Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, he did the right thing. It was smart to just let Clark and Lois have their privacy. Clark didn't need to know how much he guessed. He seems to be on the road to recovery and his little girls will help him stay on that road too. Very good story. Different and interesting and very touching. Nice job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely ending. Jake has come a long way towards healing and his girls will benefit from that.

You made Jack out of nothing and made me care about him, worry about him and ultimately be happy for him. I really enjoyed this.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clap clap Well done. clap clap

TEEEEJ/ still in awe

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Very well done for a first segment in a very long and complete epic that will detail the growth and movement of this intensely formed friendship.

In other words. More. Your style of writing really pulls me in . I love the angst, the details that make it real for me. Superlative.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Congratulations! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I didn't post FDK along this story, but I read since the beginning. smile I confess that at first I took no much interest in the story, but like it progressed, I became more and more hooked to it. smile1

Awesome story! hyper

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/me wipes away a tear

That was such a great story. party

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Diane

Congratulations on an excellent story. smile1

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
thumbsup

This was a great story! I've liked how, even though Jake is the obvious good samaritan in the title, there has been an underlying theme that Clark is actually Jake's good samaritan, too.

Here's Jake, who finds the incapacitated superhero and, not knowing what to do, brings him home. And then watches as the person behind the superhero facade is revealed to him. And then here's Clark, who even though he has no superpowers at the moment, is able to help Jake back to the land of the living. I've always liked that part of Clark, the fact that he doesn't have to be doing something super to help someone out. And I don't mean carrying someone's packages, although he does that, too. I mean "saving" someone in a less tangible way. Like with Jake.

I added, "Feel free to stop in next time you're landing wayward planes in the area."
notworthy

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well. Aside from my extreme disappointment that the story is over... goofy

What a wonderful, satisfying ending, including Jake's little glimpse into the frustration of Superman's world and the... er... more human aspects of Clark's. wink Talk about catharsis. It's wonderful to know Jake ends up at peace with himself and with his children. I enjoyed your final paragraphs; they weren't an ending as much as a direction, pointing us towards a happier future for Jake's family.

This one was really special, Diane. Thanks for sharing.

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Merriwether
Merriwether
Earlier in this fic I couldn't stop crying. Now I can't stop grinning. laugh

Really well done. smile thumbsup notworthy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow. I just read the whole story, and I'm blown away. I love the insight into Jake's thoughts, and how, by saving Superman, Superman saved him. Along with the revelation. I was blushing along with Jake during the next-to-last phone call he made.

Absolutely wonderful. clap

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I just wanted to say thank you all so very much for sticking with the story to the end and posting such wonderful feedback. I've taken a lot of your suggestions in mind, and as I work on tweaking the story before I submit it, I'm considering what all you've mentioned smile

On a specific note for this part:

The only thing you might consider changing is the OxyContin.
Noted! I knew oxycodone was used, and knew OxyContin contained oxycodone, so I figured hey that worked, but didn't take into consideration that some stuff might be more potent than others. I followed up with some more specific research and discovered you're absolutely right. I guess I futzed that a bit smile

I had a blast writing this, especially figuring out how to make an original character interesting, especially in this fandom where Lois and Clark is such a key fixture in each and every story.

I really loved finding ways to include both L&C (thanks again, Yvonne, for the phone idea!). A big thank you once again to all my alpha and beta readers smile And thanks to everyone for giving something slightly different a chance smile

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard