Print Thread
#232577 10/30/03 10:39 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I know this poll is silly, help

wave Julie wave

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#232578 10/30/03 11:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The only one who can decide whether a sequel would be a good idea is you. Do you have something in particular you want to do in another story? If you're just writing something because other people told you to, it's not likely to be your best work.

Same thing with the length -- it'll be as long as the story requires. And probably longer than you expect <g> or does that only happen to me?

Bottom line... if the calls for a sequel get some ideas ticking over in your mind, and you think "you know, I really would like to see how this one thing comes out...", and you can come up with a semi-coherent plot (or as much as you'd normally do in a story, anyway help -- don't write it

PJ smile cool
who never used to write sequels but has found herself with a series that just will not quit -- I've got plot ideas for the next five letters of the alphabet... dizzy

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#232579 10/30/03 11:27 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What Pam said goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#232580 11/02/03 03:00 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Ditto Labby and Pam!!! hyper

I wrote the follow up of Misty Revelation because people asked and I wanted to do it... But, for example since I was writing the last "The Parent Trap" I had some points to a sequel... but for the moment the idea would remain as an idea... frown Too many ties loose in the plot :rolleyes:

who never used to write sequels but has found herself with a series that just will not quit -- I've got plot ideas for the next five letters of the alphabet...
Yay!!! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#232581 11/05/03 10:53 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
But the parent Trap was a Lois and Clark adaptation of the movie, (SPOILER--->) and when they get together again and have another baby, even that's going beyond. It's an excellent story and I'd love to read a sequal, but that's different. (Don't be discouraged though, I'd love to read a sequal, like I said.)

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#232582 11/06/03 02:22 AM
Kerth
Kerth
It's an excellent story and I'd love to read a sequal, but that's different. (Don't be discouraged though, I'd love to read a sequal, like I said.)
I'm glad you liked it blush . It was my first long story (and the only one at the moment :p )... and I can't deny I was a bit lost in how to proceed with it. I learned a lot writing it... laugh

About the sequel... At the moment I'm busy :rolleyes: and there are another things I want to explore wink ... however probably I'll be updating the data for the premise and the plot... if I develop something that could use. Meanwhile, some ideas for that sequel had found allocation in the other project.

Jose (waiting that sequel wink )

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard