Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Is there a sign-up for FARCE somewhere? laugh Or better yet, something like "Message Board Addict Recovery Group" for me LOL.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Holy canolli! I'm not the only one who comes here every few hours to see what other people wrote? smile

Although I think that once the new term starts, I'll be lucky to get here once a day. I'm teaching 8 hours a day next term (full-time is 6 hours, but I've been doing 7 since the second term I was here) - one hour classes at 7am, 8am, 9am, 11am, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm. I'll have to get a LOT of my sleep in the afternoon, since I'll be done that last class at 10pm, and have to be up at least by 6 (maybe earlier) to get to my first class. I'm a night owl, so that means that I'll be getting to bed really late at night...

Melisma (under her Rock, yawning at the thought, even though it's 3:40pm here and she woke up at noon. Been trying to store the extra sleep, you understand, since she had a cold at the end of last term and wants to be in extra-fine form for the beginning of this term...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
fun poll, jen. <g>

i check at least twice a day, and i'm still not caught up... keep getting distracted elsewhere and getting behind on fic. so, while i'm online, i usually have the boards open pretty much continuously... laugh

of course, i also get distracted by irc and the other boards i go to and... <sigh>

oh, wait! i just realized! i haven't been to the onion in weeks! d'oh!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
THe moment I boot my computer I open several windows, and the boards are always one of them (sometimes even two). And I leave it open and refresh like every 10-15 minutes. And when I close my laptop it's usually night. So I have the boards open all day! (and then I don't count the days I never switch off my computer)

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I always open the boards as soon as I boot my computer. On week days I check the boards every morning before I go to work and then as soon as I get home. The boards are open till I go to bed. :rolleyes:
I have even on occasions snuck into the library at school at lunchtime to read something I didn't have time to in the morning. smile1

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Anyone want to guess what my answer was? goofy

Paul pretty much sums up my visiting pattern. I check my mail and the mbs routinely in the morning, after I get up, and then both usually stay open for as long as I'm on the pc - which is more often than not most of the day. And then of course they're open in the evening while I'm chatting on irc....

LabRat (Who's starting to suffer from Little Yellow Light Withdrawal Syndrome if she checks in and finds no new posts. laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank goodness there are more people like me! I only came online to research for a presentation and and the first thing I did was open a window for the mbs! Before I even checked my mail. I spend way too much time online, I've recently decided that when I move out of home I have to move somewhere where they offer a broadband connection!

I was also looking into irc this morning and found a website - 'You know you're addicted to irc if...' Despite never having been on irc I recognised most of the terms and then realised that if you substituted mbs for irc, almost the entire list applied to me...

Oh, and at the moment the poll rests at 100% for Multiple times a day, probably cause we'd be the first ones to see it! wink

Loriel (must go and find my life... laugh )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Loriel - you should post that list in Off Topic. I'm sure most of us would find something familiar in there. wink

As for having a life - vastly over-rated. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
I second Lab's recommendation, Loriel. I'd love to see it smile

Melisma (going through Harry Potter withdrawal, here under her Rock, and she's only been on the computer for a half hour - this is BAD! blush )

- Yoda
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
For those that want to see the irc list you can find it here . Come join the fun! wink

Loriel (deciding that LabRat's right - life is vastly over-rated! laugh )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Definitely multiple times per day. I leave my laptop on and connected to the internet around the clock and I check email and the boards compulsively throughout the day, in between each task and as my preferred form of procrastination.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well I'm glad to see that I'm not the only addict!! goofy

I check the boards CONSTANTLY!! I think I have a problem!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
don't worry, liz. like you said, you're not the only one addicted to the boards. just consider us your support group. that way, posting and talking to us is helpful therapy... [Linked Image]

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
just consider us your support group. that way, posting and talking to us is helpful therapy...
Lol! Can I just say that I love my support group then! I'be lost without it - it'd be like going cold turkey... goofy

Loriel

Columnist
Columnist
Same here, Loriel - and I *will* miss you all, at least, our frequent meetings, during the term.

BTW, love your sig - wish I could borrow it...

Melisma (ducking under her Rock to work on lesson plans again help )

- Yoda
Merriwether
Merriwether
Heh, I'm one of those lucky ones that can browse at work, and has time to do it. So I get to work, check my websites (web comics, movie news) and save the boards for last. Then I check periodically during the day. I come home, do some chores if I'm feeling active, then hop on the computer for the rest of the night. Days off, i'm usually on the computer and check the boards a few times a day. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard