Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230837 12/18/13 09:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just downloaded all my photos and videos onto my computer from my phone and, apparently, I've been taking pictures and videos upside down. :rolleyes: Does anyone know, when taking a landscape picture or video, which side of the iPhone is "up"? /The side with the audio controls or the other side?/ Like the lunkhead I am, I'm assuming it's the same across all versions. LOL.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#230838 12/18/13 01:27 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Um, silly question... Why not just experiment by taking a picture that you don't care about, noting how you are holding the phone, and then seeing how it turns out?

Joy,
Lynn

#230839 12/18/13 01:44 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image] Um... because I didn't think of that. Oh, right. Now, I remember why. [Linked Image] Because the iPhone shows the picture as right side up no matter which direction you hold the phone, but when you download it to your computer it decides which is up and which is down. All my daughter's school productions were upside. :rolleyes: /I don't video much and download to my computer even more rarely./ I guess, I could take a picture now and then download it to see what direction the computer gave it. I was just hoping someone knew off the top of their head.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#230840 12/19/13 04:11 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
The page below talks about this issue. Read especially the comments at the end.

http://iphonephotographyschool.com/iphone-photos-upside-down/

#230841 12/19/13 11:13 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by malu:
The page below talks about this issue. Read especially the comments at the end.

http://iphonephotographyschool.com/iphone-photos-upside-down/
Thanks, Malu. I'll check this out. laugh

LATER: Checked it out. It answers my question and then some (i.e. shoot landscape photos with volume buttons down because Windows hasn't figured out that Mac / i-whatever has taken over the world and they need to adapt their software to reflect the new emperor).

thumbsup Malu!

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard