Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam In the Good Old Summertime - 06/03/04 07:53 AM
Just wondering how much activity around here is seasonally-related... do we get distracted with other things, or do we have more time now that pesky school is taking a break, or...?

Just curious smile

PJ
Posted By: avia Re: In the Good Old Summertime - 06/03/04 08:00 AM
Well, as I chose 'other' I need to explain. wink

I'll have more time for L&C but it has nothing to do with the season. I'm expecting a new computer hyper and a new, fast, internet connection, hyper hyper so I'll be able to be on-line and visiting the boards not only during the work week and working hours but 24/7.

I expect my chores will suffer, but that *really* can't be helped. laugh

Avia
Posted By: lynnm Re: In the Good Old Summertime - 06/03/04 08:08 AM
I'm afraid that I'll have less time for LnC fic over the summer. Mostly because with the kids home from school all day and with the nice weather, I end up outside a lot. Especially in the afternoons, which was when I always enjoyed getting on IRC to chat. Sadly, prime-time chat time is also prime-time going to the park time.

Also, with the kids home, I'm pulled away a lot more and have less long blocks of time to write and read. Plus, they like to play on the computer, so I have to share <g>.

I'm hoping I'm wrong. If not, please know that I haven't disappeared forever - I'll be keeping up as much as I can and will be back in full when school resumes in September <g>.

Lynn
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: In the Good Old Summertime - 06/03/04 08:18 AM
I have less time. Far less time. When school was in session, I could lie to my advisor and tell him I was doing homework at home, or that I had classes or meetings with students ALL DAY so I didn't have to come in to do work.

Now he would know I was lying because I don't exactly have the luxury of teaching or classes to facilitate my slacking off. However, I do have pretty bad allergies in the spring, and I am able to tell him that I am having an allergy attack, and not be completely lying and not go to work -- like this morning.

However, all of the time I would be slacking would add up to Lois and Clark time. Now that I am unable to slack, I am unable to do much of anything L&C related. Writing. Nope. Reading. Nope. IRC . . . not really -- I might sign on to irc when I am at work, but chances are I am not always paying attention.

It's a far cry from last summer when I wrote like 15 fics. LOL smile .

- Laura smile
Posted By: YConnell Re: In the Good Old Summertime - 06/03/04 09:31 AM
More or less the same, although I suppose during the Prom season (mid-July to mid-September) my rehearsal/concert rate steps up from the regular two a week to anything up to six nights a week, so I guess on balance I will have less time.

Yvonne
Posted By: Shadow Re: In the Good Old Summertime - 06/03/04 10:47 AM
I picked other. One would think I'd have more time for L&C since it's summer, and I just lost both my jobs in the space of a month by employers set out to screw me over. But anyway, I suppose I work best under pressure, so with all this annoying free time, I don't feel like writing (do I ever? goofy ), but I have plenty of time to read now!

JD
Posted By: TriciaW Re: In the Good Old Summertime - 06/03/04 02:44 PM
I had to vote 'other'. smile1 Our break is 5 weeks in December/January.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: In the Good Old Summertime - 06/04/04 12:26 PM
I voted for 'more'!!

School's over!! (Today begins my vacation dance ) No studying is due until early September, so I'll dedicate myself to the things I most like, such as writing and writing fic.

AnnaBtG. (who started by saving Faux Pas in her hard drive to read when she won't be on line)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards