Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#232767 12/12/03 05:21 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I just came back from a "church" meeting of mostly oriental woman. So this is a question for non oriental people. I just want to know what you think of oriental ageing process. No fist fights or spikes here allowed.

Top Banana
Top Banana
What comes to mind is a time when me and my best friend were hit on in the mall by two Asian guys who claimed to be 23, while they looked about 18 maximum. So I chose 'younger' or 'real age,' because I still don't know if I believe them.

Also I know a ton of Asian people from school, and while they usually look according to their age, they could easily pass for younger. Girls especially.

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, gosh, Kitty, I don't know how to answer that... for one thing, I'm terrible at estimating ages in anyone goofy And then there's such a range of "asian" looks that it's a little hard to generalize.

Years ago, I worked as a temporary receptionist at a car dealership -- I was chatting with one of the salesmen when a phone call came in, and I paged the name they gave me... turned out it was the name of the guy I was talking to, which was pretty embarrassing blush I told him that those white guys all looked the same to me wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Well, I met a caucasion man in McDonalds once. He couldn't tell one Chinese woman from the next because he showed me a licence of another chubby chinese woman who absolutely does not look like me. He thought the licence belonged to me. smile

I bet he wont be able to tell the diffrence between Korean, Chinese, and Japanese, either.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I'm not good at calculating age, but I do think they look younger. Actually, in general, people of other races usually look younger to me.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
I bet he wont be able to tell the diffrence between Korean, Chinese, and Japanese, either.
Oh, very often I can't tell either. blush
I don't know what's wrong with me.

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?

(The X-Files)
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Koreans usually have wide jawlines with smooth quareish jaw and a deep tan like a very light skin type of black person. And chubby cheeks. Actually to me they all looked pretty plump even the fit ones. Look closely at some of the pictures MyMy posted in "Sexiest man besides..." there are two good examples of Korean men.

Japanese people usually have pointed downward eyes. The opposite of an almond shape eye and overyly skinny cheeks. Opposite facial feature to that of Koreans. Japanese ually are fairest of the oriental species. Skin color usually are pinkish to that of a lightly tanned caucasion or better words is lightly tanned.

Chinese people however, I cannot explain it. I just know it. The only thing I might be able to say is the american calls it the "Chiny eyes".

But of course there are some people that are exceptions to the rules; Like my sister Rebecca who looks Japanese and as for me, I've been mistaken for a Korean. This rules however is not 100% acurate.

Does this make sense Julie Stars (Kerth
Member # 529)?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, actually, many Korean people I know have pretty light skin. But generally, that does make some sense. Thanks smile

Julie

(The X-Files)
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Your Welcome.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I had a long discussion with a college friend about this a few years back, when I discovered that he was almost ten years older than I, and not about my age, as I had assumed.

Generally, age lines and facial skin changes on Asian faces occur in slightly different places and/or to a lesser degree than on Caucasian faces. Therefore, the visual cues that Caucasians have been socialized to look for (subconsciously) to determine age are misleading on an Asian face.

At least, that's the theory he and I came up with. goofy

But since I am equally terrible at guessing people's ages of all ethnicities . . . huh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard