Print Thread
#230316 02/07/09 11:54 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
So I had this whole vid almost done when I started having computer problems.

I saved the project and all that and now that I'm reloading it on this computer, the pictures are all still there but the vids are not. It has the effects I had on each vid but on a black screen. When I'm looking at the timeline/storyboard, there's a picture from the opening of the clip but...

And the pictures are fine.

Any thoughts?

Carol

Features Writer
Features Writer
Can you play the videos independently of the Movie Maker (for example, on Windows Media Player)?

malu

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Um, I don't have my EXHD hooked up right this second but I can play other vids [like when I published it thinking that maybe it was just WMM being stupid...]. Still didn't have those vids... And I can play other vids...

Will check on the EXHD when I go back in the other room...

Edit: Yes I *did* have it hooked up to the EXHD when I was trying this - which is where the files are and it was the F: which is what it was before...

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - tried playing one of the eps and it says I need a codec - xvid.

Am DLing it. Praying that works...

Carol

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
YAY!!!!

That did it!

Need to add 'DL XVID codec' to my list of things I have to do when I have to reinstall Vista again and all that junk.

Thank you!

Carol

Features Writer
Features Writer
Hey, you did all the work. wink

malu

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Yes, but if you hadn't suggested it who knows how long it would have taken me to figure it out wink .

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay I think this is a good place to post my question.

I just finished a music video in Windows Movie Maker and published it. When I published it as a avi file it's fine except for the fact that its 703 MB. I originally did it in .wmv file which is what i want. However when i play it back the video is only half the screen and the other half is a green screen. Can anyone tell me why this is or how to fix it?!?! Part of me is now wishing i created it in Roxio Video Wave

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
Features Writer
Features Writer
I can't say for sure, but maybe it's some encoder/decoder that might be causing the trouble? I'm not an expert on this, but if you could see the AVI video but cannot see the WMV video, that sounds like the file is not being encoded/decoded correctly. You might need to download some files.

Did you try to play in another computer?

malu

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I played around with it, and did figure it out. However, I see that everyone as a link to the video on youtube. How did they do that. Mine was on there but because of copyright it has been removed. How do you get around that? If there any other way for others to see my video?

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
Features Writer
Features Writer
Just out of curiosity, could you tell us what was the problem? In case someone else ends up having the same difficulties?

malu

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard