Next Thread
Print Thread
#23174 07/28/05 03:58 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks, thanks, thanks smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Nan, for giving us this part before gallivanting off to LAFF wink

This was a fabulous conversation between LL and LL goofy Loved how Lori proved what she knew, and explained who she was. And I enjoyed the bits where they talked about their mutual husband <g> Favorite line:

He does learn if you hit him over the head often enough.
lol

I also liked the touch where Lori started to babble but cut herself off. Great illustration of their similarities *and* differences.

Looking forward to more... and when Tempus does come around, he won't know what hit him.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Aha! That's why Clark doesn't have any memory of Lori's visit to the past!

Great installment! I'm really looking forward to more.

Irene
P.S. Have a great time at LAFF!

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
When Tempus first entered the picture in this story I had hoped, and expected, Lois and Lori would meet.

So now that the tornado twins are on the case, Tempus hasn't got a chance. But we all know that he'll cause a few bumps in the road before all is said and done.

I'm not sure that Lois would be so magnanimous, at first, when it was revealed to her that Lori is, in a sense, her replacement as Clark's wife. It would have to rankle just a bit that Clark could be able to 'move on' without her. I'm not saying that she wouldn't be able to logically adjust, and have those "I'm glad Clark won't be lonely" thoughts. But, initially, a gal's got to feel slightly depressed by the fact that Clark could remarry, even given the soulmates thing.

I guess the 'connection' between the two women is stronger than they both are able to acknowledge.

It will be interesting to see how Bernie Klein handles the onslot of a double LL.

Tank (who thinks it would be funny if Lori got her controller fixed and made it home just as Clark found the correct time with his machine and got stuck back there so Lois could have two Supermen to play with)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh I love these two together!

I agree with Tank, Lois took the news surprisngly well but I bought her feelings the whole way. She did sniffle! wink

Thanks for the fix before LAFF, have fun!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another post...sigh...

I liked this one, and I like Tank's evil idea. I smell a Tank ending coming on...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Nope. I don't do Tank endings. I don't have the morbid imagination for it. laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
This actually explains the statement in the EDIT: fourth where one of the kids says that Lois got them all together before she died and made them promise to accept Clark's new wife. She knew she would be coming back, and paved the way for a good reception into her own family. dizzy

"Do you think your family will mind that I'm taking her place?" Lori asked.

"No." Clark pulled her into his arms. "I talked to all four of themabout this months ago, and they urged me to go for it. Lara said that Lois spoke to them privately, years back, without telling me
about it and just about ordered them to make any new wife of mine welcome."

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

A great part! smile1

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Still playing catch-up, and there's lots of potential here for fun, isn't there? smile

I do agree, as others have said, that Lois was amazingly blase about the whole situation. Not about the future stuff as much as the "soulmate" aspect. I'd expect her to take ridiculous-sounding scenarios in stride. But the soulmates she and Clark met were always others, not Clark himself.

Your story, so your reaction. smile I look forward to more.

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I know that Lois's reaction isn't what a lot of people would expect, but there's a reason for it, and we'll cover that in the next part, as soon as I finish writing it. In the meantime, thanks for the comments. Since all of you are acting as my de facto beta readers, I appreciate any and all constructive criticism.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard