Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#233540 05/19/04 07:25 PM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
The MBs has topics such as Fanfic, Fanfic Challenges, and Original Fiction.

Don't you think, what with all the threads for new trailers, trailer questions, and trailer ideas, that it's high time for a topic called Fanfic Trailers?

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You needed an 'other' option, Mary. <g> At the moment I couldn't say yes or no. I think it's a neat idea. But otoh, not sure whether there's enough traffic at the moment on trailers and trailer related topics to merit their own forum.

OT...third hand...I guess you could have a forum split into:

Trailers
Trailers Related (requests, song suggestions etc)
Tech Queries (moving those from the How To and grouping them together)

But would that be redundant when there's a perfectly good Tech forum for them?

Interesting though. I'm sure it's something for the Admins to discuss and we'll keep a good eye on the poll results to see if there's enough interest in the idea. thumbsup

LabRat smile (sending this for debate to the Admins now and getting quite keen on the notion <g> )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I couldn't vote either - not that I wouldn't want own sections for trailers, but because their future may be somewhat... uncertain. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not planning on quitting wink , but even if trailers seem to be popular now, we don't know if that interest will be the same a year from now. The first one came out December 1st last year, so the concept isn't that old yet.

And for now there are only me, Lynn and Trenna who have mnade trailers - and I know that one or two more are jumping on the bandwagon, too, sooner or later - so, bottom line, we aren't that many yet. Not that it's a bad thing; people may love movies, but not all want to be directors. wink As for me, though, I love editing and the simple idea of creating something you can show the rest of the world. So it also depends on the "traffic"..

And you know, Mary, as for the little "thing" you and I know about <g>, it will fit in another certain folder for now wink

I think it's an interesting idea, but I'd hate for the moderators to delete the sections if it turns out that people just aren't that interested in trailers, say, a year from now. Who knows smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, what do we think about combining fanfic trailers with music videos? They've got a lot of commonalities, and the music videos have a much longer track record. How about "Fan Video" to go along with "Fan Fiction"? Though I'm not sure where I'd want to put it in our current organization... could go between How To's and Polls, I suppose...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with Pam - any new folder (if the end result is such) could probably be best defined as "Fan Video" and include all video forms of Lois and Clark...stuff <g>. Trailers, videos, Kerth-related video (such as BNA and BO trailers) etc.

As for whether or not to open a folder at all, I said "yes" as I know that I would appreciate having a one-stop-shopping place to check for all things video related. However, that being said, I also realize that I have no knowledge of how much work and bandwidth such an endeavor would entail, and if it was a lot on either end, I certainly wouldn't want anyone to go through the hassle.

I somewhat agree with Pel in that we don't know how long trailers will be a "thing", however, videos are certainly here to stay. And I'm guessing that as more people jump on board the video-making bandwagon (including trailers) that the thread would probably be moderately busy, with ebbs and flows just like the nfic and polls folders. One nice thing - those who hate and wish to avoid all things video would know exactly which thread to just ignore. wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I like Lynn and Pam's idea of a "video" section for trailers and music videos. It would be easier to find them all in one place without having to sift through all of the other "Fanfic Related" posts.
Great idea!
--Wanda

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, yes. I tend to lump Trailers and Music Videos together in my head and when I mention Trailers I generally mean both. Very bad habit, which often confuses the issue completely. <g>

So I was kind of thinking along the lines Pam, Lynn and Wanda have mentioned when I posted earlier - a forum for all those talented artists who produce all those pretty pictures linked to great music. (Which would be a very long title, so Pam's is probably better goofy )

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I agree with Pam and the others: Imho, what we need is a "Fan Video" section.

AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That would be great. I'd especially love the Trailers to be in one place because I don't always read all of the Fanfic related topics and miss them at first thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh, "FoLC Productions" -- that sounds way cooler than a generic "fan video" for a section title... there'd be a description attached, so people shouldn't get too confused... I like it!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Right: as of five minutes ago, there is a new forum on the boards, called FoLC Productions (thanks for the suggestion, Trenna! smile1

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Looks great--wonderful idea, everyone!! laugh
Nice work, Mods!
--Wanda

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just popping in to say a huge thumbsup to Kae, for all her hard work on those music videos/trailers TOCs.

clap

Well done!

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
*joins in clap *

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice job on this new forum..a place for video to call it's very own!

Great!! thumbsup clap

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww. Thanks Rat. smile But it was nothing - had fun compiling that. smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard