Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
well, as you may have noticed (but maybe not...), the original fic section is moving pretty slowly. with a few exceptions, stories and story parts are geting one or two comments at the most. the exceptions, btw, are the ones with 3 or 4.

so, why aren't you commenting?

the poll is set, btw, to allow you to choose more than one answer. please choose whatever is most apporpriate, but i've left room if you feel that more than one option sounds about right.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Voted for "i'm too busy with other things to read there, too"

Before the crash, I was reading stories there, and commented, once or twice. Then after the crash I got so caught up in posting and keeping up with everyone/what was happening, that something had to give. The reason that it was Original Fiction was simply because it was moving so slowly! I knew that I could come back after exams and still catch up. Whereas if I gave up following any other threads, they move so quickly that I'd never catch up.

I know this isn't very encouraging to those who posted in the OF section, but I *am* planing on going back to it (and hopefully reviewing!) as I love sci-fi/fantasy stories, which seem to the majority of what is getting posted. I also never say no to fiction in general! laugh

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I do check the original fiction folder, but sci-fi really isn't my thing, and most of what's being posted in there is sci-fi. I'm sure it's very good, too - or so some of the comments, when I've glanced at the folders, tell me. wink

I have read eagerly, and commented too, on stories which were more along the lines of my personal preferences; I loved Chris Carr's Midnight Caller, and adored Kaylle's Rachel-Watching. Bethy's bittersweet story - whose title completely escapes me right now - had tears in my eyes. smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can only plead general dullness wink It took a while before I visited the Fanfic Challenge section, too... but I expect I'll get there. It does seem like it'd be a bit more pot-luck in there, with stories being very different from each other and never knowing what you're going to get... but mostly it's just a time thing. As it is, I seem to spend all day on here <g> and my husband isn't really happy about that wink

Oh, and I do mean to read Slave Race at the very least -- I started the first part, but got called away before I was even halfway through, and just haven't managed to get back yet.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I commented on a few stories, does that count? smile

Mostly I wasn't looking at it because Original Fiction tends to be much more eclectic and it's difficult to know what to expect. Besides, I haven't even had the time to read any fanfic lately. But I thought I'd take a look, and several of the stories were just a few parts, so that much I think I can handle. So I'll try to read a few. I read *some* science fiction/fantasy, but very little and generally only by specific authors, though, so I probably won't read much of that that gets posted, which seems to be the majority. So... we'll see.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I chose "i'm too busy with other things to read there, too". I'm sure there are some wonderful stories there - it sounds like it just from my reading of the comments in this thread alone. But even though this is the fandom where I spend most of my time reading these days, I do try to keep up in a couple of other places too, and I simply don't seem to have the time - either that or I'm just not managing it very well. It's not lack of interest, it's had to be a question of prioritizing...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm pretty much in sync with other posters. I had the best of intentions, but I find it difficult just to keep up with the LNC fanfic, and like someone else said something has to give.

I do try to keep an eye out for anything in one or just two or three parts in OF though and read and comment on those.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Err...I'll fess up. Sheer laziness. And considering the fact that I'm not even keeping up with LnC fics on the boards right now, I feel that my laziness isn't discriminatory goofy . I am getting around to reading some of those challenges, though.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
well, i've got a couple of admissions to make...

first, i haven't been commenting there, either. for a combination of reasons (even though i didn't vote in the poll). some of the stories i commented on the first time, and haven't commented on again (which is an option i realized i'd left out of the poll just after i'd posted it). sometimes i don't read things because i'm too busy with everything else. some things i haven't commented on because they just weren't to my taste. i love sci-fi and fantasy in general, but i don't like everything in those genres. never cared for tolkien, for example. certain stories will do that, too... isaac asimov is one of my favorite writers, but i never really liked "fantastic voyage."

second, as some of you may have guessed, i had an ulterior motive for posting this poll. i was trolling for readers. laugh seems to have worked, too. smile so, glad the poll was a success in that area.

so, anyway, thanks for your responses.

off to catch up with the rest of the boards. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
The main reason is simply that I don't have enough time.
I was keeping up reasonably well in the beginning. Even managed to make some comments. smile
Then the boards crashed at the same time I had to go away for a 12 day conference. grumble

Hopefully I will eventually catch up with the stories that interest me. laugh

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
In the original Fanfic forum, could the authors give us a bit of a story synopsis in the TOC section?

The summaries on the L&C Archive have greatly influenced me to read or not to read so I think it would be helpful!

I also have hidden wish that the authors there were writing more LnC FanFic blush

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard