Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Umm...I'm probably the only person out there who actually *likes* this part
Nope. <G> There are a few of us Arrggggggh fans around. I must confess that I've always had a thing for plots where there's an evil double or the hero loses his/her memory - even been known to watch episodes of show I'd normally avoid like the plague if that's the plotline of the week. So I was delighted that my favourite show gave me lots of opportunities to indulge. goofy

And, as I have a tendency to watch the moments in the show rather than viewing it as a complete episode (sometimes just a particular look or smile or line of dialogue or one scene can make an episode a favourite even if the rest of it royally sucks) I just thought there were loads of moments in the Arrrrggggggggh that either had me laughing out loud or sighing happily at the waffs or enjoying the angst. And those all more than made up for the strange glitches in character.

So, yup, it was a definite hit for me.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What Labby said! laugh

Each episode has some scenes in it that I like.

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
quote :
Nope. <G> There are a few of us Arrggggggh fans around. I must confess that I've always had a thing for plots where there's an evil double or the hero loses his/her memory - even been known to watch episodes of show I'd normally avoid like the plague if that's the plotline of the week. So I was delighted that my favourite show gave me lots of opportunities to indulge.

Yay! I must admit, I was getting worried that I seemed to be the only one who enjoyed that arc...thanks so much Labrat and Xanabee for putting my fears to rest goofy

Sara <who's just after realising that DCU has Internet access dance >

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
...or the hero loses his/her memory -
Hum, I wonder what would the episode be like if clark had lost his memory after Lois and clark got married instead of before. Just curious.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sara, do I hear you with respect to WEIAK! And Caroline, thanks for the support. razz ) SoulMates.

Me? Seasons 1 and 2, definitely!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, I forgot about the accent bit! Arrrrrrgh... I do *not* talk like that...I've been told that my accent sounds like I'm from Donegal, which makes no sense because I live in Tipperary and have actually never been to Northern Ireland...also, my accent is a little weird now because my best friend up here is from Philadelphia - I heard myself on tape a while ago and went, "Okay, spending waaaaaaaaaay too much time with Erin... and no, I'm not kidding, she's actually called Erin razz razz razz razz

Sara jump

EDITED after new idea struck: Also, you know Séan McCarthy in "Resurrection?" Yeah. I don't talk like that, either.

Meet Joe Black
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooooh!! Tipperary!!!

It's a long way to Tipperary,
It's a long way to go.
It's a long way to Tipperary
To the sweetest girl I know.
Goodbye Piccadilly,
Farewell Leicester Square,
It's a long, long way to Tipperary,
But my heart lies there.

El [Linked Image]

P.S. Anyone know a song about Ballycastle?

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Merriwether
Merriwether
And that, boys and girls, is why Elena is Evil. laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Why thank you, Elena, for that lovely song. laugh

For that other song you asked about, you can try this link:

http://www.ballycastle.free-online.co.uk/music/lfairsong.htm

Hoping that's what you meant. That's what I found with a quick search.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I voted for S4, but I would have voted for S3 too if I'd been allowed. Basically, I like them being together, with Lois knowing the secret. Why? Because I like seeing Lois supporting Clark, acting as his confidante, etc. It also gets me away from that whole "will they/won't they" thing, which almost every show with a male and female lead eventually gets to and then does ad nauseum. The downside is that Lois has less spunk in S3/S4, but on the other hand, Clark looks particularly yummy in these two seasons. wink

I'm like Labrat - I watch the show for its special moments, rather than whole episodes. It doesn't bother me, therefore, if the plotline stinks or there's the occasional out-of-character moment. I'm so un-episode orientated, in fact, that I'm not even sure if they *were* actually together in S3 - and don't ask me to name episodes or give you their plots in a nutshell. I'm on the 'Friends' level of episode identification, as in: I like the one-where-Clark-gazes-sadly-at-the-crib-his-parents-sent-him, or the one-where-Lois-and-Clark-are-sweeping-up-leaves-and-talking-about-what-keeps-their-relationship-going.

Yvonne

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Elena:
Ooooh!! Tipperary!!!

It's a long way to Tipperary,
It's a long way to go.
It's a long way to Tipperary
To the sweetest girl I know.
Goodbye Piccadilly,
Farewell Leicester Square,
It's a long, long way to Tipperary,
But my heart lies there.

El [Linked Image]

Gee, Elena, you really *are* evil
evil evil evil

Did I mention that THAT SONG IS THE MOST OLD TIRED CLICHE EVER AND I DETEST IT WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL???????????????????? mad

ahem.../me switches off rant mode...

So I'm the sweetest girl you know??? evil evil

What can I say, I have my moments too <eg>

Sara

Meet Joe Black
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Why thank you, Elena, for that lovely song.
My pleasure. cool

For that other song you asked about, you can try this link:

http://www.ballycastle.free-online.co.uk/music/lfairsong.htm

Hoping that's what you meant. That's what I found with a quick search.
Thanks, Saskia! Now I only need to convince Wendy to stop singing Corrs' songs and sing this one for me instead. [Linked Image]

So I'm the sweetest girl you know???

What can I say, I have my moments too <eg>
Keep going, Sara! I like what I'm seeing. thumbsup

El [Linked Image]

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I voted a long time ago but never actually wrote anything here. I picked season 2 because that's where the relationship was starting up. I'm the type who likes to watch or read about fledgling relationships, rather than firmly established ones.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks, Saskia! Now I only need to convince Wendy to stop singing Corrs' songs and sing this one for me instead.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! The Corrs are the best! evil .

Ha. As if :rolleyes:

Sara jump

Meet Joe Black
Blogger
Blogger
My favorite season is definately 3 exept for the clone eppies aargh!!!!!!!! but I loved the rest of it, esp when she gets her memory back and punches the lights out of Deter. I love this season because their finally together, Lois knows the truth and Clark doesnt have to hide from her no more, oh and all those kisses blush blush blush .

Season one is closely behind I loved all the flirtyness and banter and the angst towards the end of it.

I have loved you from the beginning....

And I'll love you till the end....
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my goodness, I just caught up with this thread, and not only does El's razz reply makes me laugh , but the fact that there's an actual song on Ballycastle is too much! ROTFLMAO! rotflol I cannot believe this! And while I disagree with you on the Corrs, as I'm perfectly happy with Wendy keeping her habits to sing along with them, I wouldn't mind hearing a bit of the Ballycastle song as well. Too bad it's not the story of a, um... well, you know... butterfly. laugh

As for what I voted for (since I realise that I forgot to say so when I voted), I went for Season 1. I had to think about it, because Season 2 used to be my very favourite. However, that was before I started to write fanfic, and for some reason, fanfic writing shifted my focus. What first attracted me to Season 2 was the blossoming romance between Lois and Clark, but then I realised that it was already there in Season 1, with some aspects which I found much more interesting. First, and I won't surprise anyone here by saying that [g], there's Lois and Lex's relationship and the love triangle, if not quatuor, with Clark/Superman. Then there's the strange similarities (in everyone's eyes but Clark's) between Superman and Lex. And of course there's Lois's relationship to men in general, which results in her occasional hostility to them. All characters calmed down a little in Season 2, working towards smoothing out what kept them apart, and while I watched avidly Lois and Clark getting together, I think it missed some of the spice it could have had if it had happened in Season 1.

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
While S1 and S2 have their moments, I have to say that I love S3 and S4 best. I love it *after* Lois knows the secret and *after* they're committed to eachother. I've never been a fan of apart angst (it's for that reason that I don't like TOGOM) and both S1 and S2 have it in spades. <bg> Give me Lethal Weapon or the John Doe arc any day. Heck, *any* episode with Tempus is good.

BF

(Who thinks that Tempus is the best L&C villian)

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Blogger
Blogger
Season two of course..that's when they got together thumbsup

Katryna*
Lois n Clark fan since 1995!

CLARK:There's no such word as Chumpy.
LOIS:Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore he's chumpy!
CLARK:Try again.
LOIS:Are you challenging me?
CLARK: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I share LauraBF's opinion! hyper

Seasons 3 and 4! clap

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard