Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I've had a few emails about this today but I've been wandering around the site last week and a half and have not noticed any indication that there is an issue here.

Please, before you email me, try the following:

1. Clear your internet cache.
2. Reboot your PC.
3. If you are on Cable or DSL, try renewing your IP address with your ISP. At moden can hang and this can cause intermitten internet activity. I personally need to reset my modem from time to time.

I appreciate the warning. I'll mention it to the web host all the same as perhaps there is another DNS issue, but honestly I have not seen it at all.

Thanks.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Okay, I finally see the issue that some of you mght be experiencing.

I only have a fix for windows users (sorry).

1. open a command prompt (START >> RUN >> Type CMD >> Click OK.

2. run this command: ipconfig /flushdns

3. run this command: ipconfig /registerdns

4. Try launching again.

I'm really sorry about this and am hoping that the host is getting this resolved. I did email him when I received the second complaint.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Features Writer
Features Writer
I've actually had this happen to me on more than one occasion, but after the first couple (heart-stopping) times and someone told me that it was working for them, I figured it was more on my end.

More often then not, the time it takes to momentarily panic, calm down, and then check my e-mail or something is usually enough time for me to be able to get re-entry laugh That or I go play WoW...

But it IS good to know that I'm not the only one with this issue, and next time I think I'll follow them thar steps. Probably more efficient than my way, anyhoo.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
There's a technical reason (which may bore you) as to why the site seems to be intermittent. It was an issue with how *I* set up what's called nameservers, which tells the internet where to go when someone hits the URL.

I spoke to the web host today and I fixed the issue. The over all issue should be cleared up in about 24-48 and hopefully this will not happen again. *crosses fingers*

In the mean time, give the above a try, because it gets me around the issue when I encounter it.

Thanks

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

Features Writer
Features Writer
Thank you, Annette!!! sloppy

malu

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
haha ... a resolution for the next time. thanks thumbsup

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you!!!!

laugh party
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard