Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230167 07/08/08 09:22 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi guys!

I miss making music videos but I've been unable to do so because, for some reason, my AoA DVD Ripper has been crashing lately. I can't rip anything! mad I tried to update it but it didn't work. I'm not sure when the problem started and why but I'm done with AoA DVD Ripper! razz I was wondering if anyone has an easy-to-use DVD ripper to suggest me so maybe I can go back to make music videos. AoA was really good until I started having problems... it was so easy to use frown I hope you guys can help me out. I've been having great ideas for music videos lately, but I need to rip scenes from my DVDs :rolleyes:

If you guys can help me out, I can give you lots of new music videos laugh

Raquel (who really wants to make music videos again frown )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
#230168 07/08/08 09:33 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Raquel!

Poussin has recommended FairUse in this thread and I've been using it to rip all my DVDs since then. It's easy to use and works fine (even with Vista). wink

I've missed your videos. I hope to see you back soon with new ones. hyper

Take care,
Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#230169 07/08/08 02:04 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've had Handbrake recommended to me, but, while it's worked well for others, I've always had trouble with it.

Instead, I use AutoGK . It can't extract the files off the DVD, but often you can just "explore" the disk and copy the files yourself. (The biggest ones from the video_ts folder.) If not, DVD Decrypter will do the job.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#230170 07/10/08 07:15 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I got the full version of FairUse which allows me to get only specific frames instead of ripping the whole episode. It seems to work pretty good so I'm sticking to it now. Thanks, Andreia for the heads up! Thanks Paul for the suggestion as well. You guys rock! thumbsup

Raquel (who is happy that she was able to post a new video now laugh )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
#230171 07/10/08 11:18 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
The AVG Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware activated today on the copy of the install file of FairUse I had on my hard drive since last year, saying that it contained an Adware called "Generic3.ILJ".

Very strange, especially since I hadn't touched it for at least six months.

I erased it from my hard drive.

malu

#230172 07/13/08 12:53 PM
R
rgw Offline
Blogger
Blogger
R
definitely use DVD Decrypter...it's great

#230173 08/10/08 08:44 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, maybe someone here can help me.

I use to have every episode on my computer. How I not only have seasons 3 and 4 (unless my disc are messed up) I do have the entire series on DVD. My question is, is there any way to put the entire ep in tack on my computer. I used one of the programs this thread recommended but it separates it into video and audio. Is there any program that keeps it together or is there any place nowadays that you can still download eps from?

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
#230174 08/11/08 12:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jess, I don't know what program you used, but FairUse keeps audio and video together, as an .avi file. See Poussin\'s tutorial . wink

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#230175 08/11/08 12:50 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks I was using DVD decryptor and when what didn't work i ended up downloading fairuse! Thanks! I works fine!

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard