Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Selinde Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hiya FoLCs, this is a question about music videos. I have been thinking for a while that maybe I should start making MV's as well (although I honestly do not think that I could ever become as good as all those vidders in the FoLC Productions topic.. eek ) But anyway, my question is: where do I get the video material? I mean, I have got the programs for this (I use Pinnacle) and I know how to use them, but where can I get the episodes? Do I find them on the internet somewhere? Do I need to rip them from my dvd's? (and if so, how? - I am pretty bad with technology)

Oooh, all those questions.. I hope you can make me a little less dumb smile

Selinde

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Hey, Selinde smile

Poussin made a DVD ripping tutorial a while back that will show you how to rip your DVDs to your computer.

There are places around where you can download or otherwise obtain the episodes, but I think your best bet is to rip your DVDs if you can. The quality of the episodes out there isn't always the best, as they're from tv to videotape to computer. Not to mention it might take just as long to download 87 episodes. *g*

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Selinde Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you, I think I'll try this (and save you the effort of uploading all your eps for me - but thanks a lot for the offer anyway!!)

But i need to wait until tomorrow before I get the 3rd (& 4th?) season goofy But I could start with the first two seasons (i think it will take a while to rip everything, right?)

Well, thank you ever so much sloppy

Selinde

Selinde Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi, here I am again.. I've got a problem notworthy

Selinde

Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually, Selinde, I just got this problem last night when I tried to watch the Smallville episodes I'd downloaded. There are three solutions:

1.) If you have a DVD-Rom drive, instead of playing your episodes in Windows Media Player (or whatever other media player you use), play them in the program you use to watch DVDs. I use PowerDVD.

2.) Use a program like GSpot to find out exactly WHICH codecs (bits of programs that help Windows Media Player decode either the audio or the video in a file) are missing, then download that/those codec(s) from the internet--you can basically just type the name of the codec in Google, and you'll find a good place to download. Once it's downloaded, install the codec, and you should be able to watch your episodes in .avi format.

3.) Re-rip the episodes in a different format, which your player can read.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Selinde Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you, DSDragon smile

I had actually tried the first option already, just trying every program on my pc that would possibly play something video-like wink
But I'll try the 2nd option, and if that won't work, I'll rip em again ( frown )

So anyways, thank you very much laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
No problem. Like I said, I'd just had the same issue with my own media files, and had the time to type up the solutions I'd found.

Btw, call me Darcy. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Weird! I've never had this problem before. Either it doesn't work at all, and I have to download new codec, either it works just fine. But it never happened to me that an episode who was working just fine didn't work anymore (except when I burn them on a CD - sometimes, there can be an error that wouldn't allow me to play them anymore).

But I agree with Darcy about your options.

You should try too to play the video with VLCplayer (that's a free player that works WITHOUT codec, so it usually works to play videos that doesn't work with other player). You can find VLCplayer here:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Hope it'll help.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard