A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Just gathering opinions...

Thanks for your time.
AnnaBtG. (melancholic)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Blogger
Blogger
I think it's hard to determine how life is best lived. Certain people feel that they are doing the right thing by planning their life out and working towards a goal. Other people feel better just living in the moment. It really seems quite impossible to decide which side is right and which side is wrong. What I believe to be most important is that, whatever way a person chooses to live, he or she is truly happy. Living life to the fullest is so important, especially because it is easy to get caught up in trivial things and then miss out on what really matters.

I just realized that I'm not sure whether or not it is okay for me to be posting this, but I think I'm going to anyway. Hope that's all right. laugh
~Lauren

Clark: Lois, you're kinda babbling.
Lois: I know. See, I never babble.
Clark: Are you kidding? You're a brook.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jump right in anytime, Lauren! smile

I voted for being prudent -- what you think is going to make you happy for a while may screw up the rest of your life, and that's a lot of years to trade. Or in my case, you can get spend-happy and then be stuck with the bills for decades. It can be really hard to see that when you're younger, though. And then there is such a thing as being *too* prudent. So... it's a balance, I guess. But it's probably always a good idea to think about what the consequences of a decision might be, so you can decide if it's worth it.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
I also voted "be prudent".

It would be interesting to see if there is a difference in the way people vote depending on age. Will the young choose "live for the moment"? Will we older folcs, now paying for past mistakes (or, hopefully, reaping the benefits of wise decisions) advise them to "plan for the future"? Hmmm.

it is easy to get caught up in trivial things and then miss out on what really matters
How true, Lauren.

Intersting question, Anna. It makes you think.

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I recently faced some event that made me reconsider a few things.

I went for 'other'. I guess I'll go for a mix of "Do what you want, but keep your own future in mind. After all, you're the one building it, and the best qualified to do it".

Carole (keeping it smile1 )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
couldn't answer your poll, Anna, becuase i have no idea! <g>

but I couldn't resist tossing back to you "all things in moderation" from Greek history / philosophy. <g>

doesn't apply to chocolate of course.

C.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I voted for 'other'.

Up until a year or so ago, I would have put myself in the 'prudent' category. Of three siblings, I am the only one who started paying into a pension scheme while I was still in my twenties, which I think says quite a lot about me.

However... Ten years ago, I knew what I wanted to do, and I planned accordingly. I did everything 'right'. I studied. I worked. And in a few weeks time, I am going to be unemployed. I'm still trying to work out quite how that happened!

End result? Right now, I am sorely tempted to go down the live-for-the-moment route, at least until I know where I want to go next. Or until fate decides to lend me a helping hand.

Being prudent is all very well, until it stops working for you! wink

Chris

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I voted "other".

For me it is that life would be better when your living in it with God. If you live your life listening to him instead of being distracted, your life would be better.

Well saying it is easier then doing it.

Anyhow, what would the relationship of Lois and clark be if Lois (synonims=Humankind) were like humans acting like man towards God. Just worshipping God but not to get to know him intimately. God desires to love us like the way Clark loves Lois. Some may get caught up in keeping the 10 commandments and don't care for what God really want out of us. What if Lois did that to Clark. If you live your life knowing his riches, he will fulfuill you and take care of you. Like the way Clark takes care of Lois when she gets into the fixes.

Anyhow I've rambled on too much. See ya. It's 10:41 PM here in Chicago.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Kitty,

What an excellent analogy, and a beautiful way of describing God's love for us and His desire to be loved by us. Reading your post was the perfect way to start my day. Thanks!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
I chose "other", because I think it depends on many things.

Take studies and jobs, for example. I've taken cautiousness to an extreme in my life; I have chosen a route that wasn't exactly what I wanted to do, because it was safer and guarantied a paid job for me. Result? I'm not even completely done with my current studies that I'm already planning to get back on track of what I really want to do, even if for the sake of my dream I'm going to have to make financial sacrifices. But after six years of dreaming and regretting every new year of study taking me away from my personal wish, I think that sometimes, taking a measured risk can pay off much more than following the safest route.

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Kitty,

What an excellent analogy, and a beautiful way of describing God's love for us and His desire to be loved by us. Reading your post was the perfect way to start my day. Thanks!

- Vicki
Aw, shucks. Twas nothing. blush It's just what I believe us christians should do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that sometimes, taking a measured risk can pay off much more than following the safest route.
I totally second that, Kae.

I mean, depends on the situation but, putting myself at (measured?) 'risk' and following my instinct, is the only way I found to bounce back and hit it. I guess it's a "knowing your own limits by putting it to a test" stuff.

To link it to studies and job, my academic background had only one goal: allow me to do my dream job...which it did laugh .

Still, I think the answer here mostly depends on your character and on how you want to live your life.

Carole smile1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just want to add a little more to what I said earlier.
For me it is that life would be better when your living in it with God. If you live your life listening to him instead of being distracted, your life would be better.

Well saying it is easier then doing it.

Anyhow, what would the relationship of Lois and clark be if Lois (synonims=Humankind) were like humans acting like man towards God. Just worshipping God but not to get to know him intimately. God desires to love us like the way Clark loves Lois. Some may get caught up in keeping the 10 commandments and don't care for what God really want out of us. What if Lois did that to Clark. If you live your life knowing his riches, he will fulfuill you and take care of you. Like the way Clark takes care of Lois when she gets into the fixes.
evil has always tried to take us away form God through daily routine or the devil using others subtally to distract us. If in fact if you do become a true Christian beliver, life will get harder for you because the satin wants you back in his world like the case with my friend who just started going out with us. Her land lord refused to renew her lease. Things like these are like the fixes that Lois gets into, but Clark was always there to bail Lois out. In Christian life, we seek God to Bail us out.

God's Love is eternal. I was told that the hindu believe that if you do wrong God will hurt/kill you. But God loves us so much that we could not even comprehend how much it is. There was once a christian that knews of God's love.

I think many times I would be a total grouch until I start to take to time to get close to HIM that I become less of a grouch to be with.

"But Love yoru emenies, and do good and lend, expeting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He is kind to the unthankful and evil." Luke 6:35

God is love and there is no if's attached to it.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I tried to vote and it told me I already have. And I am pretty sure I haven't. Techie people to the rescue?

Julie (hoping no one hacked her account or something)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Julie, the poll was posted in early January this year. I think you already voted, but just not remember since it's been quite a while. Otherwise I wouldn't know how it's possible.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
/me makes a point to look at dates of posts.

Sorry, I probably did vote on it if it's that old. Thanks, Sas.

Julie blush

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard