Next Thread
Print Thread
#232158 08/22/03 06:40 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Which Jimmy is your favorite, either from a viewer's or a writer's point-of-view?

twins

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#232159 08/22/03 07:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Personally, I always liked the first season Jimmy.

Jack Larson, on the other hand, was a great Jimmy Olsen back in the 1950's.

And no, I was not alive at that time... :p

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#232160 08/22/03 07:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't think I preferred either of them. They both had their moments...i.e. 1st season Jimmy always doing bottom-of-the-foodchain activities, but when you come right down to it, I didn't give much of a hoot about that character. I suppose second season Jimmy had more of a supporting role, so he helped push along plots i.e. Brutal Youth, so I did like that aspect of him.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#232161 08/22/03 07:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
(hey Jen, welcome back!)

I never really warmed up to Michael Landes, though I wasn't a FOLC during first season so maybe I would have... still, when I first saw Justin I was not pleased that the character had been re-cast. However, Justin definitely grew on me smile He was a better actor, had some great expressions and was pretty cute when he wasn't providing Jimmy-interruptus <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#232162 08/22/03 08:11 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
I posted the poll at the tail end of my lunch break and didn't have enough time to vote at that time. mad I've always thought that Justin had more of the youthful enthusiasm associated with Jimmy Olsen. I did like Michael in other shows, but for this particular role, I prefer Justin. thumbsup

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#232163 08/22/03 08:56 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I came into LNC in re-runs of S2, so Justin's take on Jimmy was the first I saw. And I'd already seen Justin guest-star in one of my other favourite shows, where I'd been mighty impressed with his acting skills. So I guess I was inclined to be biased toward him to start with.

When I caught up with Michael though in S1 I didn't miss Justin or spend time comparing them - I enjoyed Michael's portrayal in those episodes, just as much.

But I do think that Justin's Jimmy was more in line with what I expected the character to be. Slightly naive, endlessly and irrepressibly enthusiastic, young and impressionable. Michael's Jimmy was always just a tad too worldly-wise for me and seemed older than the character I'd always thought of.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#232164 08/22/03 10:36 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
When I saw the title, I thought you were asking if we prefer Justin Timberlake or Michael Jackson (since the first one has been constantly copying the second one)!! goofy goofy goofy

Okay let's get to the point now.

I have missed most of the S1 episodes mad . So I know Justin very well and Michael almost not at all. But I dare say that I prefer Justin. He looks more 'Jimmy' - younger and cute smile

AnnaBtG.

P.S.: I love the third option you give (although I didn't vote for it) <G>. And BTW, do you James mean that the guy who played old Jimmy in 'Brutal Youth' was the one from the old Superman movies?

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#232165 08/25/03 05:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have to vote for Justin. In my opinion he just fit the character of Jimmy Olsen better.
Michael always seemed to be a bit to old/to grown up to act the way Jimmy Olsen is supposed to peep

sunshine

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
#232166 08/25/03 01:38 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I really liked first season Jimmy, and I was upset when they replaced him. But then the new Jimmy grew on me so much that now when I look at a first season ep, seeing the old one almost jerks me out of the story at first. Then I get used to him again, and when I start watching a second-third-fourth season ep right after a first season one, I have to go through the re-adjustment period again. Sigh...

Melisma (missing her LnC tapes, here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#232167 08/25/03 04:21 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think I liked Jimmy from S1, but I also liked Jimmy from S2-4. I thought both fit Jimmy's character in different ways... I can't think of any way to put my thoughts into words that anyone but me could understand though, so I'm going to stop this babbling now before I confuse myself...

Blayne (who has had almost no sleep the last few nights... dizzy )

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
#232168 08/31/03 02:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh DANG! I accidentally voted for Michael! grumble I really prefer Justin, cuz I started watching L & C in the third season, so I didn't even know about Michael for a couple years after the series ended.

Lois: "Kent is a hack from Smallville. I couldn't make that name up."

Read my Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/anni_the_diva/

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard