#233978 08/09/04 05:53 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I know, I know...it's like asking 'What's your favorite movie?', but we can try to narrow it down a little...right? goofy

I've set up a few categories...hopefully to cover a large enough range...and you'll have to excuse the fact that the options on the poll are going to be *my* favorites...but that's where the posting part comes in. wink Besides, I'm quite sure that some of mine and some of yours will overlap. laugh

I already know that there are far too many to mention, but I'm hoping this poll will bring about some new stories for some to read, especially those new to the boards or the fandom. smile

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#233979 08/09/04 06:02 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
This is a *very* limited poll that may hurt some feelings. I don't really have a favorite story -- there are just too many to chose from, same goes for favorite author, and I don't really have a favorite WIP because I am not reading anything right now, but I can see this being painful for the people whose stories aren't included and also possibly for the people who don't get many votes.

Sorry, I can't vote in this poll.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#233980 08/09/04 06:28 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I cannot vote here b/c I have not read all the stories. Also, some of my favs are not up there. THough, it has given me some fics I can read in the future. I am saving many of them in a binder so I can bring them up to a cabin I'm renting in the fall.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#233981 08/10/04 12:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
While I am, naturally, devastated to not have been mentioned in the poll choices wink ... I voted anyway, 'cause there are stories I like in there smile

I don't know if I can really narrow down an all-time favorite story -- there are lots that I re-read many many times. One that comes to mind, though, is Strange Relationships by Nan Smith -- it's the sequel to A Night at the Office, in which Lois discovers CK=S, but he doesn't realize that she knows. I seem to re-read that one a lot.

My favorite WIP would probably have to be Long Strange Trip.

My favorite author, of course, would be me laugh I only wish I'd write more...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#233982 08/10/04 01:38 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Well, I did vote, but, to be honest, I checked the 'other' option in all three questions too - but not just that one!

There are just too many fanfics I've loved - "Faux Pas" and "Kidnapped!", which you include, LabRat's "Masques", Becky Bain's "Ad Astra Per Aspera", Gerry Ancklewicz's "Blind Spots" and Irene Dutch's "In Cat's Corner" are some of the long ones. And I also find myself totally in love with some short fics - some are comedies, like Anna Belcher's "Lois and Clark: The episodic adventures of Superman", "Smurfed!" by Alicia U. and Rivka, Messenger's "Mixed Messages" and others. Other are WAFFy - Supermom's "I've Got This Friend" and Kathy Brown's "Into Each Life..." come to mind. The good thing about our fandom is that most, if not all, fics are at least decent.

My favourite WIPs are the three I've been reading: "Damaged", "Wedding Consequences" (although I'm a bit behind at that) and Mary Potts's "One Strange Year" (not listed).

My favourite author now... Well, to be honest, I mostly care about stories. I gave a vote to Yvonne, because... please, don't make me explain because I'll start thinking I was wrong not to vote for the others, too. Anyway, above there's a fairly wide list of authors whose stories I've enjoyed. Add also Cyad, Paul-Gabriel Wiener and Mary Potts and I think you have my most favourites.

I really hope that my reply doesn't offend anyone. After all, I'm a writer too laugh But, anyway, I think it's obvious that I couldn't possibly list all my favourites.

See ya,
AnnaBtG. (ashamed to admit she has read nothing by Sheila Harper or ML Thompson)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#233983 08/10/04 05:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, very, very difficult - and despite so many great choices included (such as stories by Yvonne, Tank, Nan, Chris Mulder and others), many not there. How could I even begin to pick favourite stories? I just know that I would end up leaving some favourites out.

Okay, I'll try.

• Love Beyond All Measure & Dimensions of Loving, by Chris Mulder
  • Tryst, by Pam Jernigan
  • Heaven's Prisoners, by Demi
  • Masques by LabRat
  • Addicted, by Yvonne Connell
  • Rage, by LynnM
  • Near Wild Heaven, by Kaethel
  • All Nan's S1 and S2 series
  • Couch Potatoes, by Phil Atcliffe
  • The Hand that Rocks, by Christy Landrum
  • A Love Well Worth the Wait, by Tracey
  • Purity, by Yvonne Connell
  • The Future series, by Tank Wilson
  • Yesterday, Upon the Stair, by Carol Malo
  • The Huntress's Revenge, by Jenni Debbage
  • The One that Got Away, by Kathy Brown
  • When The World Finds Out, by CC Aiken
  • Starwood in Aspen, by LynnM
  • The Playing series, by AnnieM
  • The Snow series, by AliciaU
  • In Cat's Corner, by Irene Dutch
  • The Firestorm series, by Irene Dutch
  • Caped Fear, by LabRat
  • The People v Clark Kent, by ML Thompson
  • The Fear of Discovery series, by Yvonne Connell (still waiting for FoD V!!)
  • In A Dark Time, by Becky Bain
  • The Marriage Pact, by Erin Klingler
  • What It Means to Love you, by Erin Klingler
  • In Dreams, by Kaylle
  • Are You Lonesome Tonight...? by LabRat
  • If Tomorrow Comes, by LabRat

And I know there are lots more, and I'll probably be back to add them too. Sara, I'm also loving your Wherever You Will Go, but want to see it finished before I add it to a list! wink

Wendy smile

List edited to add stories I forgot first time round...

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#233984 08/10/04 05:47 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi,

I didnĀ“t vote for Fanfic because I havenĀ“t read any of these ones you listed. YouĀ“d have to post a poll with 2500 stories so it would be fair enough.

The authorĀ“s stories thing, though I havenĀ“t seen mine there (i guess iĀ“d vote for my baby ESM... afterall itĀ“s mine.lol) I would vote for AriaĀ“s new piece, Wedding Consequences by Nan, A Gift for Life by SQD, Lost Child by kitty and Jen, and SarahĀ“s piece Wherever You Will Go.

This is a *very* limited poll that may hurt some feelings. (...) I can see this being painful for the people whose stories aren't included and also possibly for the people who don't get many votes.
I totally agree with Laura with this. This is quite hard to post because I donĀ“t see how people can truly not feel hurt not being mentioned. Well, I am.. (kind of) And if I were Lea, Aria and other newbies just like me... of course IĀ“d understand that there are other amazing writers much more talented to be nominated here, but still...not being at least mentioned wouldnĀ“t be fair enough.

I hope IĀ“ve made some point here. My limited English forces me not to say everything IĀ“d want to.

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#233985 08/10/04 06:24 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'd agree that it's a difficult one to participate in because favourites are so subjective and personal. Those not included in the mix are naturally bound to be disappointed and almost everyone is guaranteed to have their own choices not given as options.

So I'm not even going to try and start listing my own favourites. I'd be here all century. eek

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#233986 08/10/04 09:26 AM
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Uh oh! frown Please, please, please no one take offense to this poll! whinging tearjerker wink ). This is one of the reasons I ran this poll, I'm wondering what other good stories are out there that I'm missing???

Sara (who hopes there are no hard feelings)

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

#233987 08/10/04 09:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You hit a LOT of my favorites. *Super Stud* has a VERY special place in my heart thus ML was in my favorite author category.

Wendy and CC were also favorites and Tank is fast becoming a favorite as I read along *To Protect and Serve* Pt 1 which was initially a deal to get tapes and is now becoming a real reading pleasure.

Hell I like most everything I've read here, but I like the poll, I think it encourages writers who are hung up or in the wings to get out there more.

TEEEEEEJ

#233988 08/10/04 10:35 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
hehe. I have more to print off now. My reading binder *must* be BIGGER! It must! devil

#233989 08/10/04 11:10 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sara, I know you didn't mean to offend anyone. And actually I understood the reasoning behind your poll. List your favorites, see if anyone else has the same ones, and allow people to post their own. The stories you listed are all great of course, and I've read most. Many other great ones out there too.

I've been writing fanfic since before the show ended, and my stories have never made anyone's favorites list, as many times as people have responded to these kind of questions. laugh Oh well, I'm not offended! But then I'm used to it, hehe. So anyone who feels bad about not being mentioned, join the Whatever club, I'm the president, you get a button! dance

Soooo favorite fanfics... well, as far as ones I keep going back to re-read... mostly the older ones, like the ones you posted in your poll. I got into fanfic reading in 1996 and the fics I loved then are kind of like my "old favorites" now, you know... I know them, they're comforting, I love them.

I'm afraid I don't read as much fanfic now as I used to. This is why I crave recommendations, esp. ones that kind of say what the story is about and why they loved it. Pam's website has those, which rocks.

Instead of listing individual stories, I'll say I love comedies. Short, quirky little stories. I also love "what if" stories and episode rewrites, where you ask yourself, what might have happened differently if Lois/Clark had done *this* instead of *this*? And anything to do with time travel or time loops, that kind of thing. And Early Years/Next Gens... okay I could go on forever, but I won't. jump

Molly
#233990 08/10/04 12:47 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Sara,

It is OK. laugh IĀ“m sure your intentions were the best. I was making a comment. donĀ“t worry. I still think it was unfair to leave at least your story out of the list. IĀ“m here taking tons of medication to calm me down and wait patiently for the next part of your story.

So anyone who feels bad about not being mentioned, join the Whatever club, I'm the president, you get a button!
I want a Button !!!!!!!! dance

MDL. laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#233991 08/10/04 02:47 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I love everything that Wendy writes smile I think she should have been one of LnC's writers, wink the stories would have been much more interesting. blush Each night I read several chapeters of her stories.

#233992 08/10/04 03:43 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've been writing fanfic since before the show ended, and my stories have never made anyone's favorites list, as many times as people have responded to these kind of questions. Oh well, I'm not offended! But then I'm used to it, hehe. So anyone who feels bad about not being mentioned, join the Whatever club, I'm the president, you get a button!
Can I get a button too?

I don't have that many favorite:
1. Dutch, Irene's family serries (except the "brocelli dancing")
2. To the Stars I & II by Schnall, Carolyn B.
3. And my ultimate favorite is Psychic I,II, & III by Schnall, Carolyn B. (Only because I have some experience in this)
4. And my second favorite is "Cat's paw" by Tara Smith. Then again, I've always love anything that has to do with CATS! I can meow like a real cat too.

#233993 08/11/04 03:37 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It is OK. IĀ“m sure your intentions were the best
I don't really think there's a problem with the concept at all. To my mind, this is just much the same as someone starting a thread in Fanfic Related saying "What's your favourite fanfic/author? Here are mine.". We've had more than one such thread here and on other forums in the past. Threads on favourite comedy, favourite angst and so on. It seems to be a legitimate question - we all want to share our favourites with like-minded souls and know what others' favourites are. And along the way, perhaps we discover stories we've missed or never considered before.

I think for me it's the poll format that causes me the difficulty and makes it hard to participate. But that's just my pov and others don't seem to be having problems with it. thumbsup

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#233994 08/13/04 05:56 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whatever happened to the Gorn? whinging Her stories were the best: the humor, the lust, the total picture! And I just love echo - and her G&L is a classic in the making.

I love the WIP 'One Strange Year'.

#233995 08/13/04 07:38 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I read my first story by The Gorn a couple of days ago. I loved it. That's too bad that writer is no longer giving us some wicked fun.

#233996 08/13/04 07:42 PM
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Whatever happened to the Gorn?
I loved her stories too, but I wanted to keep it a PG poll. laugh

Sara (who wishes the Gorn was still around and had made pg versions of her stories...they were great)

#233997 08/14/04 10:17 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
OH, she only did naughties?

Hmmmm...I still cannot decide my favourtie story. It depends what mood I'm in. I like ones with more description than just talk. I need to feel like I'm there. I like introspection. I'll read ones that are choppy, but the ones with more last longer for me and I like to make a story last. I have a tendency to speed read. Not good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard