Print Thread
#229577 03/22/07 02:51 AM
J
jwb Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I wanted to update my profile, but now it's asking/forcing me to input a bunch of stuff - as if I'm registering for the first time. I'm already a member, why can't I just change what's there?

--
Jeff
#229578 03/22/07 03:13 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think all (or at least most) of the fields in the profile are required. If you don't want to put anything there, you might be able to get away with just putting a space in the fields you want to leave blank.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#229579 03/22/07 03:40 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's because changes have been made to the profile format since you joined, Jeff.

We've had a lot of problems with spammers trying to join the mbs. To help weed most of them out, Annette recently added two new requirements - now, you must fill in your birthdate and you must fill in the field asking why you're joining the mbs. It's not really a bunch of stuff - just two fields.

Since this change has been made after you joined the mbs, if you try to make changes to your profile without entering data into these two fields you will be prompted to fill them in or your changes won't go through.

Once you fill in your birthdate and the 'why?' field, your profile changes will go through and you won't be prompted thereafter.

LabRat smile

[Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard