Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
However, like Labrat, Mike could quite easily disappear in a fluffy pink ball of corny, sickly, yuck-making smoke as far as I'm concerned.
Oh, dear. Labrat, just how easily *could* you disappear?

[Just kidding, Yvonne, I understood perfectly well what you meant. It just struck me funny the way you said it. And I agree 100% about Mike razz ]

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ugh! Mike!

The thing that really burns me about Mike (other than the cheesiness of it all) is the fact that it was totally out of the blue! We had never heard of this character before, had no reason ever to think he exists and yet one day he appears! At the very end of the episode.

The viewers had been given little reason to think either Lois and Clark were religious or anything other than the Lapsed Christian/Agnostic/Undetermined that most tv characters and yet here they are having their wedding (both of them) in a church...huh? And when that couldn't happen it was officiated by a guardian angel? What?

I also had a problem with his presence because it seemed to be a very poor attempt at giving Lois and Clark's relationship a "mystical" purpose like the Soulmates episode and Utopia. Almost like their relationship had been sanctified by God herself goofy

Now this is not something I have a problem with per se, I'm actually fond of those more "epic" tales but it was so poorly executed...

But that's why there is fanfic!

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well said, Birdie! Couldn't agree more. clap clap

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
...and oops, Labrat! You know I wouldn't want such an articulate, friendly rat such as your good self to disappear. smile

Grammar is sometimes such a tricky thing, isn't it? laugh

Yvonne

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard