover sequel to that, though.

I've also got an Army of Darkness/Spidey crossover in the works.

As for originals, I am working on the next fic in my original fantasy series, as well as an original superhero parody spoof that I may post in the original fiction section when it's done.

But I'm not working on any Lois & Clark fics at the moment, unless one of my crossovers ends up including them or something.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Merriwether
Merriwether
I almost always have several WIPs going at any one time, even if some never see the light of day. I have three right now that I consider "top priority", meaning they are partially completed and/or plotted and I would really hate to not ever finish them. I even got my muse to pick one to concentrate on last month and started writing ... only to stall again. But I'm still holding out hope that this break will only be short-term and not a continuation of the long one I've been on since January. smile

(For anyone who is interested, the three are "When More Becomes Everything", "Momentum 3" (an nfic), and stand-alone BatP/HoL adapt with a working title of "Can't Go Back". Despite my best efforts, the muse has decided to not help me to finish either of my trilogies in the immediate future but rather wants to concentrate on the stand-alone, But at least I've started writing again, so I guess I can't complain too much. smile )

Neat poll idea, Paul.

Kathy

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh, wow. This has gotten a bigger response than I expected. Cool.

Just too bad the most popular answer is "Yes, but not for a while..." <sigh>

That aside, I'm very happy to see so many people writing! Thanks to those who've identified themselves so far. A bold move, but an appreciated one. <g>

Now, I know Sara voted "other," but who are the other two?

Irish Sara, as requested...

Get your virtual butt in gear and start writing! wildguy wildguy I don't know what it's about, but if it's by you, I want to see! Get to writing! wildguy wildguy

Kathy, I hope things go better for you and your muse.

As for me, I've got one in the works. It's going slowly, but I'm hoping that catching up on all the sleep I've missed this week will help.

As usual for me, it's unusual and experimental. Unique in format. Hopefully fun. We'll see.

Actually... I just had a thought.

<explain, explain>

You know what? I'm going to post it as a seperate poll.

While I'm at it, I'll post the companion poll to this one that I meant to post last night.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm currently posting Rest & Reproduction; the last part is finally in progress. party

I also have something else in the works: working title The Evil that Men Do, based on the Wendy/Tank challenge Expecting the Worst (where Lois finds out she's pregnant after HoL). It looks as if it's going to be very long, though.

Plus I wrote Dance with a Stranger for the Guess-the-Writer challenge, and am planning to rework it (and probably make it the actual nfic it was meant to be laugh ).

Mere smile

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Features Writer
Features Writer
Now, I know Sara voted "other," but who are the other two?
I voted for other... u didn´t have the "I´m under tranquilizers not to post what i already have" option. goofy

MDL. wave

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Um...just ignore this...I might put something intelligent here later when I figure out what I'm doing. cat

Sara

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Kerth
Kerth
Technically I have a WIP.... the only thing is that P is for pause smile1

P.S. The WIP is of course DwC wink

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
A fic in progress? Nah... I don't write. I tried it once but I decided I didn't like it much <g>.

Oh, wait, this isn't the lying thread...

Kaylle :p

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/me stares at Kaylle's post and goes to find a particularly hard two by four....

LabRat [Linked Image] wildguy wildguy wildguy

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am dizzy with the possibilities of soon to be had amazing, original, sequel, strange, dark, and angsty fics!

Now get to work you guys! wildguy

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
/me stares at Kaylle's post and goes to find a particularly hard two by four....
Hey Lab! I'll bet Kae will let you borrow her Kryptonite coated 2 x 4! wink

Kaylle...come on...write some more!! wildguy wildguy wildguy

And for all you other authors....(especially Kae!!!) get writing!!!!!!!!!!!

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Sara

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Irish Sara, as requested...

Get your virtual butt in gear and start writing! I don't know what it's about, but if it's by you, I want to see! Get to writing!
ROFL!!!! Awww, thanks a million, Paul blush I'm a tryin', I can tell you that much laugh And as to what it's about... ahmmmm... one word... annnnnnnnnnggggsty. wink

And yes, laugh ]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ummm... is it too much of a stretch to say that I'm writing and posting right now? blush I know that I disappeared for a week or so and that I've skipped a post of my (already slowed-down) Don't Be A Stranger, but blame moving house (and country! eek ) and being without internet for eight days.

Anyway, I'm back online, sort of, and will try to get a new part of DBAS up today, or tomorrow at the latest.

And WIPs? Paul, you only included an option for one other?! :rolleyes: I think I probably have about five or six unfinished stories on my hard drive, of which I consider two to be serious WIPs. Kae's already mentioned one, and it's my turn and has been for a few weeks... but I hope to get to it soon.

Great poll, Paul! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I guess I'm in a good situation, sort of.

I have a wip that is currently being posted... really I do. Once that is finished off, I owe Wendy one more challenge fic... then that's it.

I'm done. I know you've heard it all before, but this time I'm going to really take a run at the retirement thing. I think maybe it's time to reasses my priorities and find a more productive way to spend my time.

Maybe there'll actually be some decent television for a change... Maybe?

Tank (who is open to suggestions for 'more productive' pursuits)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I actually have something I'd been pretty actively working on. So far it's a very detailed outline and several chapters, but things are going well, I'm always excited about getting to use my Pocket PC with its new keyboard, and so I'm pretty much writing a few pages every day or so. However... it's a rather long story, and since it's historical (an elseworlds), so it involves lots of research and such that adds time. I also don't plan to start posting until I've finished the whole story and done some serious editing. So it'll definitely be a few months!

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I'm currently posting "Twins", and although babysitting my grandson cuts into my writing time, it hasn't stopped it. When I temporarily run out of inspiration for things that happen in between the important stuff of the story, I work a little bit on "Home V" which doesn't have its secondary title yet. It's a murder mystery, and somewhat longer than the more recent "Home" stories. I'm only into the first couple of chapters, so far, though.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I didn't. But now I do. goofy

I have to say that I enjoyed the process of finishing of SOMH so much over the past couple of weeks that now that it's done and dusted and being posted I'm missing that sense of achievement that comes from ending the day knowing you've got a decent number of pages down on the screen. thumbsup

So, looks like the Muse is going to be chained to the desk with no hope of a winter vacation to compliment her summer spent on the beach with the cabana boys... wink

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll have to admit I chose "other". I have two WIPs, but haven't touched either of them in eons. I've somewhat lost interest in writing for now. At the moment, other interests are dominating my limited free time.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I work a little bit on "Home V" which doesn't have its secondary title yet. It's a murder mystery, and somewhat longer than the more recent "Home" stories.
YAY NAN!!! laugh

As for myself...I have the same 3 or 4 stories on my hard drive that I've always had...and no time to work on them...

Not to mention the little notebook I have with about 50 different premises that could be turned into stories... *sigh*

-Breanna (who's lack of writting/posting could probably be attributed to the fact that she's never actually posted her own fic in the first place :p Though she did do part of a RR/challenge fic, which was fun smile )

P.S. Paul... any new news on putting House of Cards in the archives?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
dizzy

I would rather have a laptop with internet access and spend my days reading and writing. Oh well!

~sunkist

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, I checked sort of. I've got (at least) four WIPs on the go. I even found the start of a story and associated notes on the floppy disk I've been carrying around for the last six months that I'd entirely forgotten about. It doesn't look too bad, either, so maybe...

Meanwhile, as at least some of you know, I am having to rely on the generosity of others for computer and internet access and that complicates matters somewhat. At least, now, I'm not an entire island away from the nearest public terminal as I was during the summer!

Right now, though, I'm in the house on my own, and I think getting a few more paras of typing done might be in order...

Chris

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hi All,

I haven't been here for a while. But... well I thought I'd stop by today to see what's up. Anyway, I saw the pole and thought I'd see if anyone else was in my position. Am I really the only writer that isn't writing any L and C at the moment? Wow. I'm not sure if I should feel proud (for actually taking that retirement that Tank keeps trying to take laugh ) or if I should feel ashamed.

I've got lots of partially completed L and C stories on my hard drive and lots of stories that are completed but that I'm not satisfied with. Don't worry. I have a note in with my will saying that if I die, Gerry is supposed to be given all my unposted stories to do with whatever she wants laugh

ML (Who is going to run and hide before someone decides to kill her to get all those unfinished stories out to the public eek )

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ML!! Great to see you! thumbsup

But what's this??

I've got lots of partially completed L and C stories on my hard drive and lots of stories that are completed but that I'm not satisfied with.
Completed stories?! Unposted?!? wildguy wildguy wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wendy, I'm not worried. Your little pitchfork men will never find me. My street isn't even listed on any maps laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Maps? Who needs maps? goofy

Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Speaking of fics in progress and maps and such... Whatever happened with that world travel story?

Paul

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
P.S. Paul... any new news on putting House of Cards in the archives?
I didn't realise this one was finished. Yes, Paul, when are you putting it on the archives. <G>

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Speaking of fics in progress and maps and such... Whatever happened with that world travel story?
Now that you mention... shouldn't I be revising my part?

See ya,
AnnaBtG. (whose signature has a deep meaning)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lab, thanks for reminding me about this. I'd meant to reply earlier, but forgot.

I did start organizing archive preparations for HoC shortly after the last part was posted. Unfortunately, it's difficult when you have so many authors.

First, I needed to get permission from everyone to send it in. That part was easy. I also needed to get a consensus on how we were going to work with the GEs. We seem to have agreed on that, too.

A couple of authors asked for some time to make final edits. One sent me the revised story, but the other still hasn't gotten back to me.

There's also one author who has yet to get back to me with a public email address. Not sure how important that is.

In the meantime, an ISP software "upgrade" wiped out 8 months' worth of emails, including all the ones having to do with HoC. I lost the address I did have for the one without a public addy and also lost the edits I'd recieved. The edits were resent, so that part's okay.

Basically, I'm waiting on one author to finish edits, and possibly one to get back to me with a valid edress. I've been thinking I should send reminders or post in Fic Related (since, as I said, I lost the edress I had), but basically got distracted with other stuff.

So, that's what's happening. It's kind of in limbo, but I guess that's partly my fault. I'll email the one who is still editing to see what's new. If the rest of you want to check in, that certainly couldn't hurt.

Paul

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard