Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GidgetP Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
You used to be able to copy the whole story and paste to a word document but now when I try that it does not copy all the enters or tabs. Did they fix it to where you cannot do that anymore? I really wanted to put some more stories on my flash drive but don't know how now....Please help me!!!

Lois: You think we'll be together when we get old and gray.
Clark: I sure hope so because I don't think I could go on living if living is without you.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Hey, Gidget. smile

I'm not sure why copying and pasting isn't working for you anymore. I tried a few stories, and it worked fine for me. If it's still not working for you, there's another way you can save stories. Just go to "File" then "Save As" (or "Save Page As"), and it will save the story as a text file wherever you direct it to. And if you want to convert from the text file, check out the handy-dandy re-formatting tool they just made on the archive (you can find links for this on the main archive page). And as a note for saving the files, make sure the page is done loading before saving, or you won't have the full story.

Hope this helps!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

GidgetP Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
thanks for the advise...I'm still not able to copy and paste off the archive but I can save the story and use notepad to read it. Happy Holidays.

Lois: You think we'll be together when we get old and gray.
Clark: I sure hope so because I don't think I could go on living if living is without you.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't know if this could be problem, but it is just a thought. I recently updated to Internet Explorer 7 and I had one problem right after another. (I couldn't even read the board because everything was blurry.) It has major flaws! So if you just updated to IE 7, then I'd suggest uninstalling it and go back to IE 6. That might solve your problem. If you use automatic updating without checking what you are installing then you have probably installed it. If you don't know how to do that, let me know. (I had some difficulty with that, but thanks to help from some great folks here, I finally figured it out.)

Another problem might be if you are trying to save the story with FireFox. Sometimes it works for me... and sometimes it doesn't.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard