Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I almost voted "Can't wait to hunt down the author and wring their scrawny necks!!" buut in trhe end I voted Other. I have a love/hate relationship with cliffhangers. I love, them I really do. The sitting on the edge of your seat, biting your finger nails feeling is almost unrivalled. However, at the same time I hate them, cause you have to wait days/a week for the next part! (Or there is also the possability that the author loses his/her muse... permanently shock )

Cliffies are best when you reach one and then discover that the next part has already been posted! laugh

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
who is posting from the on-campus computer lab and hoping that no one is looking over her shoulder to see that she is posting on a mbs for show that was cancelled 6 years ago
I know the feeling! I'm in the computing lab at the moment! Whenever friends come over to talk to me I usually minimise the window. This is a great option, unless of course, you also have the Archive on the next page, another mb page open on the fic you're also in the middle of reading (while waiting for the first mb page to finish loading), then another page with your inbox full of posts from the fic list...

Despite all that, surfing at uni is usually better, mostly due to the (usually) fantastic connection speed. Also the fact that I don't think my parents know the full extent of my obssesion, so if I'm online at Uni, they don't see it! I can't wait til I have my own place (and a job) so I can have (and afford) a broadband connection...

As for the housework? I'm lucky in that I still live at home and am not responsible for a whole house worth of cleaning. My mum left my sister and I to our own devices to our own rooms years ago, though, and I have to say, it *looks* she did! The shock would probably kill my mum if she saw a duster or hoover near my room!

Loriel (hoping that noone is looking over her shoulder. wink )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
I went for wring their scrawny necks. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. laugh

I like cliffhangers when it's natural, but I've noticed with some stories that when you go back later to read the whole thing in one sitting, there are a bunch of forced cliffhangers that make no sense when it's one piece. Cannot for the life of me think of any examples, though.

And I have absolutely no qualms about accessing L&C stuff at school. I blab about my obsessions so much that just about everyone who knows me knows what I like and dislike. :p

And...housework? Housework? What's that? Oh, yeah, cleaning and stuff... Nah, I don't do that. cool

(Seriously, though, I like dishes. They're fun. It's dusting I don't like.)

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard