Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#230271 10/21/08 12:20 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I use Gmail for most business stuff. The only problem I have with it is that three times now upgrades for the Opera browser I prefer have started off partially incompatible with Gmail - either it doesn't work at all, or it's very slow. There's a work-around, which is to start off with the basic HTML version of gmail then switch to the regular version once logged on, but it's a bit of a pain.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#230272 10/21/08 02:00 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Marcus - I have to do that sometimes too but mine's a... connectivity issue I guess. My internet is pretty slow [cable lite] and has problems connecting when I first open FireFox but then is fine. It doesn't do it all the time - only during... peak hours or if I'm opening several tabs at once.

Could it be something like that?

Carol

#230273 10/22/08 08:36 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I don't have problems in using Yahoo Mail with Firefox.

As for having your Yahoo Mail forwarded to a different address, if you have the basic e-mail (not the paid version Plus), you are not allowed to have it forwarded.

Now, as for GMail, you ARE allowed to forward the messages. What you COULD do is create a new GMail account, have it forwarded to your Yahoo Mail acoount in the beginning, and in Yahoo Mail change the Reply-to email address (see the Mail Options->General Preferences), and make sure you mention to the people you are sending messages to of your new email address. Just a thought.

malu

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard