Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230812 07/08/13 08:59 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi knowledgeable people. I have Reader from the Archives who wants to check out stories on the Message Boards but for some reason the links to here I send her keep sending her nowhere. Lurkers don't have be logged in, I know that, because I know I read before I joined and got an Avatar / Board name, so why isn't it working.

I gave her the following links:

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001959 (to Wrong Clark TOC)

and

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

If I send her just the link:

http://www.lcficmbs.com

would that work? I don't want to log out and then have to search for my log-in information in my inbox ( shock thud ) to test this theory. Any ideas? I know that there's a link from the Archives and I can tell her to just use that, but I'm wondering why my links don't work.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia:
The 3 links work for me. I would guess she should try the shortest one first.
I don't see why they wouldn't work. Did she try the link from the Archive to the Message Board? That's in the blue on the left.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Artemis:
Hi Virginia:
The 3 links work for me. I would guess she should try the shortest one first.
I don't see why they wouldn't work. Did she try the link from the Archive to the Message Board? That's in the blue on the left.
cool
Artemis
Thanks, Artemis, I've sent her the shortest link and hopefully that will work. The more the merrier! laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Definitely true. The link to this board from the Archive is the first one listed on the left under "links" and it's the one in your message.
Otherwise, if she's entering it, not getting here could be from a typo in the address. So the shortest should work.
r
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
Kerth
What I usually try, if I can't get a link to work, is to put it through the tinyurl site, so for example

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001959

becomes

http://tinyurl.com/lkt6ydm

That not only shortens the URL, it gets rid of all the question marks etc. which are often the source of problems.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
What I usually try, if I can't get a link to work, is to put it through the tinyurl site, so for example

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001959

becomes

http://tinyurl.com/lkt6ydm

That not only shortens the URL, it gets rid of all the question marks etc. which are often the source of problems.
Thanks, Marcus, I'll try that if she writes back and says she's still having problems.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, Here's my NEW issue. dance So, anyone want to try to field that trip into the Twilight Zone?

I thought maybe if anything might have been loading / posting, I wouldn't have been granted access until it finished, but I just double-checked and nothing new has been added to the boards since before I logged off for lunch. mecry <<Yes, I know. There goes *that* New Year's Resolution. Hey, but as you all know, I go to the opening of an envelope... er.... thread, which is how I ended up with more than 6K posts since I logged on in 2011. Imagine how long my stories could be if I put all that effort into my writing. LOL. >>

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am more of an 'asker' of questions, rather than an 'answerer' here for technology/etc...but:

<<Yes, I know. There goes *that* New Year's Resolution. Hey, but as you all know, I go to the opening of an envelope... er.... thread, which is how I ended up with more than 6K posts since I logged on in 2011. Imagine how long my stories could be if I put all that effort into my writing. LOL. >>
Just wanted to say that I really enjoy your posts thumbsup ....6,000 and hopefully many more to come!

But--as I alluded to earlier, I've got nothing solution-wise to the problem blush --I'm sure someone does though...

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Have you run an anti virus recently? There could be some malware infecting your computer.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Kerth
Kerth
I think there may have been an issue with the site for a few hours - I had trouble accessing it too.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
Have you run an anti virus recently? There could be some malware infecting your computer.

Andreia
I have Norton which is supposed to do it automatically. Per your suggestion, I did a full scan and only came up with 42 cookies. frown And not a chocolate chip in the bunch.

Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
I think there may have been an issue with the site for a few hours - I had trouble accessing it too.
Okay, so I may not be officially going bonkers. Phew. /puts that off for a few more years grovel / I just thought it strange to where it bought me, though. It was like it did a search of the jibberish within the link to our message board (such as "ultimate"). No, I don't really want to search *that* word. Thanks.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard