Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230668 10/03/11 06:24 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, I tried posting an image from another website and clicked on the "Image" button below, pasted in my URL and still only got a red 'X' in my post. Any suggestions?

This was the image:

Picture of Jaxon\'s Bio

Thanks.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#230669 10/03/11 07:02 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Virginia!

You can't link from www.loisandclarkarchive.com. The images there are external-link-protected.

This one here works, though: http://lncphoto.free.fr/cadre2.htm

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#230670 10/03/11 07:10 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks. It's nice to know I'm not equivalent to Lois in the computer department. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#230671 10/03/11 09:40 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#230672 09/23/13 07:02 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Do you know of any sites that allow you to post off of their site? I have tried to post images off of my facebook page and tumblr but neither of them show up.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#230673 09/23/13 08:04 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
Do you know of any sites that allow you to post off of their site? I have tried to post images off of my facebook page and tumblr but neither of them show up.
Did you try to post them as an IMG or a URL? (also any links which include parenthesis or are have a super long url don't work on this site - try plugging it in at www.tinyurl.com to get a parenthesis free or shorter link). Your Facebook or Tumbler page might not allow links to photos, depending on your privacy status (I would hope). Those are the only suggestions I can come up with. I know I've showed IMGs from JL8's tumbler page before.

VirginiaR.
---
#230674 09/23/13 10:44 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Do you know of any sites that allow you to post off of their site? I have tried to post images off of my facebook page and tumblr but neither of them show up.
Did you try to post them as an IMG or a URL? (also any links which include parenthesis or are have a super long url don't work on this site - try plugging it in at www.tinyurl.com to get a parenthesis free or shorter link). Your Facebook or Tumbler page might not allow links to photos, depending on your privacy status (I would hope). Those are the only suggestions I can come up with. I know I've showed IMGs from JL8's tumbler page before. [/b]
In both cases it was a URL. I think the Facebook one was a https so I suspect that could be the issue (but not sure how to fix it).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#230675 09/23/13 11:18 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In both cases it was a URL. I think the Facebook one was a https so I suspect that could be the issue (but not sure how to fix it).
Did you try editing your post to change the URL's to IMG's? But you're probably correct and it could be the S on the http that could be stopping you.

VirginiaR.
---
#230676 09/24/13 06:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You can't link from www.loisandclarkarchive.com. The images there are external-link-protected.
If you want to post an image from that site (or any site that doesn't allow direct link) you can download it and upload to a site that hosts images, like http://www.imageshack.us/.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard