Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#233634 06/16/04 12:21 PM
Elena Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Just a quick poll to see if I'm the only one who misses our favourite rodent's stories. wildguy

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush blush razz

LabRat smile (who might, nevertheless, really, really try to finish up with Shape Of My Heart all on her ownsome - dire hard work though it might be Museless - just since El was so evi...erm nice and lovely to ask and even notice... wink )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot "OH HELL YES!!!" as an option so I chose other. Lab racked me in with "Epiphany" and I haven't been able to go a week without reading it again and again. Granted I like all her work, but THAT ONE was the tops for me and so I can't help but wonder what other goodies MS Lab has got in her head. I know she lets her muse do a lot of fun stuff, so she must be getting something back in return.

You can tell by her feedbacks, so insightful and right on. There's got to be ton of stories still stuffed in there to pry out some way or another.

I'm Done

TEEEEEEEEJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, Lab is probably the one person most guilty of single-handedly sucking a lot of us into not only fanfic as a genre but into LnC fic specifically. For me it was "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" followed by "Burnout" followed by "Wet and Wild" followed by "Epiphany". Are you sensing a pattern here?

To her defense, since she has contributed so much to the fandom, her muse does deserve a bit of rest. However, I'm thinking that after a year-long sabbatical, it's time for us to start leaving nasty phone-mail messages <g>.

My answer to the question? "Duh" of course. wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Have you ever seen tapes of these Christian meetings, where like 2 million people show up, and one person on stage asks, "Do we need world peace?" The crowd goes wild, candles are lit, a couple of hundred even swear they just saw Jesus, and the event hits the newspapers and airs on TV.

In Folcdom, thousands of fans gather around, and one person on stage, this being Elena, asks, "Do we need more stories by LabRat?" The crowd goes wild, people are armed with a ficus and not afraid to use it, some even swear they saw snippets of stories pasted on IRC - we should end up in newspapers. We should end up on TV.

Two of the most-asked questions I can think of, both having the same obvious answer. <g> The reaction is exactly the same.

Pelican

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Top Banana
Top Banana
PEL!! goofy

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
HAH! I had a bark of laughter as soon as I saw this poll. OF COURSE our resident Rat needs to write more!! hyper

Jen
(And I find it odd that I'm nagging someone to write when I myself usually slack off at least a year at a time...)

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwwww - what is it, 'Be Nice to Local Rats Week'? You guys. Keep it up. laugh No, wait, I'm only a poor-as-a-church-mouse rat, I can't afford all these cheques... (Yours are in the mail)

Pel -
people are armed with a ficus and not afraid to use it
You crack me up. ROTFLMAO!! rotflol

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I swear, the thing you guys do best of all after fanfic is ego boos. wink

LabRat (who strenuously denies there was ever any irc fic...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Rat said:

the thing you guys do best of all after fanfic is ego boos.
What?! I strenuously deny ever booing your ego! goofy

Wendy (who BRed Shape of my Heart, and reminds Rat that she thought it was pretty darned near perfect as it was. wildguy wildguy )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
and reminds Rat that she thought it was pretty darned near perfect as it was
What, you mean, apart from the gaping holes in the middle and the fact that it's currently only 40 pages when I reckon it should probably be about 100? goofy

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well, I for one think that if Labby doesn't want to write anything then she shouldn't. Who are we to force our wills on a poor little laboratory creature.

Writing is a very time consuming and tedious experience and one must be more than a little bit off to be writing pages and pages of story that has no monetary compensation at the end. So, I say, if Labby isn't interested in writing, then more power to her. Retirement can be a good thing... really.

Tank (who also points out to other writers... do they really want more of Labby's stories out there to compare their own stories too?)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank!!!!! wildguy Don't give her ideas!!!

Of course Labby should write. Labby, you gotta take care of your fans - other celebrities offer merchandise, we just want the stories. <g>

[Linked Image]

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Tank!! She's a LabRat!! She's not supposed to have an opinion, she only has to do what we humans tell her to!!

And, as for this:
Tank (who also points out to other writers... do they really want more of Labby's stories out there to compare their own stories too?)
See it the other way around, Tank... Do you want to be constantly bombed with stories by me, and not have some LabRat fic to balance the amount of hopeless stories? (Believe me, you don't.)

So, the answer is one:
YES, SHE SHOULD! WRITE, LABRAT!!! WRITE!!!!!

AnnaBtG. (currently reading Masques, and being astonished)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
Remind me, again, who is this Lab-rat??

I've been on these boards not quite a year, and I don't recall ever seeing any of her fic...odd, that.

Well, yeah, if she's any good, let's hear from her!

CC (who lost two days of her life to Masques, but it was sooooo worth it)

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Kerth
Kerth
Do you have to ask? smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/me nods sagely reading Tank's post. That all sounds very logical...sensible...intellectually it makes a lot of sense. I like the poor lab creature bit too. Sounds suitably pathetic. There's just one problem with it. Tank, they threatened me with <drops tone to horrified whisper> the ficus! eek There are few terrors to compare with being threatened by the ficus. help goofy I like it. I might even try that one on the Muse. "Har! Stay on that beach, Muse. See if I care. Muses are two a penny round here. I could replace you like that any day of the week. No danger!" It could work!

/me pretends not to hear Jose say that one that begins with 'S'....

Hey...this is almost like writing responses to fdk posts. I'd forgotten how much fun that could be. Maybe I need to post another story, now that I've a taste for it again... wink

LabRat (thinking Tank is just scared the next poll will read "Should Tank Come Out Of Retirement..." and is getting his defence in early... laugh )

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Also...having just spotted that this will make my 2006th post...I present this as evidence that - apparently - I do actually write quite a lot. laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Do you want to be constantly bombed with stories by me
Absolutely! I'm a firm believer in doing as I say, not as I do – you're not allowed to retire. You're far too young. You have to write at least another oooooooooh 50k of story text before you'd even be allowed to consider it.
I'm getting the impression you chose to ignore what was AFTER what you quoted, Labby. wink

AnnaBtG. (purposefully posting replies, so that LabRat will miss replying fdk posts even more laugh )

P.S.: Just 50k?

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whoops. No. That was supposed to read 500 meg. <G>

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lab, you're stuck at 2,009 posts. confused

Your last three posts in this thread all read 2,009. I think you've stumped the system. Or it's refusing to give you any more credit unless it's actual story that you are posting. <BG>

Lynn (who notes that her very next post will be her 500th! Is there a special button for that? wink )

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard