Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229548 03/11/07 11:06 AM
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Just to let you know what I'm dealing with...

My computer problem right now is that the computer doesn't know where to "start" when booting up, and I was advised to reinstall my operating system which I plan on doing. I figure that won't be too difficult, but what I'm working on now is finding my XP with Media Center CD that came with the computer or I'm going to have to order a new one from the company.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
Kerth
Lucky you!

I used to have to do that every three to six months with my old computers. Guess what helped? Banning my dad from using it. laugh Somehow, he always managed to crash NERO until nothing was working any more. mad grumble That's why I'll never install NERO on a computer ever again!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
If you have your serial for XP you could always find the OS to download somewhere online to avoid having to buy it again.

If nothing else I'm sure you could call windows and give them your serial code and for a much smaller fee they will send you a replacement disk.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Yeah, I know I can get it again, cheaper because I already have the "license" to use it. As far as downloading it, I can't get my computer to start (the reason I have to reinstall my OS) so unless it's possible to download the ISO of it and burn it onto a CD I'm not sure how that'd be possible.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I you can't get your computer to start, how are you going to reinstall your OS? Having the computer ON is kind of a requirement for installing software.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
The computer will turn on, it just won't complete the start-up process and the computer guy who told me what to do said to just put in the CD that comes with the computer (or one that's the same) and it will start the installation process itself.

Kerth
Kerth
Only if you're lucky. If you're not, you'll have to format your hard drive. frown That's what usually happened to me.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard