Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229922 10/03/07 11:14 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
My laptop has restarted it's start twice today. The first time was after I clicked to turn it off and I thought for a second I must have hit restart instead. But it did it again to me this time I just had picked up the laptop and set it on my lap.

The first time it happend today I had picked it up off my lap and set it down when it restarted it's self as well.

I just scaned it and found one ad-ware and 31 tracking cookies that I deleted.

Also my laptop is saying I was running low on Vir. memory. And after the second restart my wireless conect didn't want to work it showed the connect but didn't want to connect to it.

Finally it did but now when I open a new window it takes longer to load my homepage.

I don't know what could be wrong this time. I'm just hoping it something simple.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Something like that has happened to me before, usually when I was running out of disk space and got low on batteries. Could that possibly be the case the for you too? The simple answer for that one is to clear up some space...

What kind of laptop do you have? I would also suggest checking their website to see if they can provide you with an answer.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
It's a Dell Inspiron BI30 and it only seems to happen when I lift it up and sat it down while it's on. Last night my Mom moved the laptop while I had it in sleep and all I could figure was it restarted because it was running hot when I lift the lid and the fan on it was running.

Now because of that I have to shut this computer completely off when I'm not on it.

I was hoping that this laptop would be running good enough for me to give to my sister after I got a new one around christmas time but the way this is working it might just stop before then.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Have you tried using a can of compressed air to remove dust that might be clogging the fan and heatsink? Do a little search online about this, and you will find many users having problem with overheating caused by dust-clogged fans and heatsinks.

See
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6962

and

http://icrontic.com/articles/clean_laptop_heatsink

I wouldn't personally say "open it up and clean it", but if you are comfortable doing it, it's worth a shot. Also, you can try removing the dust without actually opening it (with a can of compressed air), but I wouldn't know exactly how to do that (as I've never done it before).

malu

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
what are heatsinks?

Top Banana
Top Banana
A heat sink is like a radiator - it takes heat away from the CPU and other things that don't take well to over heating. It's usually aluminum.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
My parents have decide they don't trust my laptop anymore and said they will give me a early birthday and christmas persent by getting me a new laptop today.

Since my parents are going to spend most of the money on this I will go the cheapest way I can and still get a good laptop.

If the only problem this laptop was having was just restarting I might have tried to get a can of air. But also the USb plugs don't work never have I thought I had it fixs once but didn't have anything to test it on so when I finally got around to getting another Usb item to plug it still didn't work.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard