Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you all for your comments. I've written two completely new chapters already, and am beginning a third.

As to questions people have asked...Pam, the little newspaper blurb is not new. It was always there- it was sort of the inspiration for the piece.

James...I'm reposting all the parts, so no need to go on an extended search. There is a TOC, though....but you'd have to search for that one too. As for poor moral decisions...this Clark hasn't had the same upbringing as our Clark. That'll be clearer later. However, he's still at heart got the same inner goodness. We'll just have to see how it all goes.

Artemis, I would post on both boards, but I'm having trouble posting to the other one. Maybe if I get it all figured out.

As for Sara's gaggle of gremlins, and everyone else's support, I can only express my deepfelt gratitude.

Thanks.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey great job again Shayne. You have me riveted to my seat. I can't wait until he finds out her line of work. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
I just read parts 1 and 2 for the first time. I've heard about this story, but never got around reading the available parts.

Anyway, from what I can I see so far I really like it thumbsup and can't wait to see what happens next.

~Julia wave

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm liking this alot so far and very glad you decided to repost it, as I hadn't caught it the first time around. You'd sort of worry that conversation between two people about their interests would get boring after a while, but having access to their inner thoughts and getting some unknown background on our favorite reporters was really very engrossing.

Good story! thumbsup Keep it coming.

TEEEEEEJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice job on this part, I really like this story so far. I am also looking forward to when they realize they work at the same place.

thumbsup thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Told you reposting from the beginning was a good idea, Shayne... see all the new readers you wouldn't have got if you'd just started from part 12? goofy

I still love the way Lois and Clark met, and the way Clark keeps wrongfooting Lois on the date. I just hope he doesn't do something to make her re-revise her opinion of him... wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
dance Glad you're reposting it. It has again gotten off to a good start!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Shayne

I love their meeting. smile1 Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
SWK is back!!!!
I enjoyed this story the first time you posted, and I was hoping it wasn't died!
Looking forward the next parts!

simona smile

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Shayne, I'm really glad you're posting again. I always wondered what had happened to SWK. I'm glad it's back.

Please keep posting and don't leave us hanging again.

gerry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by ShayneT:
There is a TOC, though....but you'd have to search for that one too.
The TOC can be found here .

I was way too nosy to wait for your reposting, so I'm currently waiting for the chapters 12++. The story started out great, a very different pre-Superman story in an alternative universe. Well, as I don't want to add to many spoilers here I'd just like to say that I'm looking forward to your postings.

By the way, it's great that you're writing again, especially on a story which was in limbo for 2 years.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Part 2 was great Shayne. I'd forgotten the whole football part. I'm really enjoying it more this time.
Also, I did a search on the other board and all your previous posts are there. All you have to do is search them and just add a reply that brings it to the top. Then you can get comments there too.
cool
Artemis
I followed my own advice and bumped them up to the top. Maybe you are having trouble reposting since they are already on that archive.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I like this, too, for the most part. I'm a little miffed that Clark has 'experimented' with sex. Makes him seem a little bit colder than we're used to, but you did say that this isn't 'our' Clark and this is, after all, your story, so those are your decisions to make.

I like the way the date is going, too, but Wendy, what the heck is 'wrongfooting?' I've never heard that expression before.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Terry:
"wrongfooting" = getting off on the wrong foot. It's an English phrase. Like "doorstopping" = hanging out on someone's door step to get an interview.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, 'wrongfooting' is more like tripping someone up, leading them to draw an incorrect conclusion - though not necessarily deliberate. So Lois jumps to conclusions about Clark from some of his conversation, but realises then that she's misjudged him.

And, sorry, I hadn't realised the expression isn't used in the US!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like the date so far.

Lois is sooo...Lois. Cynical, but not overly antagonistic.

And Clark is so much more assured.

Can't wait to read the next installment. But, wait, there it is now... laugh

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
“I don’t mind,” Lucy said quietly. “I’ll just get a seat where I can see you. It’s better to be safe than sorry, after all.”
Awww

Lucy didn’t trust her not to renege on the date. Lois grimaced. “If the guy is a pig, I’ll give you a signal to page me.”
razz ... not that I'm told I look like a professional, but the "I can't believe you don't have a boyfriend." Line. *sigh* </rant>

Clark grinned, and if his face had been handsome before, it was almost overwhelming now. Lois hoped she didn’t have a stunned expression on her face.
Awwwwwww!!!!

He paused then said, “Just so you won’t be tempted, I won’t talk about my work either.”
OH, you cheater, Clark!!!

“I thought you said you didn’t order for your dates, Mr. Kent,” Lois said tartly.

Clark glanced up from his menu and said, “I’ve got a healthy appetite. You can try the appetizers or pick something else if you’d like. I wasn’t ordering for you.”
Okay... I'll try not to quote everything here because if I recall correctly, most of the date is like this... but I just have to say that I love the conversation you've crafted, Shayne. I love Lois's comments and the thoughts behind them. She's trying so hard to resist, but there's something charming about him after all. wink And then there's Clark's responses. He can keep up with her, knock her off balance a bit, but he's only being his honest, modest self. Gotta love that!

So... yeah... on with the fdk. wink

Buut... since we're pause here, I think this is a good place for a TBC... Too many graemlins, darnit! razz

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
“Still...meeting the Dalai Lama, dancing with a Nigerian Princess, hiking across the Andes mountains in Chile...there’s nothing like the experiences you can find if you look hard enough.”
Show off. ;P

Clark coughed. “I lost both my parents when I was ten. I bounced around in the system until I managed to get a football scholarship to Midwestern University. The rest is history.”
Awww!

Lois froze. “You’re the Clark Kent who played for Midwestern University?”

Sipping his water, Clark nodded.
And leave it to Clark to score a point for himself when he's not even paying attention. wink

“That was only in my first year,” Clark said defensively. It had taken him that long to strike a balance between aggressiveness and the safety of the people he was playing against. “And while I might have caused a few twisted knees, I never really hurt anyone badly.”
Awww!!! Poor Clark!!! And even more sad that he had to find his own way without his parents' guidance.

His lifetime of drifting from home to home without any sense of stability had left a huge gaping hole in his soul, a need for acceptance and love that he still struggled with at times.
Awwww!! goofy

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard