Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#233556 06/03/04 03:53 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just wondering how much activity around here is seasonally-related... do we get distracted with other things, or do we have more time now that pesky school is taking a break, or...?

Just curious smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, as I chose 'other' I need to explain. wink

I'll have more time for L&C but it has nothing to do with the season. I'm expecting a new computer hyper and a new, fast, internet connection, hyper hyper so I'll be able to be on-line and visiting the boards not only during the work week and working hours but 24/7.

I expect my chores will suffer, but that *really* can't be helped. laugh

Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm afraid that I'll have less time for LnC fic over the summer. Mostly because with the kids home from school all day and with the nice weather, I end up outside a lot. Especially in the afternoons, which was when I always enjoyed getting on IRC to chat. Sadly, prime-time chat time is also prime-time going to the park time.

Also, with the kids home, I'm pulled away a lot more and have less long blocks of time to write and read. Plus, they like to play on the computer, so I have to share <g>.

I'm hoping I'm wrong. If not, please know that I haven't disappeared forever - I'll be keeping up as much as I can and will be back in full when school resumes in September <g>.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I have less time. Far less time. When school was in session, I could lie to my advisor and tell him I was doing homework at home, or that I had classes or meetings with students ALL DAY so I didn't have to come in to do work.

Now he would know I was lying because I don't exactly have the luxury of teaching or classes to facilitate my slacking off. However, I do have pretty bad allergies in the spring, and I am able to tell him that I am having an allergy attack, and not be completely lying and not go to work -- like this morning.

However, all of the time I would be slacking would add up to Lois and Clark time. Now that I am unable to slack, I am unable to do much of anything L&C related. Writing. Nope. Reading. Nope. IRC . . . not really -- I might sign on to irc when I am at work, but chances are I am not always paying attention.

It's a far cry from last summer when I wrote like 15 fics. LOL smile .

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
More or less the same, although I suppose during the Prom season (mid-July to mid-September) my rehearsal/concert rate steps up from the regular two a week to anything up to six nights a week, so I guess on balance I will have less time.

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I picked other. One would think I'd have more time for L&C since it's summer, and I just lost both my jobs in the space of a month by employers set out to screw me over. But anyway, I suppose I work best under pressure, so with all this annoying free time, I don't feel like writing (do I ever? goofy ), but I have plenty of time to read now!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I had to vote 'other'. smile1 Our break is 5 weeks in December/January.

Tricia cool

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I voted for 'more'!!

School's over!! (Today begins my vacation dance ) No studying is due until early September, so I'll dedicate myself to the things I most like, such as writing and writing fic.

AnnaBtG. (who started by saving Faux Pas in her hard drive to read when she won't be on line)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard