Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks again for all the responses. I'm happy to see that anyone is still following this story after all this time.

As for Clark's differences from our Clark....we'll see a bit more about what makes this Clark different, and what core parts haven't changed. wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still in "WOW" mode reading here, at the edge of my seat wondering what's going to happen next. Dinner coversation was satisfying, sweet, but now THE CONFRONTATION!! Clark's going to impress Lois *BIG* time now.

TEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's really cute to see how quickly and completely Clark's fallen for her <g> And Lois is obviously well on the way... but if you're up to part 12 and still going, then obviously something's going to happen to upset the romantic applecart... from what I remember, it should be fun smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
I love the discussion about integrity and love. Very well done!

Great installment. I'm really looking forward to more.

Irene smile

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh nice save Clark! Good story so far Shayne. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
very interesting! I can't wait to see what happens next!

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Uh oh - I think Lucy's "boyfriend" is in for a suprise!! Enter Lois' white knight! *sigh*!!

Great stuff, can't wait to see what happens!! smile1

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
This story is really great. I'd forgotten most of this from the other SWK. Keep it coming. spider

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved this line:
“Take your hands off her,” Clark said quietly. “Or I’ll do it for you.”
I can just see that in my mind. Great going, Shayne.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, tall, dark and handsome vs. big, swarthy, and ugly. I know which one I will bet on!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Just read 2 and 3. thumbsup

Great parts. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is great!!

I went and found all the parts from your original posts, and I love the story!! Now that I've got the initial reading fever taken care of, I'm going to read each part (again) as you post them. I'm looking forward to more of this story, and having read what you originally posted, am very glad you are writing again.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Ooh... nearly caught up now... By the way... did we ever get a posting schedule from you?

Instead, he'd spoken to them flawlessly in their own language and somehow won them over. The man had sidestepped that trap just as easily as he'd sidestepped all the others she'd laid for him.
You know, I want to yell at her for setting traps, but I really can't blame her. Not to mention I think all the traps are quite clever. And... we know we don't have to worry about Clark falling into any of those traps anyway. wink

She sat slowly, and found herself returning his smile. They ate in companionable silence for quite some time, and Lois was surprised at how comfortable she was with the silence.
Yay!! That says something right there. wink

She couldn't help but be suspicious of it. She wondered if this was what Lucy felt with each new boyfriend. An instant attraction burgeoning into an insane conviction that this person was some kind of soulmate. Lois had seen how Lucy's affairs always ended up- in heartbreak and disappointment.
First line is just plain Lois... and the rest... well, it rings true for me, and many others, I'm sure.

She looked at him suspiciously. He'd probably been lying about all the traveling he'd done just to impress her. She felt a moment's disgust. He probably hadn't actually had anything published either. Men would lie about anything to get into a woman's bed.
/me gives Lois a warning glare... just wait wink

Clark shook his head. "It's not the food...It's the company."

Lois froze. The compliment was so unexpected, especially in the middle of her mental tirade that she couldn't help but stop. Heat rushed to her face, and she hated the way that her face immediately lit up into a pleased smile.
See? laugh I love that. I really love it. smile

Clark Kent was a temptation that she didn't need.
No, no. You *do* need it! wink

"Ideals set a goal for us to strive for," Clark said. "And even if we don't always reach them, the fact that we try moves us much closer to our dreams."
Awww! Very well put. I love that.

"Right." Clark touched her hand, and for a moment, Lois felt as though she'd been struck by lightning. "Haven't you ever had a dream?"
And, oh boy, I *LOVE* that. I even felt a little jolt. smile1 And his words... I can just hear the way he's saying that. Like he's sad for her, but cares at the same time... he wants to know what's made her such a cynic, or maybe she's suppressing her dreams. And... I'm probably analyzing that too much. blush

There wasn't any way that she'd tell him the truth. The white knight she'd dreamed about when she was thirteen had been the fantasy of a young girl desperate to escape into fantasy.

She'd wanted a man who was as tall and strong as her father, a handsome, intelligent man. Unlike her father, however, this prince would love her. He'd never turn away from her, drowning himself in his work. He'd love her and only her, and they'd have a love that would last forever.
AWWWW!!! I LOVE that!! Love it. And just how great is it that she's found him?! smile1 Yeah, yeah... she doesn't know it yet, but still... wink

Even watching soap operas and dreaming impossible dreams had become too painful for her.
... I like that.

The prince she'd dreamed about when she was thirteen had been remarkably like Clark Kent.
GAH! Sucker punch right to the heart!!! Love that.

The woman was a cynic. She didn't believe in dreams, she refused to admit to ever having any, and she was continuously suspicious of him.

Clark thought he was in love.
LOL!! I love that! Am I being repetitive? Sorry. blush But this one just kills me... you think he's writing her off and then BAM! <g>

tbc...

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
"Integrity comes from love?" Lois asked, her expression doubtful.

"Where else? Integrity comes when you love yourself enough to do what's right, even if you have to face consequences."
You know... I need to start making a quotable quotes page... there are tons of these little gems so far and this is just one of them, Shayne. smile

It took Clark a moment to realize that his thumb was moving slowly over Lois's hand as he looked her in the eye.
Oooh... got a little shiver there!

Unaccountably, Clark Kent flushed. “I’ve dated, sure. I just haven’t ever been in love.”
Awww!! So endearing, so Clark!

Clark seemed to consider the question seriously for a moment. “I’m not sure I’m willing to go that far…but I do believe that the number of people with whom we can find true, lasting love is really limited.”
Har! I'm sure Wendy loves you for that one! wink Nixing the soulmates thing. But it works, and I like it. laugh

He was too accommodating. Lois wondered what he’d do if she asked him to drop everything right at the moment. After the amount he’d spent on dinner, most men would be irritated to say the least at the prospect of leaving most of it on the table uneaten.

She didn’t ask, however. She was still hungry, and the food suddenly tasted really good.
And Clark would do it in a heartbeat. wink

He glanced over at the woman beside him. It had been worth it though. He hadn’t been sure, at first, but the longer they’d talked the more certain he’d become. She was the one.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (Sorry, "w" key got stuck blush )

When he was with her, he could ignore the horrible odor of the cab, the fumes from the street, the cries of countless people across the city shouting and laughing, loving and dying. When he was with Lois Lane, the world seemed to shrink until only he and she existed.
Ack!! Gah! You got me straight through the heart with that one... twice! Once with the bolded part... you reminded me that he's not Superman and he does have to listen to people dying... Then you comeback and make it better. She's his escape from all that he has to endure. Again... am I over-analyzing? Just ignore me if I am. goofy

Touching her was a privilege and a gift, and somehow, holding hands with Lois Lane felt more intimate than all the evenings he’d spent in Milan and Paris.
Wowie!! *happy sigh*

Clark, of course, could hear the pounding beat of the music already, and he grimaced. Listening to loud, painful music wasn’t his favorite experience; it was almost infinitely louder for him than it was for anyone else, and it left him feeling off balance.
Awwww!! And great touch, Shayne! We keep learning little by little just how this Clark is.

Clark recognized several of the tattoos on Lucy’s date as being prison issue, made by amateur tatooists using needles made from sharpened staples and home brewed ink. Clark hadn’t spent any time in prison, but he’d had foster siblings who had, and he knew that the tattoo patterns spelled out nothing but trouble.
Eeeps!! And there you go again with those multi-purpose sentences! Clark's foster homes were less than suitable. frown

Lois had obviously seen the same thing Clark had, and come to the same conclusion. Lucy had been drugged.
Eeep! Poor Lucy!! frown

“Take your hands off her,” Clark said quietly. “Or I’ll do it for you.”
Good!! And even better that he said it quietly. It's so much more of a threat that way.

And here we reach both the point where Sara's caught up with current postings, and also where she doesn't remember much of what comes after this. So... only new and exciting stuff from here on out. wink (Though I'm sure I'll remember bits here and there laugh )

Sara (looking forward to the next part!)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Clark in cambat mode. I like it.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard