Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pelican Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, I meant to ask this a looong time ago, but then I kind of forgot about it, and maybe it even has been asked before. If that's the case, I'm sorry.

Anyway, my question is... Why aren't there anyone else but Trenna who on a fairly regular basis makes music videos? So I'm just curious here... smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Pel. Interesting question. My answer is that I just don't do videos. I've got all the episodes on DVD, but I suffer from a woeful ignorance of music. Most of the songs out there that are videos are songs I've never heard of. Anything made after 1975 pretty much escapes me. And all my MP3's can pretty much fit on a little more than one CD.

Might be interesting to see an L&C video done to "On the Beautiful Blue Danube", though.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I chose other. Put simply - I just don't have the patience for it. goofy

I have always greatly admired the dedication of those who made music videos. Going right back to when it was someone sitting on the floor of their livingroom painstakingly editing together tiny snatches of video tape from one VCR to another. Now that took time. Lots and lots of time. And endless patience.

I realise that these days it's an awful lot simpler - and quicker - to do on a pc. But it still represents something very fiddly to me and my patience and temperament just don't lend themselves to that kind of task. wink

LabRat smile (who nevertheless encourages everyone else to do it and will watch everything they might come up with laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I would love to be able to do videos. But for one, I don't have the episodes, editing program or the computer to do it.

But on the otherhand, I love music, so I would like to give it a try. Someday.... maybe someday... :rolleyes:

Missy

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I voted for the first option. I simply don't have the episodes. If I did, I would have definitely tried something by now.

Most of the songs out there that are videos are songs I've never heard of.
That works for me too. I *do* like the songs people choose for their videos, but these videos are usually the first time I ever hear them. So I would like to try my hand at making videos with songs I know and I like and I believe they fit L&C perfectly, but... at the moment... this is just impossible.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Columnist
Columnist
I'd have to say a combination of not having the software and the fact that my tastes in music aren't what I see everyone else doing. (I'm a classical music dinosaur; more to the point, baroque period music rules for me - can you see a video set to Bach's D Minor Toccata and Fugue????? blush ) So rather than impose my own strange musical tastes on everyone else, I try to write stories that might appeal to one or two other people...

Melisma (slinking back under her Rock to pack some more...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Like LabRat, I don't have the patience for doing fiddly things. And making music videos looks very difficult. I just know I'd make a mess if I'd try. frown

Let's hope Trenna doesn't ever get bored making them. Her videos are so amazing! thumbsup

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Never occurred to me to give it a try. <shrug>

Yvonne

Columnist
Columnist
I really want to give it a try and I've got a couple of ideas in my head for it. I've even got the program, the episodes, and the patience to do it.

So why haven't I done any? I can't get the silly program to work! Every time I try to import the episodes into the program, it shuts down. I've tried everything I can think of, but I just don't understand why it does that. I know a couple of people who could help me (my cousin is practically a computer genius) but I'm too embarressed to tell anyone why I need the program to work. sad

Oh well, my PC is pretty outdated so maybe when I get a new laptop in a few months it'll work on that.

~Anna

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I know a couple of people who could help me (my cousin is practically a computer genius) but I'm too embarressed to tell anyone why I need the program to work.
Anna, you could tape a nature program with cute little lion babies for instance. There's a lot of stuff like that on the nature channels like National Geographic. Then let your cousin demonstrate to you how to add your own music to that one. As soon as everything works all right and he's gone you can take out your LnC tapes and start cookin'! laugh

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't because I'm dumb and because of irons.

Lois: "Kent is a hack from Smallville. I couldn't make that name up."

Read my Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/anni_the_diva/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Irons???

Oh, and just because someone lacks a particular skill doesn't mean they're dumb. At least, I certainly hope not! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm not dumb at *everything.* Just a lot of things. Like making videos.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/me repeats - irons? laugh

LabRat (who is insanely curious to find out...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes, irons.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Is the supsense really killing anybody?

Merriwether
Merriwether
I would absolutely love to make videos. laugh I'm not a good writer but I think I'd be good at making videos. I have all the episodes on tape except one. grumble I have no idea how to do it! grumble I'm hopeing one day I can do it. I have all these ideas in my head but no outlet. whinging

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard