Next Thread
Print Thread
#229473 01/12/07 10:32 AM
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
I found two folders in my Hard Disk yesterday - I have no idea where they came from. One of them is named "found.000" and the other one "found.001". They both contain folders named "dir0000.chk", "dir0001.chk" etc. and the dir folders contain various files. Some of those seem familiar, but most of them don't (and I don't know whether they're just system files I'd never seen, or something else).

Does anyone know what they could be? I'm thinking they could be files chkdisk recovered from my last hard drive failure (which was a few months ago), because the folders have this .chk extension plus I found stuff like Outlook files, and Outlook has stopped working since that HD failure (not that it worked well to begin with anyway, but still). But, for all I know, I may have a virus or something.

Thanks,
AnnaBtG. help

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#229474 01/12/07 10:51 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Take a look at this page. It could be your case.

It doesn't really look like virus files.

If you are afraid of deleting the files (thinking that maybe they are part of your system and may be important), you can always try changing the names of the files and/or directories and see if there is a problem with the system.

malu

#229475 01/12/07 12:56 PM
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Thanks, Malu! smile That's exactly what I needed to know. smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard