Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#232696 12/07/03 02:23 PM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This may fall into the realm of "it's none of your business," but I just find it amazing the range of ages this fandom draws. So, I started wondering about the general makeup of this group. If you don't mind sharing, what age range do you fall into? Just curious to know if I'm an old fogey, like I suspect, or not.

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Lol! Well, I wouldn't classify myself as hip, but that was my only choice <g>

Kaylle laugh

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Pam posted a similar poll shortly after we opened the new mbs. You can find the results here . It will be interesting to see if the results are different. smile

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooh, at 22... (Almost 23--I will be on Jan 6!!) I'm a Hip Adult! NICE! lol.
-Wanda "oh so very hip" Detroit

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I see I'm the minority, lol, I'm 15 - and yes, I started watching L&C when I was 7 or so. smile My long lasting obsession.

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh! I'm hip! I'll point my friends towards this poll everytime I start busting out my Carole King CD.

JD
I feel the earth move under my feet... goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I belong to the 'young chickadees' too. But, unlike Julie, I started watching L&C when I was 13.
(If I only knew what I was missing...)

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hmmmm. Only two of us "old farts"... uhm... Young at Hearts. laugh

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hrm. I'm more "responsible" than "hip" even though I'm mid-20's... but I go with what's given. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
There're more of us Marilyn.

Young at Heart? Old of body. Feeble of mind.

Tank (who says that it might be true that the memory is the first thing to go, but the body begins to break down pretty quickly too)

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Hip? Me? LOL this might be the only time I am ever called hip! Nerdy, yes. I just turned 23, but people can't believe it when they meet me -- I am not sure if they think I am seriously mature and older or really childish and yonger wink . Probably depends on who you talk to.

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Responsible? Who, me? Never!!

Okay, I will be 37 tomorrow, but as my hubby likes to point out...I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up!!

goofy :rolleyes: laugh

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree with Annie, it will be very interesting to see if the demographics have changed much with all the new members now smile1

Interesting to be considered "pre-mid-life-crisis", you obviously have not met some of my friends how didn't understand the "pre" part wink

I have been a Superman/Lois Lane fan since about 7 years old too Julie, just look at how many years you have to look forward to feeding the obsession laugh

S (who is glad to see that others her age and older have either joined us, or at last admitting thier age now goofy )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've voted for "Responsibility Strikes - 30 to 39 years" but I don't know about the "Responsibility Strikes" part since I'm number 5 of 5 daughters.
laugh

C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
I turned 20 esactly one month ago, but I wouldn't say I'm a Hip Adult I'm more a bookworm!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well, I’m 22 and whilst I would like to think of myself as a hip adult, responsibility has also struck…just brought a house and therefore a mortgage (moving in tomorrow! dance ) and I’m getting married in 18months time smile . So a nice combination of both laugh

Sarah-Jayne smile

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I'm still under 30, but I wouldn't exactly consider myself hip, either.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Merriwether
Merriwether
Okay, I can't help it. Every time I see this thread, this pops into my head. I don't know why. But to excise the thought, I must post.

Now we are six

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well it is my 46th birthday today. But I don't feel old yet<g>. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hip adult????? Hip adult???????? Scary word, Lynn -- still really a teenager <g>. Have the braces and all wink

Seriously, I just barely qualify -- I'll be twenty next May smile Have been watching L&C for about three years now... I first got hooked on the re-runs on TnG4, an Irish channel wink

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard