Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Har! First year ever I get to vote on the first option. dance

FOR SALE

One pin. Slightly used. Offers.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
/me sneaks in, hands Rat some fic to keep her occupied and takes the pin for good use.

I obviously haven't learnt from last year. As I'm typing this, I'm also reading like crazy. A lot of rereading even.

I like so many stories, I can't even make many decisions yet. How in the world am I going to chose between five good stories? It's just so hard. I'll get there at some point. Five minutes before the deadline or something like that. Rat's pin will most certainly be in good hands then. laugh

Saskia (back to more reading)

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooooooooh - fic! dance

Hey...what? Huh? Why you...! Come back here, you little sneak! wildguy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I'm not ready to vote yet, but I do have about half the categories decided. It's just the remaining ones that are gonna take closer consideration... And what if I vote today, and then next Wednesday, I remember/decide that I really liked one of the other stories better? I'm just not sure I can make that kind of committment wink But I will vote. It'll probably be the just before the very last second, but I will vote smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, I just voted. My problem was that, although I'd read all the nominated stories during last year and had even nominated many of them myself, too many of my favourites ended up competing against each other!! cat

Like Pam, if I waited to vote I'd end up debating with myself all week and changing my mind multiple times - so in the end, most years, I grit my teeth, force myself to make decisions and compromises (such as, I really want to vote for Story X and Story Y because they're both excellent and I loved them, but they're up against each other in their categories and they both fit incredibly well in their categories, so I'll vote for X here and Y there... oh, and Z better get a vote somewhere else... oh dear... eek ). Happens every year. And if I waited, that little document I have with the stories I think I'll vote for in each category highlighted would get edited and edited and edited to death!

So it's done, and I can't change my mind any more. Phew!! :p

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
What Pam said. laugh

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I chose option #3. I have a few ideas about what to vote for, but for the most part, I haven't read enough, including two of the Best Overall! Most of those are really long stories, too. I may not be ready until the last minute to vote.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well, i just voted! yay me! that was easy. okay, i had to give it some good thought, but it wasn't that bad...

what? oh, you were asking about voting in the kerths? i'm sorry. i was talking about this poll here...

right.

kerths. well, i've got a few categories set, but i've got a lot more reading to do. haven't been doing it, either, because this new sleep aid i'm trying has me tired and off-kilter. i'm hoping it's just an adjustment period, but who knows?

so, i'm going to wait until the last minute. the categories i've decided, i'll vote. at this point, i'll be happy to nail down half of them, but half is better than none.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I've just voted. smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry, Wendy, but I couldn't pick any of your options. I reckon I'm ready to vote, but I haven't voted yet. Probably won't for, oh, a few days. Why? For absolutely no reason on this earth other than sloth and procrastination - after all, why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? <g>

I don't really agonise that much about my choices when I vote. Hope it's not heresy to admit that. smile I care, of course, and I do the very best I can - but only within the limits I think are appropriate to something I consider a great hobby. Maybe it's self-preservation - just as I refuse to get despondent if I don't win anything (and I've had quite a lot of practice at that laugh ), I refuse to get too tied up in knots over my voting choices.

Yvonne smile

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I voted as soon as I saw Erin's post on the boards. Like Yvonne, I don't really stress out about which story I vote for. I finished reading a while ago, and when I looked at the ballot, I chose whichever story sort of called out to me to vote for it. I figure that was probably the story that stuck out to me the most as the one I liked the best.

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I voted for #3.

Actually, the problem is that I won't be able to vote in more of 4 or 5 categories, because I think I have to read all stories nominated in each category first - which is practically impossible for me at this moment.

But, oh, well... it's better than nothing...

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Definitely better than nothing, Anna smile

You guys have convinced me to go ahead and vote... I'm nervous about that but I've already hit submit, so there we are... <g>

We need a rolling poll, to catch people when they change answers...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm in one of the frown categories. frown frown frown

What can I say? I've been away. I've been lax in my reading over the last year. Well, two years, actually, but who is counting?

I will try to vote, but the way things are looking, I'll be voting in only a few categories. I don't stand a hope of getting enough reading down to vote in them all!

Chris <who has just had the epiphany that life was much simpler in a world without computers and the pressures they bring! wink It wouldn't be as much fun, though.>

Top Banana
Top Banana
And amazingly enough, I've just managed to vote, too! It's probably the first time ever that I do that before the last minute. Erin is going to fall over when she sees my ballot arrive more than three minutes before deadline. goofy

Kaethel cool

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I did it!! Yay..my first time voting!

I have to say that I surprised myself when I realized that I'd read so many of the nominated stories. I'm glad I took the time to catch up with the ones I hadn't read..WOW..some really great stuff smile1

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
WooHoo! Just voted. And nearly a whole 24 hours earlier than I expected to. Some last minute cramming in the categories I was deficient in and there you go. Felt just like college exams week all over again.

Do I get a button or something? A sticker maybe?

Ok, now I can relax. I've done my civic duty and rocked the vote <g>.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Do I get a button or something? A sticker maybe?
/me hereby awards Lynn the Order of the Golden Pin for valorous conduct in the face of extreme pressure of time.

/me steps back and salutes.

<snuffle> It's so moving...

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
/me whispers to Lab "Is there an aid fund somewhere? Where I can apply for relief in buying a new monitor. That pin really did a job of it..."

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! I voted, too, for the very first time ever. Only three days later than I had planned to. I think I wore out my pin. Unfortunately, my laptop has an LCD monitor. Won't ever be the same again. Next time, I'll do it on a CRT. Those last better.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Blogger
Blogger
I am proud to say that I voted in the Kerths for the first time this year... and it only took me about 4 days of staying up until 3 in the morning to do so! Yay! goofy Of course, even with that, when it came to the last minute decisions, I had to sit down and talk to myself for a good 2 hours to try and figure out which stories I would vote for in which categories. I swear, all you people just write waaaaaay too good of stories!!!! laugh
~Lauren

Clark: Lois, you're kinda babbling.
Lois: I know. See, I never babble.
Clark: Are you kidding? You're a brook.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, time to eat humble pie. laugh I said I don't agonise about my voting choices, didn't I? Well, I have to admit it took me over two hours last night to decide how to vote. It was agony! How are we supposed to choose between so many wonderful stories? Next year, I'm renting Rat's pin...

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
woo-hoo! i did it! with nearly 2 full hours to go! and i managed to vote in 11 out of the 20 categories, which is more than the half i was expecting. not as good as last year, but better than i was expecting, considering how much fic i missed this year.

hey, i wonder if my vote will be the last this year. that'd be kinda cool, in a turtle race sort of way. wink

anyway, just posting because i'm proud that i voted. feels good. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard