Print Thread
#230215 08/25/08 12:47 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
A number of years ago I bought a Dazzle Fusion Vid Capture device. While I don't really need *it*, I do want some of the software that came with it to play with [mainly the video maker - MovieStar 5 - no clue if it's good or not, but can't find my Adobe CD ANYWHERE and I'm not crazy about WMM]. Anyway, I'm trying to install it but can't find my serial number anywhere. The number that's on the unit itself doesn't work and I can't find any live chat or email support on the Pinnacle website. I can't find my cell phone to call them either. And I can't install just the program I want, it has to go through the whole thing.

I searched for a number online but the couple I found didn't work and I'm leery of opening a 'crack' because last time I tried that I got a very nasty virus [also for something I legitimately had a right to have but couldn't find the number for].

Does anyone have any ideas besides calling them? I'm going to look again for paperwork etc, but we've moved since then and heaven only knows...

Thanks.
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think the Pinnacle support is probably handled by Avid now - since they bought them, anyway. wink

I can always ask around tomorrow at work and see if I can get an answer for ya. I work for one of Avid's companies, after all. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Lara -

I finally got through to a person at Pinnacle and they said that they bought the hardware and not the software and can't do anything for me since apparently I didn't register it when I used it years ago [or at least he couldn't find it under my name and I have no idea what email I might have used 5 yeas ago].

If you can help at all, I would greatly appreciate it.

Carol

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Never mind.

One of the ones I found online DID work, but I hadn't put a company name in so it wouldn't give me the 'next' option. Didn't realize it was a required thing...

Thanks, anyway, Lara and I promise to try to work a Batman reference into a fic soon just for you smile .
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
NP! Glad you got it to work. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard