Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230722 10/31/12 11:34 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder if it's a new form of spam that has snuck onto the site. When I post long texts, a handful of random words show up as hyperlinked. I've only followed one, and it led to a generic ad site. Any way to fix this?

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#230723 11/01/12 08:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I believe the problem isn't on the site. An adware must have infected your computer. Sometimes when you install a software there're adwares that are installed together if you choose the typical install (always choose "custom install - you can see what is being installed and accept or reject it). They can show as a toolbar in your browser, but sometimes they don't show at all. Adwares often do what you are describing.

I suggest you check your computer for virus, adware and spyware. There're free softwares and online scans that can find these malwares and get rid of them. thumbsup

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#230724 11/01/12 09:30 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow, I feel stupid for not knowing that! Thanks for the advice. Just cleaned up the computer! laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard