Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230651 06/03/11 12:05 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm running Windows 7 last night last night I was on a website. That I hadn't been to in awhile and when I clicked on a link on their page everything seemed fine until I closed that window then I got a popup box from Microsoft Secuity Essentials saying I had 2 Trogans. I removed them like they asks only one said it couldn't be found.

Then I run a full scan and halfway through got another Trogan and removed that as well. They are all different named ones. Today I just got another popup and removed it again only to see that it said not found after I removed it only to see in the MSE history that it was delete twice.

This last trogan was Trojan:Win32/Jpgiframe.A

Sure I do a system restore? I'm not sure what is going on but know that at least my Virus protection is catching the Trogan.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
#230652 06/03/11 02:42 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I ran into one of these once where the "virus" or whatever it was would pop up a message saying it was Microsoft Security Essentials and tell me there was a problem. The message itself was fake. That may be what is happening with you.

If I remember correctly I had to do a system restore to get rid of it.

Thereafter I changed my habits and never browse on the internet in an account that has admin privileges.

Bob

#230653 06/04/11 04:38 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I ran a full scan again last night nothing showed up. I think the popups are real because they are showing up on the MSE history.

If it happens again I'm going to remove it then do a system restore.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
#230654 06/18/11 03:54 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Download and run combofix and tksskiller. They will clean up any system! If your tksskiller doesn't finish initializing to run the program, the virus is in your master boot record.

Combofix will download a microsoft safety boot when you run it so then you can select that option before the computer fully boots up, choose your network (probably #1) and then type FIXMBR. That got a NASTY virus off my computer.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard