Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231037 04/29/03 06:43 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So, what do you prefer? Season 1 Clark with long luscious hair trailing over his collar, or Season 4 Clark with short, snappy hair? Or something in between?

Top Banana
Top Banana
For me it doesn't matter how he has his hair, as long as he has it. And who looks at the hair anyway with such a body? drool

So my option is both.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah yes but, Yvonne, you're forgetting that Clark had a couple of different hair-lengths in Season 1. There is this, his style from the Pilot:
[img]http://images2.fotki.com/v2/photos/1/11220/95597/pildean-vi.jpg?1051639210[/img]

which is certainly too long; he really did need a haircut then.

But there was also this totally wonderful look:
[img]http://images2.fotki.com/v2/photos/1/11220/95597/ClarkrejectedinBatP-vi.jpg?1015976889[/img]

which, without a doubt, is my favourite. smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Wendy. <g> You nipped in and posted this while I was still searching for photos to explain this one. laugh Thus saving me the trouble. thumbsup

I agree:

Style One - always has my fingers itching for a comb. Not a favourite. Too long.

Style Two - This is the one for me. <whimper>

Style Three - Okay, but not as cute as Style Two.

So...given all that I voted long on the assumption we were talking long as in Style 2 and not long as in Style 1. <g>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good point, Wendy.

I guess my preference would be, shorter than the Pilot, but longer than early season 4. smile

PJ
who really doesn't notice hair that much

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
[img]http://images.fotki.com/v1/photos/1/11220/95597/lcev266-vi.jpg?1007500605[/img]

[img]http://images2.fotki.com/v2/photos/1/11220/95597/clark-casual-vi.gif?1015976888[/img]

[img]http://images.fotki.com/v7/photos/1/11220/95597/21076-vi.jpg?1028640199[/img]

All of the above are my favourites as far as hairstyles are concerned. The strange thing is that the one where Clark's wearing a light beige jacket is from S4 IIRC, but weirdly enough his hair doesn't seem short and curly (which I really didn't like). I don't much like the early S1 style either. So count me in among those who prefer late S1 to S2 style. Okay, if we forget about his look during the date in Lucky Leon. dizzy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello hotness. LOL, I've been staring at this thread for a good ten minutes and forgot I was going to post a reply. Anywho, I'm totally down with Kaethel on this one. I'd have to say the second pic in her bunch is my fav, but I definitely am in the S1-S2 category.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I voted for short and wild laugh

No seriously I like it best when it is relatively short but still has it`s natural wave
Just a little bit longer than in the one Kaethel posted

sunshine

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I sort of like it shorter, but it doesn't really matter to me. Every one of those pictures makes me drool

- Alicia

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
Short, please...when it's long (and before he gained weight), he looked like a teenager. drool

B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
/me drools over nice pics.

Ah, bliss. laugh

I think early season one was crying out for a haircut -- it was supposed to add to his unrefined hick status, wasn't it? But I agree that the razor cut was too short -- there needs to be something there to run your hands through!

So I like Wendy's second pic and all of Kaethel's (especially the second -- yummy!).

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I also chose "Other", using Wendy's reasoning (and thanks for the great illustrations!). I join the whimpering LabRat in loving Style Two, although I also loved his look in the 2nd half of Season 3 of the infamous non-wedding and NK arcs.

The strange thing is that the one where Clark's wearing a light beige jacket is from S4 IIRC
Doesn't this pic comes from the beginning of Seconds, when Clark goes to STAR Labs to see Clois?

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Columnist
Columnist
peep peep

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok, I should have read the posts before I voted! blush I voted for short haired Clark, solely because when I saw 'long hair' I thought of the Pilot ep, and that's not my favourite style.

However after viewing all those lovely pics (again and again and again drool ) I'm going for 'pic 2', late S1, longish, but not as long as the pilot!

Loriel (still drool ing )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I voted for short and neat too. I definitely prefer the in between styles. Kaethel's pics have summed it up perfectly, but when I have to err on one side or the other, I'd rather have it be too short than too long. The pilot episode made me cringe, but the super-short S4 style didn't bother me a bit.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Blogger
Blogger
Short, definitely. But not too short. Season two and season three style works for me. drool

Christine

P.S. Casey says he couldn't care less. He's a Lois fan! smile

I am a citizen of the world - Socrates
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I had to go with short on this one - the long hair on guys just drives me NUTS! I liked his hair in both the 2nd and 3rd picture that Wendy posted and all that Kae posted. So...I guess any version of short works me. wink
I'd rather have it be too short than too long. The pilot episode made me cringe, but the super-short S4 style didn't bother me a bit.
Yeah, that! goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard