Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#233906 07/28/04 10:05 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Pencils down, everyone! smile

I hope you all had fun, and I also hope you enjoyed my stories. Now, I'm going to tell you who I am.

Some of you thought I was Paul or LabRat. Others guessed Wendy or Tank; someone even guessed Pam. To that, I say:
I was mistaken for the greats! Woo-Hoo! razz )

Guess Who wink
#233907 07/28/04 10:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So honestly, how'd so many of you guess it was me?

(And please don't say "you're style was obvious" because I don't know what that means huh )

~•~
#233908 07/28/04 10:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The delay on pt 10 of "One Strange Year" might have been a clue.

It was a good read, but I like your comedies more.

TEEEEEEJ

#233909 07/28/04 10:24 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
For the first question, I voted for 'nope', although the real answer is, 'you were high on my suspects list' - first or second.

For the second question, I voted for 'other': You are allowed to write anything you like. Besides, two of my favorite kinds of stories are 'comedy' and 'drama with some funny moments' - and they seem to be the ones you excel at, too wink

What made me think it could be you was the way you were sneaking the humour inside the stories, as well as the type of story you chose: the Kents dealing with their children. You've done this several times before.

And please don't say "you're style was obvious" because I don't know what that means
I, too, find it very difficult to guess someone's story from the style (if I'm getting the meaning correctly and you're talking about the way someone handles witht he language). What helped me in this case was mostly the content of these stories - although I admit I could never be more than 80% sure it was Mary.

See ya,
AnnaBtG. (huge QoTC fan)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#233910 07/28/04 10:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It wasn't that your style was obvious to me...it was just obvious to me that it wasn't any of the names on your poll, so I voted Other. And then when someone suggested you, I figured you were a likely suspect to have a fun activity like this. wink

As for sticking to comedies, I always say try everything! For some reason, I remember reading part two of your story, but not the other two parts LOL, so I can't tell you yet if it's one of my favorites by you.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#233911 07/28/04 11:45 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
(Except the Mods, because they cheated )
goofy If you use the same eddress for both your regular nick and your fake nick when you register...it's kind of difficult to miss figuring it out. wink

I'm hopeless about style too. And, yes, I agree with Jen - write whatever you want to write about. No rule says you have to stick with one theme. Have fun - that's the most important thing.

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#233912 07/28/04 01:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by TJgruffs: The Scarlett Letter:
The delay on pt 10 of "One Strange Year" might have been a clue.
Um, actually, heh heh heh, not really. I just kinda had writers block. blush
I'll get back to work on that, though.

Oh, that reminds me: JULIE!!!! Post part 3 of "Dude, Wheres My Cape?" or else!!!!

AnnaBtG. (huge QoTC fan)
Awww, shucks! blush

Thanks for the big ego-boost! laugh

P.S. I mean it, Julie! wildguy

~•~
#233913 07/29/04 03:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You are very talented...

That being said, I want more of Waking stories!

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#233914 07/29/04 06:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have to say that I had it figured out pretty soon and later installments (and a conversation with you on IRC) only made me more sure of my conclusions, Mary.

And please don't say "you're style was obvious" because I don't know what that means
I'm sorry, but in this case I have to say that your style did give it away for me. I've never been good with catching people's style. Until I studied journalism. I've learned now to reconize certain styles and to connect it with people. For example, if I read the city pages of my paper, and it says 'by one of our reporters', I can read it and tell the name of the reporter. So it helps I interned there and know what each journalist there usually writes about, but still, it's often the style that gives it away. And in your case, it was the style too.

With style I mean the tone of the written thing, the tenses, lenght of sentences, use of words, word order, lengt of paragraph, use of narrative, showing/telling, is there action, do the characters talk or think a lot, and so on. Your story had some humor in it that I accociate with you, it was light of tone, mostly short sentences and lots of talking going on.

I hope you understand now what I mean with style. Let it be clear that I'm no expert on it, and that I often think while rereading my own work 'did I write this? Can't be!' But I'm paying more attention to stuff like this.

There were also other things about your entire aproach of the idea of a secret identity that made me think of you. I think it was a spur of the moment idea you had. You were writing the story as you went (you do that too with One Strange Year - get your muse in gear for that, please <g>), so it didn't seem as well planned out at first.

But in the end, I have enjoyed the story and I think there's far more to it than you've just now given us. So I wouldn't mind if you continue this. And please, just write anything you feel like! You don't have to stick to one category. I hope you'll notice that the more you write and the more you develop.

I hope I've explained it well enough now.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard