Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231589 05/26/03 11:20 AM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A number of us have been reading Tank's recent entries in the Fanfic folder in increasing bemusement. What has happened to the writer we all know and love? confused I mean, sure, we love what he's writing now, but where are the WHAMs? Where is the angst? Where's the death and destruction?? huh

So... just who is this person posting under Tank's nick??

Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah, I think he ODed on all the WAFFy fics y'all have been writing.

<g>

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Nah..

I think is something call old age. :rolleyes:

MAF sloppy

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually, I think he read that thread about people registering under multiple nicknames, so he decided to pull a fast one on us. So instead, he's posing as multiple people under a single nickname. smile

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Columnist
Columnist
I voted with the second option, that he's just trying to do a number on us smile

Actually, that fourth one won't work - diabetic meds *don't* make you sweeter, they work to reduce the sugar in your blood. So if you overdose on your meds, you would be in danger of a sugar *low*, and you would have to take measures to raise your sugar. In the case of Tank, he would be writing more WHAMs if he had overdosed on his meds. As it is, perhaps he needs to go get a hemoglobin A1C test done and make sure that he's not gone out of control - these WAFFs might be the result of his blood sugar being too *high*, and if that's the case, he would need to get his meds adjusted upwards...

Melisma (under her Rock, speaking from experience, as she is struggling to get back under control herself...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep. It's number 3. Come on out, Tracey! We know what's going on! goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Kidnapped by aliens, and I'm serious, I seen it with my own 3 eyes, I mean 2 eyes.

Ja-10

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
None of the above. It's obvious - he's a clone left behind by Lex Luthor when he kidnapped the real Tank, impressed by his evil designs on Lois's hair.

Me - ROTFL!!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
You forgot the none of the above. What's happened to Tank? Nothing.

Tank, er, I mean I, have always been a waff master. Has anyone read any of his, er, my fics. They always have a waffy, happy ending.

If you feel the need to blame anything... blame the Corrs. I've become a big fan of theirs a while back and maybe their excellant, romantic, feel good tunes have had this mellowing effect on him, er, me.

Tank (who would like to point out a recent fic that people have conveniently forgotten to mention... Taking One For The Team?)

Merriwether
Merriwether
I want to change my answer! I think me is right!!! Yikes! eek

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Columnist
Columnist
Well, now we know what's happened to Tank - he was holding out on us... The Donner Party??? He decided to treat his high blood sugar, and that was the result smile

Melisma (under her Rock, but not for long - it's lunch time, and Pizza Hut sounds like a good idea. Provided the wait isn't too long!)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh oh - backlash. <g> The names Tank Wilson and The Donner Party in conjunction? ROTFL! Deadly.

Haven't had the chance to read it yet, but looking forward. <G>

LabRat smile (who suspects Tank might have something to prove here... wink )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Mhhmmm... it seems Tank is trying to become the person with the most posted fanfics on these boards. And that would mean retirement. Sooo, Labrat and all others write what you can !!

sunshine

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, no use looking to me on that one, Sunshine! goofy

LabRat smile (who might manage to get SDB out by the end of the year. If she's very lucky. laugh )

The Musketeers
Kerth
Kerth
who might manage to get SDB out by the end of the year
It would be a Xmas story then?

Jose /ducking hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
who might manage to get SDB out by the end of the year.
Uh-huh, we've heard that one before :rolleyes: It doesn't mean a thing if you don't specify the end of *which* year! evil

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
sunshine wrote:
it seems Tank is trying to become the person with the most posted fanfics on these boards. And that would mean retirement
Without going back to the retirement thread for verification, I think people had actually decided that Tank needed to have the most fanfics on the Archives, not on these boards. And Wendy does still have a solid lead, no matter how hard he's trying to catch up. smile There was also talk of needing the highest word count as well, which, thanks to 'Masques', would be difficult to beat. wink

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank goodness for Masques! laugh

And I think Pam's right, LabRat was sneaky and never actually specified which year...

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darn. You guys are just too savvy these days. goofy

LabRat smile (who, having realised that the end of the week takes us into June dizzy goes eek )

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard